On a scale of 1-5, how burnt out are you with recent events?

Options
2»

Comments

• I think I'm 'done' with this game now unfortunately. I've been playing now for 365 days, and I'm still a transitioning player from 2-3. The main reason I think I'm done is because I just can't 'catch up'.

As more and more characters are introduced and older ones are rotated out I'm finding it nigh-on impossible to develop a decent roster that's capable of fighting at a decent level. Perhaps if tokens would give out a higher percentage of 3-4 star characters I might have more enthusiasm to continue.

I know I could/should probably leave my casual alliance and join one that at least gets some rewards from the tournaments but most of the top 250 have full rosters and/or have high requirements to join.

I've stopped PVP completely now and I only really do the PVE tournaments that have 'pure' PVE as I find those the most enjoyable. I hope this doesn't come across as 'sour grapes' or anything I just don't think I fit the requirement of player that D3 are looking for these days.

I'll just keep logging on every day to claim my log on bonus and who knows, maybe if I get lucky with a few heroic tokens I might enjoy the game a bit more ^.^
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am deffinatly glad the season is over and PVE went all nodes to trivial. I stayed up way too late with the previous 2 PVE's and I have gotten much better sleep with this last one. 2 back to back big time PVE's was brutal, while also having end of season PVP comming up. This should be a relaxing 4 days and then the fun starts all over again on Friday!!! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I am deffinatly glad the season is over and PVE went all nodes to trivial. I stayed up way too late with the previous 2 PVE's and I have gotten much better sleep with this last one. 2 back to back big time PVE's was brutal, while also having end of season PVP comming up. This should be a relaxing 4 days and then the fun starts all over again on Friday!!! icon_rolleyes.gif
    A bunch of Kittens moved to a casual alliance after the insane grind from last season. It was too life consuming.
  • I'm blessed with a job that I can take my own breaks at, so I can really get some grinds in when necessary. But lately, that hasn't been the case - just too busy. So without that, and with SO MANY events going on...I'm having trouble keeping up.

Add to that the fact that I've really started getting into Destiny and some other games, and my play time has really dropped in the recent weeks.

This current PVE has some positives (tokens galore, easy stuff) but I find there's next to no rubberbanding so I missed maybe a day and a half of nodes and now I'm screwed. Absolutely screwed. And I find myself not being angry about that, but instead going "meh."

The new PVE content was pretty meh, as well. I'm going to say this again: PVE HAS ABOUT 50 LINES OF DIALOGUE IN IT. IT SHOULDN'T TAKE THAT LONG TO WRITE AND IMPLEMENT. The clear focus of this game is PVP right now and since I really kinda hate PVP, maybe the game is phasing players like me out. It happens.
  • I voted for option 5, even though i already burnt out and quit around 3 weeks ago, but still randomly come in here to see whats new, and judging by the release of new characters, i can only say i couldn't have quit at a better time (after initial Fthor Cover and time slice update), or i would have either lost my sanity or probably broken my phone trying to keep up in this arms race...

The game itself is great for what it is, but still a lot of balancing and thought needs to go behind some of their decisions which make it seem like they are just gunning for players to spend more money on HP and ISO...

For those who manage to keep up with the craziness that is the world of MPQ, i salute you... especially those newcomers who now have to make their way to the top, i can only imagine how hard it would be considering i feel i never fully managed to build a proper 3* team even after almost 9 months of game play...