Farming for tokens

13»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    All those tokens! There to remind me that the drop rate is way, WAY to low! I pulled either one or two 3*'s out of the entire event, all but one token possible (didn't ever finish first, more possible that way I suppose).
  • Just from tokens from this one event I got ten 3* (including two Hood blues) and an XForce black. Would have liked some more HP, but I couldn't keep up with the grind. By midway through I couldn't even get top 50s.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    All those tokens! There to remind me that the drop rate is way, WAY to low! I pulled either one or two 3*'s out of the entire event, all but one token possible (didn't ever finish first, more possible that way I suppose).

I am not so sure that the drop rate is very low. Just from Iso8 tokens I had a drop rate of a little higher then 33% for 3* and higher. I also have another alliance member who had a 3* drop rate of 30%. It is either that we are both very lucky or the drop rate was a lot better for that token. I am curious if anyone else had good drops from Iso8 tokens also.
  • lhkatsu wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I am not so sure that the drop rate is very low. Just from Iso8 tokens I had a drop rate of a little higher then 33% for 3* and higher. I also have another alliance member who had a 3* drop rate of 30%. It is either that we are both very lucky or the drop rate was a lot better for that token. I am curious if anyone else had good drops from Iso8 tokens also.

You are both very lucky.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    daibar wrote:
    I know I'm in the minority in the forums, but I think the gauntlet usually sucks.

Once you've finished the nodes, there's nothing to do.
    If you get stuck on a node, there's no new sub the next day.
    Too many boosts are semi-required for some of the harder nodes.
    If you don't have the required hero, you can't get any decent rewards.
    At least in normal PVE, you've still got a chance to rank if you attack the nodes you can.
    In normal PVE, they give you an opportunity to earn the required hero. Not so with gauntlet.

I'm with you on this... If you don't have the essentials, theirs really no reason to even bother with it at all.
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    kalex716 wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    I know I'm in the minority in the forums, but I think the gauntlet usually sucks.

Once you've finished the nodes, there's nothing to do.
    If you get stuck on a node, there's no new sub the next day.
    Too many boosts are semi-required for some of the harder nodes.
    If you don't have the required hero, you can't get any decent rewards.
    At least in normal PVE, you've still got a chance to rank if you attack the nodes you can.
    In normal PVE, they give you an opportunity to earn the required hero. Not so with gauntlet.

I'm with you on this... If you don't have the essentials, theirs really no reason to even bother with it at all.

That whole essential node thing is the only big problem with the Gauntlet IMO. The rest you mention are roster strength issues, not roster availability issues.
    Some incarnations were especially poorly planned out in that the final reward of a sub-bracket rewarded one of the essential heroes, but you need that hero to fully max the sub-bracket to get that reward. It was Black Panther I believe.

As a compromise:
    There was only 1 essential hero, but there was a community progression meter that awarded the essential heroes when filled.
    This way, those that already had the hero could plow through quicker, so there is still a benefit to having them.

Agreed that it's pretty **** that people who don't have the essential 100% cannot finish it, whereas other PVE's they have the possibility to get top 100 rewards. Unless it was done like this latest ISO Brotherhood event, with forced joins of sub-brackets and **** ridiculous grinding.