Prove Your Worth - Dec 3 - 5 - Season VIII

Options

Comments

• IlDuderino wrote:
    Kappei wrote:
    IlDuderino wrote:
    This is the most frustrating event ever - at 900 I have been getting matches of 3 - 5 points for literally 8 hours. Does anyone want she-thor? Apparently not.

Do all the high scorers join one time slot now?

Looks like that... I've hit you once (maybe twice?) because you were basically the only juicy target(juicy... we're talking about 26-28 points). Now at 800+ all I'm getting 10-15 points targets. Where is everyone?

Happy to oblige! I got bored and frustrated so finally unshielded. Will be avoiding this tier again if I care about the progression rewards

The problem is: which tier should we enter for the progression rewards?
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    IlDuderino wrote:
    Kappei wrote:
    IlDuderino wrote:
    This is the most frustrating event ever - at 900 I have been getting matches of 3 - 5 points for literally 8 hours. Does anyone want she-thor? Apparently not.

Do all the high scorers join one time slot now?

Looks like that... I've hit you once (maybe twice?) because you were basically the only juicy target(juicy... we're talking about 26-28 points). Now at 800+ all I'm getting 10-15 points targets. Where is everyone?

Happy to oblige! I got bored and frustrated so finally unshielded. Will be avoiding this tier again if I care about the progression rewards

The problem is: which tier should we enter for the progression rewards?

Either time four or five should get you a good chance at progression rewards for any event that ends in the US evening. For mid-week, four scores high but five might be weaker.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks they changed the matchmaking algorithm again, but decided not to tell us this time?
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks they changed the matchmaking algorithm again, but decided not to tell us this time?
    probably... hit 166 wall around 450 this time (but still could find some sane targets with lots of skips). usually it happens later.
  • simonsez
    Options
    I hit that wall before I even got to 300. And I'm getting hit way more often at way lower scores than usual too. If the goal is to make scoring well in PvP as tedious as scoring well in PvE, it's working.

Tangent: am I right that there's a guy in your alliance with a maxed Thorina, maxed Groot, and no other 3s and 4s? How does that happen?
  • simonsez wrote:
    I hit that wall before I even got to 300. And I'm getting hit way more often at way lower scores than usual too. If the goal is to make scoring well in PvP as tedious as scoring well in PvE, it's working.

Tangent: am I right that there's a guy in your alliance with a maxed Thorina, maxed Groot, and no other 3s and 4s? How does that happen?

tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif
  • Kappei wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

Actual answer:
    McDuck.jpg
  • simonsez
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Actual answer:
    McDuck.jpg
    Yeah, I get that's the answer as to where the maxed Thorina and Groot came from, it's the exclusion of everything else that I'm not understanding.
  • Ugh just crossed the 1000 point mark and decent matches are impossible to find. That 1300 reward is looking awfully difficult
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    When does this event end officially?
  • simonsez wrote:
    Yeah, I get that's the answer as to where the maxed Thorina and Groot came from, it's the exclusion of everything else that I'm not understanding.

I'd guess started recently (at least that account); took advantage of massive advantage new players have in PVE, especially if they know what they're doing, and then spent money to max those two characters.
  • 40 more points... little over an hour.. icon_e_confused.gif

btw.. whoever zeeke is must be stalking me.
  • was at 1266 making a shield hop and got crushed by attacks bringing me back down to 1134. ****. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

dunno if i can make up ground with a little over an hour left
  • ^ I saw you I believe. Running the xforce/hulk?

Leave me alone! icon_evil.gif
  • Sweenz wrote:
    ^ I saw you I believe. Running the xforce/hulk?

haha yea that's me...did i hit you? if so (sorry) hopefully i didnt set you back too much. for much of my climb i only targets between 17-23 points. bleh
  • unco_dan wrote:
    > was at 1266 making a shield hop and got crushed by attacks bringing me back down
    > to 1134. ****. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    >
    > dunno if i can make up ground with a little over an hour left

you can do it!!! i have faith.
  • unco_dan wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    ^ I saw you I believe. Running the xforce/hulk?

haha yea that's me...did i hit you? if so (sorry) hopefully i didnt set you back too much. for much of my climb i only targets between 17-23 points. bleh

Yea, but I was shielded. Waiting for the activity to settle down between jumps is tough.
  • VICTORY!!!

from 1266, knocked down to 1134 with an hour left...and made back up to 1311 with minutes so spare

FEELS SO GOOD TO HAVE A 4or!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Was a grind from 800 to 1300 here. Netted a -1600 hp in the process. Which was fine, cause I was on the verge of buying a black xforce, and now got both it and 4thor for less.
  • So I was wondering why I was being hit so much for Doc Ock prizes(YES I KNOW THERES A THOR ON THE LINE) but then I realized - 2* players are getting a free 105 character to probably tank ish for them.

I mean, I haven't dropped this much(has to be 180+ points at this point) since I was a pre-Level-94 player.

It is slightly frustrating that 114 Daken/Hulk apparently don't deter anyone in this PVP.