To sell or not to sell?

Options
2»

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    players only speak of using him in essential nodes or his featured pvp. Other characters that fit that bill, beast, doc ock, etc. Characters people use in pvp and pve outside of that include lt, lc, hulk, xforce, patch, etc. You see where I am going. Sentry status did not go to l daken or hood status. Sentry is the new spiderman.

Once you have XF, 90% of the characters in this game are obsolete in that you only use them in featured / essential nodes. Personally, the only characters I use now on a consistent basis are XF, CMags, Hood, DP, LCap, maybe Daken. Every single other character falls under the exact same category as Sentry: never going to be put on my A team, so I'll only use him if i want to give my A team a break, or if he's featured.

I think comparing Sentry to spiderman is just blatant overreaction. Sentry can end the game with 12G and 8 Yellow, and pretty much no character can come close to doing that with that amount of AP. It's obviously a lot weaker than it was before, but putting him on the bottom tier like Spidey is just silly. If I can Sentry bomb my way to victory with Sentry / 1* characters for 2 nodes in this PvE, that alone will have been be infinitely more than anything post nerf Spidey has contributed to my team (literally 0).
  • ark123 wrote:
    If he had been released in the current state people wouldn't hesitate to put him near Lthor tier. So if you'd sell lthor, sell sentry.
    I, in all sincerity, doubt it.

I think he could be a top 20 character, if people are charitable. But he wouldn't even sniff top 5.
  • If we do ranking by strenght in single fight - Sentry is still top tier, but... after fight, he is unusable for few hours. It's virtually pointless to use him without any boost. Sentry's sustainability is worst in the game and for this reason he is no longer top 10.
    His self damage handicap now is not justificable by strenght, they should change his powers like Magneto - but it seems that would have taken too long...
  • onimus wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    If he had been released in the current state people wouldn't hesitate to put him near Lthor tier. So if you'd sell lthor, sell sentry.

I think he could be a top 20 character, if people are charitable. But he wouldn't even sniff top 5.

Yeah, what other character outside of top 5 has a 20 ap combo that will wipe the enemy team most times and when not just leave them horribly crippled and almost certainly dead, while shaking the board as amazingly as WR does?

And a separate ability that can do 3.4k plus cascades to the whole team? For 11 ap?

You're crazy if you don't think he's good now.
  • ark123 wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    ark123 wrote:

Yeah, what other character outside of top 5 has a 20 ap combo that will wipe the enemy team most times and when not just leave them horribly crippled and almost certainly dead, while shaking the board as amazingly as WR does?

And a separate ability that can do 3.4k plus cascades to the whole team? For 11 ap?

You're crazy if you don't think he's good now.
    Have you played him since the nerf?

You're lucky to deal half damage to the enemy team with the combo now.

WR is garbage. 3 turn countdown combined with the fact that it takes several turns to acquire the 12 green AP allowing the enemy team to farm up their board shake abilities, leaves you lucky to get half the countdown tiles off.

It is hardly reliable and a character that can kill the entire team sometimes if you're lucky and if the enemy team is flaccid for 3 turns...is not a strong character.

Not to mention the damage he does to himself and his team, his health pack eating is even worse than before.

His only value in PVP, as far as I can see, is if you only need to win 1 or 2 matches, you have the all AP boosts and you're worried about being attacked the second you unshield (Above 1300).