Fresh Cut - Nov. 30th-Dec.3rd - Season VIII

Options
13»

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    Slice #2 here, ends in 6h 11m. Top 10 is 1293 - 907. So although there may be some death brackets out there, I think with Blade covers and Thor covers at stake, there may be a lot more of the 166ers spread out amongst the slices for easier placement. Normally around 700 is good enough for Top 25 for me (or maybe just because old covers that are useless to the 166ers have been the rewards the past few PVPs), but I think I'm gonna settle for Top 100, since Top 25 will likely be out of my reach.

I think I was in slice #2 (finished at 8pm AEDT)
    Top 1-10 was 1372-871, with me in #10.

I'm quite happy with my result. I think that's the highest I've placed in a while.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This reminds me why I hate PvP.

Likely to make it into top 100 but being pummelled match after match after match means I won't be.

To think I gave up PvE (and likely the Blade progression) for this. What an idiot.

Yay change of end time - now means you can lose in real time as opposed to being asleep.

I am getting tired of this ****.
  • Dammit, Soundwave.... How am I supposed to win if you keep putting up points?

Haha, good times. I fell asleep, and couldn't keep pace. It was a fun run. Well, except for the not winning part.

How on earth were you finding points? I couldn't find anything. I was making mini-hops like a madman!

Enjoy the blue 4thor. You definitely earned it! *tips hat*
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    to Thanos2. You sir....are very worthy opponent, it was so intense and i know for a fact the only reason i won is cause you didn't finish you last match in time. Thank you sir for the funnest, most intense end to a PVP in a long time. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I did slice 1, and got 17th with 832. Top 5 was over 1000. So not as bad as slice 4 has been. I'll be interested to see what happens when the Sunday-Wednesday range of PVPs has a low-demand prize; I think it's been a relatively new cover both times it's run under the time slices.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    In slice #3, top ten ended 1378 - 956. I saw a few targets over 1400, but nothing crazy like my alliance is reporting from time 4.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In slice #2, final top 10 was 1404 - 1154. I kept yo yo-ing at the end, and finished outside the top 100 with 540. Forget A or B team, I was just going in with random guys, probably G or H team, with enough health that might make it out of the match. Was out of health packs, and did break into the top 100 at around 596 pts, I think 95th, thanks to a defensive win. Got greedy (last 10 min at this pt), went for the 600 pt prize, lost match, 2 defensive losses, no cover. Went back to PVE.

Seemed to hit the 166 wall in the 520s, so climbing was especially difficult. Maybe because I was climbing within the last 2 hours when people were shielded. I think I did see someone shielded around 536 pts, so their 119th position was safe.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Slice 1 top 10 1590-1300, I gave up on top 5, 1105 got me 15th
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Not sure how I managed to get in this bracket, but w/3+ hrs left, top 10 is 2821-2009. And, no, I'm no where near that. Hope I can hang on for a single blade cover...
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    to Thanos2. You sir....are very worthy opponent, it was so intense and i know for a fact the only reason i won is cause you didn't finish you last match in time. Thank you sir for the funnest, most intense end to a PVP in a long time. icon_e_smile.gif

Yes, that was intense. I fell asleep at one point and woke up with just 7 mins left on my shield. I kept hoping someone would hit you while you were pushing but i guess no one wanted to fight your 4 Thor. Enjoy your Thor, you earned it! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Top 5 in the 1pm EST bracket is all over 2K. And most of them already have a Maxed Thorgina. I don't get it... icon_question.gif
  • If anyone knows R2Builder from Army of Sparta please congratulate him/her on the most intense battle for first place I've ever experienced. Sad that I ended up losing (got hit for -50 in my last hop and could not recover), but it was definitely something I will remember. Enjoy the Thor!
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Was able to grab one blade, 702 for 75th place. Just a bit off the pace from 1st of 3009. icon_eek.gif
  • Seems like folks are serious about their Blade covers, at 76, hopefully I can stay top 100.

Also, to that guy who said shielding would help vs a wall of 166s can officially suck it
  • NotYou13
    NotYou13 Posts: 104
    Options
    I was in slice one. I took first with 1520. Tenth was at 934. Top 5 were all 1300+.
  • Anyone know where t100 alliance score is at right about now?
  • I was in the first slice as well, and aside from our race for first, the bracket was pretty nice. Top 5 was achievable for less than 900.

If I calculated it correctly, I think I spent 900 imcoin.png and at least 40k iso8.png* to take first. I probably didn't need to do the last hop or so, but the extra lead allowed me to retreat to an alliance mate to help him secure 1st in his bracket.

GvsisWR.jpg

*I took icon_psylocke.png from 150 to 166 for this, so it doesn't really count, but I did spend the iso during the event