Can we get more progression rewards?

Options
2»

Comments

• nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    Guys you clearly don understand the value of highest progression reward. It shouldnt be in the end, it should be in 1/3 or 1/2 of pve, like it is now - to provide people character required for essencials if they dont have it.
    It is good how this is now.

I clearly understand the OP's request which was additional rewards for the grind once you hit the final reward. Iso is always needed so it makes sense to have it as the additional reward. I don't think they should just give it away though so it should still be a stretch goal. 1k iso for every 10% over the final progression reward is not just giving it away.
  • I personaly like the idea of having more rewards.

For pve, now that the player base has increased there is a higher chance to reach max reward and the points have not changed basically. For pve I would definitely prefer including more steps with ISO and HP, leaving covers, especially 3* to the end. Getting covers became too easy and sometimes just not feel as a proper reward. If it is easy access to everyone than there is less fun on the process.

For pvp, I also would like to see more rewards and also making more difficult for top covers. I remember in the beginning of the year where top players would score around 800, but there was rewards up tp 1300. Now we have people reaching 3k points. so it would be good to include rewards up to 1600 at least, leaving top covers to the end of the reward.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tin-foil hat time...What if the reason they like allowing lots of people to win the top prize in PVE is part of the same conspiracy everyone here throws out...

There is a 'new' window when they want to restrict availability of a character, so only top-50 get it... this drives up demand. Once demand packs, maybe a week (or less) later, virtually everyone is allowed to get one copy of the 'hot', 'new' character. now lots of people need to buy a roster slot for their new character - *bang* hero points, spent.

That, or its because, after that event where no one got the top progression prize, everyone screamed so loudly that they just decided it wasn't worth the headache to try to right-size the reward to the effort reasonably required.
  • All reward should be attainable by the end of the event for those without essential node capability.

All other players need more rewards as we are reaching all rewards by 2nd round easily. It makes the rest of the 2+ days extremely boring.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit 50k max progression last night, once again at the midway point in an event.
    We need more progression rewards

Not looking for high level covers or HP, something simple like a superficial amount of iso or standard recruit tokens every 10k or so would be appreciated
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Condescending%20Wonka_zpsl6ikunqq.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Hit 50k max progression last night, once again at the midway point in an event.
    We need more progression rewards

Not looking for high level covers or HP, something simple like a superficial amount of iso or standard recruit tokens every 10k or so would be appreciated
    In the current event structure, I'd argue you get progress reward every 12 hours when the subs close. If you have Gamora it's not that difficult to get top 50 and thus some HP two times a day.
    That may change once there are more Gamoras in circulation though...
  • fmftint
    Options
    Here we are again, 4 days left in a 7.5 day event and max progression reward already earned.

WE NEED MORE PROGRESSION REWARDS

For all you people that lack reading comprehension, I'm not asking for BETTER progression rewards, just MORE of them.
  • We must have wildly different shards. The top guy in my one is still 20k away from the top reward, which means your average joe is miles away from 100k.

In fact, I am in a top ten pve alliance and none of the guys have hit 100k yet. One is 10k away but the majority of us are at around 60k. So I would guess from that (as we are in top 10, in theory all our scores are way above the majority) that most people are going to be hitting the progression reward on the last day, if at all?

Disclaimer: if the next few shards have lots more points then obviously this blows my point out the water.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    I like that progression rewards end, and prefer they end at a very reachable level. It gives a reason to get off the hamster wheel.

I know many of you are very competitive, and are forced to continue to grind the events after reaching the top progression reward for the convoluted PvP add-on to the PvE system.

I'd rather see a point cap on PvE, so now that you've ground out more than (X amount over) the top progression reward, all that did it just get a tie for first place. Something to free up time in real life. Then you could still play for enjoyment, and stop killing boars in the forest.
  • The problem is not with the progression rewards but that the scaling on the event is borked (reverse broken) You are all taking advantage of enemies that are maybe max level 50, and getting the points to reach the max reward much sooner then expected.
  • fmftint
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    The problem is not with the progression rewards but that the scaling on the event is borked (reverse broken) You are all taking advantage of enemies that are maybe max level 50, and getting the points to reach the max reward much sooner then expected.
    enemy scaling has nothing to do with it. if you hit every refresh and push timers back over night you will reach max progression well before and event ends.
    again im not asking for more covers, better covers, tokens. just some superficial iso, boosts even. something every 10-20k beyond the max 3* cover
  • It's COMICAL how these tokens in these events are supposed to mean anything when they give nothing but normal **** 2*.

70,000 pve pts for an Ares cover. Are you kidding me MPQ??? It's like this every freaking PVE. It's a BROKEN game when your standard tokens are more reliable for 3* than special event tokens FFS.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    dragma wrote:
    The problem is not with the progression rewards but that the scaling on the event is borked (reverse broken) You are all taking advantage of enemies that are maybe max level 50, and getting the points to reach the max reward much sooner then expected.
    enemy scaling has nothing to do with it. if you hit every refresh and push timers back over night you will reach max progression well before and event ends.
    again im not asking for more covers, better covers, tokens. just some superficial iso, boosts even. something every 10-20k beyond the max 3* cover

Seriously, this.
  • With normal scaling, they probably expect some of the nodes to be very difficult for the average player, and even some of them to be unbeatable without a handful of luck.

It's funny how when that happens people complain about scaling, but then when this happens, people complain that progression rewards are too easy.

Anyways, the Q&A #3 pretty much says they're happy with it the way it is right now; they just need to adjust difficulty.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the Q&A early: we don't want to give to many resources to everyone, the 2* rosters would progress to early!
    In the Q&A later: No more progression rewards.

My question - if you have scaling correct (so the easiest rosters can't hit all the progression rewards), couldn't you put more progression rewards? Sounds like this would fill your need of giving out more resources to higher-level teams....