Can we get more progression rewards?

Options
fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Once again I've achieved the final progression reward before the midway point of the event. I know I'm not alone either.
How about some iso? 1 star.png covers? anything

Comments

• Bueller. Bueller.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Options
    People keep saying that there are not enough progression awards and that we need more iso8. So what if we got both at the same time?

Right now, If the top progression award is at say 25k, then when you reach that your done. But what if there was an extension. Something like every 1,000 points got you 150 iso. So when you reached 26k you got an extra 150 iso8.png , then 27k got you another hundred and fifty. And so on. No matter how high you went, it stayed the same. Of course, the amounts would need to change with each event since point totals vary.

(point values and thresholds, as well as the iso8 amounts, are just an example. the #'s may need to be tweaked a bit)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People keep saying that there are not enough progression awards and that we need more iso8. So what if we got both.

Right now, If the top progression award is at say 25k, then when you reach that your done. But what if there was an extension. Something like every 1,000 points got you 150 iso. So when you reached 26k you got an extra 150 iso8.png , then 27k got you another hundred and fifty. And so on. No matter how high you went, it stayed the same. Of course, the amounts would need to change with each event since point totals vary.

I love this idea. Much better than just making the top reward nigh impossible to get in order to always have the sense of progression.
  • What about a 4* cover at 2.5 times the 3* cover? How much would you grind for that? I know I might quit my lazy approach and push for it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember a time when the final progression reward was difficult to reach. If you didn't play through the event, you had no chance of reaching it. Heck, there was this one time, in Unstable ISO-8, where no one was even close to the top half of the rewards board.
    That seems to have changed. It could be because the devs prefer that everyone has a chance to get all the progression rewards even if they can't play essential nodes.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I remember a time when the final progression reward was difficult to reach. If you didn't play through the event, you had no chance of reaching it. Heck, there was this one time, in Unstable ISO-8, where no one was even close to the top half of the rewards board.
    That seems to have changed. It could be because the devs prefer that everyone has a chance to get all the progression rewards even if they can't play essential nodes.
    I still say that that first run of the hulk was the closest they got to an ideal rewards curve
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I still say that that first run of the hulk was the closest they got to an ideal rewards curve
    Can't complain when everyone gets the featured character. icon_e_smile.gif That was way too early in the game for me to worry too much about reward structure though.
  • I like the progression rewards being so attainable. It's a great way for transitioning players to earn good covers. I do wish they could put in a repetable award after the "final" award. Something like 250 iso for every 10,000 points or something.
  • I like the idea, but given the PVP has completely stalled for me in terms of progression with the changes they have made, I would rather leave it as is. Too fearful of what they might do if they start tinkering with the pve rewards.

Put it this way, I know that if I put the effort in with PVE I have a fair chance of getting a 3* cover, and in PVP and token packs all I have seen is my chances overall diminish.
  • fmftint
    Options
    Im not asking for bigger rewards or to make the current ones harder to reach, Im asking that there be some consolation reward AFTER you reach the final progression reward. Nothing major, just some iso every few 1000 points beyond the final cover reward
  • fmftint
    Options
    Im not asking for bigger rewards or to make the current ones harder to reach, Im asking that there be some consolation reward AFTER you reach the final progression reward. Nothing major, just some iso every few 1000 points beyond the final cover reward
  • You are asking for an overhaul of the rewards. In your mind it may be small, but if the developers are going to look into the pve rewards system, they'll do more than a minor change.

And their changes don't tend to end up with it being easier on the player.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

Once you get to the end of the progression rewards, they're spaced by 10k-20k (might have even been 30k in Simulator, don't remember). It would be quite interesting if they turned around and did every 1000 from that point on. I think every 10-20k is more realistic an ask.
    papa07 wrote:
    What about a 4* cover at 2.5 times the 3* cover? How much would you grind for that? I know I might quit my lazy approach and push for it.

It's not a bad idea, but you just know there'd be a swarm of people complaining that it's out of reach. I'm pretty sure that's the reason the progression is so easy now, because when it's not, the pitchforks come out, like on every other issue.
  • I would like to see some alliance progression awards. It made sense not to have them when some alliances had 20 members while others only had 5, but now that the alliance size is equal it would be fair to have them.

They probably shouldn't be 3 or 4 star covers, but lower level covers, iso and HP would be good incentive for alliance members to keep playing an event after getting all the individual progression awards. It would also allow the heavy hitters in an alliance to bring in more awards for the newer or transitioning players in their alliance.
  • Something like 1000 ISO or 50 HP or alternating between the two every 10k past the top progression award would do a lot to make grinding 20 ISO nodes more appealing. It doesn't have to be anything huge, but the sense you'll get something for all that grinding would make it less tedious. An entire clear of these subs only gets you like 180 ISO.
  • fmftint
    Options
    They need to do something, Max progression reward at 40k, Ill do over 40k in the second sub alone
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    I posted this once before but since its been brought up again my suggestion was to have 1k iso rewards for every 10% over the max progression reward score. 40k in curent event so every 4k over 40k get 1k iso. For last MRAGroot it was 50k so evey 5k over. For the last TaT it was 160k so every 16k get 1k iso. Etc etc.
  • The first Hulk had some really weird mechanism where all the subs was rubberband based on the main bracket leader which is why the scores are all so close and I don't think it was ever used again. One of the side effect is that there are subs you have absolutely no chance of winning no matter what you did because there was a guy who just joined the main event with 0 points.

One simple fix I think would be make time limited events nodes reset to 0/4 rewards whenever you hit 4/4. I don't think even the easiest node would be worth grinding them just for iso compared to dropping a level 1 enemy in one match 3 for 20 iso but at least you've more to look forward to than 20 more iso once you got the checkmark.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys you clearly don understand the value of highest progression reward. It shouldnt be in the end, it should be in 1/3 or 1/2 of pve, like it is now - to provide people character required for essencials if they dont have it.
    It is good how this is now.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I achieved the top progression reward, in the second sub... without Thora. There needs to be something after...