Prove Your Worth - Dec 3 - 5 - Season VIII

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I was hoping they'd at least make his green the 100/Alliance prize. I think I'm going to respec my Doc Ock from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5, just because his blue is so useless. But I don't know that this will be worth pushing to top 25 for. Or shielding for.

Yeah, I must admit I am dismayed with blue being the easy prize again. My Doc Ock is 4/0/1. Lord knows he isn't a good character, but still...

Maybe the devs are embarassed by him and don't want him playable.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    Maybe the devs are embarassed by him and don't want him playable.

Until they give out more black (and, to a much lesser extent, green) covers, their wish is granted. I've had a lot of luck pulling him from tokens (I think I pulled four the day he got added and I opened the ones I'd been saving) and he's usable in certain circumstances at 5/5/3, but that black is the only thing that makes him usable even in ideal situations.

His green is ok, but does a lot of things badly and nothing especially well. His blue is pretty much useless.
  • xequalsy wrote:
    Meh Doc Ock covers, not worth bothering to try hard for top 100 then, especially since I barely made it for Blade. Back to PvP apathy.

EDIT: For people who didn't join the first slice, the rewards are Doc Ock - Black, Green, Blue (Alliance = Blue as usual). 1300 - 4* Thor Red.

Good advice, everyone ignore and don't participate in this PVP since it's JUST doc ock, that way I don't need 700 pts for a cover
  • raisinbman wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    Meh Doc Ock covers, not worth bothering to try hard for top 100 then, especially since I barely made it for Blade. Back to PvP apathy.

EDIT: For people who didn't join the first slice, the rewards are Doc Ock - Black, Green, Blue (Alliance = Blue as usual). 1300 - 4* Thor Red.

Good advice, everyone ignore and don't participate in this PVP since it's JUST doc ock, that way I don't need 700 pts for a cover

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngredflag.png at 1300 gets in the way of that. But, does mean many people will stop at 1300 if they really don't care about their placement.
  • j12601 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.pngredflag.png at 1300 gets in the way of that. But, does mean many people will stop at 1300 if they really don't care about their placement.

JT , in the higher scoring shards of death...i say yes.

In my bracket for psylocke, top 5 were all over 2k...i didnt need the covers and was only really playing for alliance score and season placement. i stopped @1450ish...i probably would have stopped @ 1300 if all i was interested in was the blue fury.

i predict that people in the high scoring shards will be happy w 1300, a red 4hor and a top 25 when they realize that they will need to put up 1800 to sniff top 10
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I was hoping they'd at least make his green the 100/Alliance prize. I think I'm going to respec my Doc Ock from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5, just because his blue is so useless. But I don't know that this will be worth pushing to top 25 for. Or shielding for.

Quick Vote to help Ben Grimm out!! What is more useless Doc Ock's Blue or his Green?

my vote:
    who cares they are both horrible just make sure you have 5 black!!
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    icon_doctoroctopus.png
    Ok, now I know. It'd be helpful if the awarded characters name could be given as well so those of us who haven't memorized the symbols don't have to look them up when quickly checking to see what the awards will be.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got LadyThor red from prog300-token. Alliance-mate also got one from it.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    :docock:
    Ok, now I know. It'd be helpful if the awarded characters name could be given as well so those of us who haven't memorized the symbols don't have to look them up when quickly checking to see what the awards will be.
    If you hover over the symbol with your cursor it should say what character the symbol refers to. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Super grindy battles, and **** icon_doctoroctopus.png rewards? I predict super low scores with less participation than icon_hulk.png PVPs.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Super grindy battles, and **** icon_doctoroctopus.png rewards? I predict super low scores with less participation than icon_hulk.png PVPs.
    Red Thor @1300.
    Clean your crystal ball icon_e_wink.gif
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought a 10 pack for this event (like a moron) and only got blueflag.pngicon_spiderman.png

I could have forgiven that, but the free 10pack I got for this season only had 1 gold in it as well, and it was blueflag.pngicon_spiderman.png
    That seams highly improbable to say the least....
  • Can't get over the 800 hump. 4* wall. 1300.. you seem so close, yet are further away than ever.

On the plus side, I did manage to pull a shethor with the event token at 300.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is the most frustrating event ever - at 900 I have been getting matches of 3 - 5 points for literally 8 hours. Does anyone want she-thor? Apparently not.

Do all the high scorers join one time slot now?
  • IlDuderino wrote:
    This is the most frustrating event ever - at 900 I have been getting matches of 3 - 5 points for literally 8 hours. Does anyone want she-thor? Apparently not.

Looks like that... I've hit you once (maybe twice?) because you were basically the only juicy target(juicy... we're talking about 26-28 points). Now at 800+ all I'm getting 10-15 points targets. Where is everyone?
  • Im only seeing 3 point matches.. consider yourself lucky...
  • Danman2008
    Options
    I anyone in the first time shard even close to 4hor? I am at around 1050, all I see is 3-6 point matches, with an occasional 14 pointer..., second place in the bracket is a hundred points behind... not looking good for that 1300 reward
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    IlDuderino wrote:

Looks like that... I've hit you once (maybe twice?) because you were basically the only juicy target(juicy... we're talking about 26-28 points). Now at 800+ all I'm getting 10-15 points targets. Where is everyone?

Happy to oblige! I got bored and frustrated so finally unshielded. Will be avoiding this tier again if I care about the progression rewards
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Danman2008 wrote:
    I anyone in the first time shard even close to 4hor? I am at around 1050, all I see is 3-6 point matches, with an occasional 14 pointer..., second place in the bracket is a hundred points behind... not looking good for that 1300 reward
    Well, the whole X alliances are in slice 5 (and half of them in my bracket), so you'll have trouble reaching 1300 in other slices without some coordination. Possibly a lot of coordination.