PvP variable end times effect on scoring

Options
13»

Comments

• MaskedMan wrote:
    Have to agree with the nay sayers on this one. For whatever reasons overnight it became massively harder to get in the top 100 ranks for those of us without 166 teams. Before this change with hard play you could almost always score a 3 star card reward from PvP but afterward I can barely make top 200.

Tried different starting times without effect. Not sure if this just brought back players who had quit or what but because of the terrible reward structure for PvP events - top 100 get a 3 star, 100+ get 2 star (i.e. worthless reward since no one needs more two star characters). Even a Gold Hero card would be tremendously better than that and would allow people not placing in top 100 to advance (if very slowly).

As it stands I will wait and see what happens and see if they rebalance in some way. Otherwise I will stop playing regularly as advancement for me anyway will be impeded too drastically. I don't mind paying for a game but buying a 166 team defeats the purpose of advancing (a major part of the game). The advancement aspect is the most important part of the game for someone like me.

Oddly when I get a 166 team I would definitely stop playing (as I do in other games when I reach max level). So forcing players to have a 166 team to participate in competitions defeats the purpose of playing for me. Others plays for different reasons but that is my place in things.

It is nearly " impossible" to get top 100 with 2 star.png team, I get 513 points in current heavy metal event in rank 98 . I found than those higher / lower than we ( within 10 rank) all come with 3 star.png characters with at least 130 + level. I can only sit there and wait for 166 to deflect me to get their points.... It feel suck!
  • benben77 wrote:
    MaskedMan wrote:
    Have to agree with the nay sayers on this one. For whatever reasons overnight it became massively harder to get in the top 100 ranks for those of us without 166 teams. Before this change with hard play you could almost always score a 3 star card reward from PvP but afterward I can barely make top 200.

Tried different starting times without effect. Not sure if this just brought back players who had quit or what but because of the terrible reward structure for PvP events - top 100 get a 3 star, 100+ get 2 star (i.e. worthless reward since no one needs more two star characters). Even a Gold Hero card would be tremendously better than that and would allow people not placing in top 100 to advance (if very slowly).

As it stands I will wait and see what happens and see if they rebalance in some way. Otherwise I will stop playing regularly as advancement for me anyway will be impeded too drastically. I don't mind paying for a game but buying a 166 team defeats the purpose of advancing (a major part of the game). The advancement aspect is the most important part of the game for someone like me.

Oddly when I get a 166 team I would definitely stop playing (as I do in other games when I reach max level). So forcing players to have a 166 team to participate in competitions defeats the purpose of playing for me. Others plays for different reasons but that is my place in things.

It is nearly " impossible" to get top 100 with 2 star.png team, I get 513 points in current heavy metal event in rank 98 . I found than those higher / lower than we ( within 10 rank) all come with 3 star.png characters with at least 130 + level. I can only sit there and wait for 166 to deflect me to get their points.... It feel suck!
    I'm sort of stuck in the same position you are. As a transitioner, I'm getting hit a lot more by people who see an easy target at 500 points. I've found the only semi-consistent way to place with the additional competition is to make the final climb 4.5 - 3.5 hours before the ending, and then shield when there's less than 3 hours left. It probably works with an 8 hour shield as well, but the time zones never worked out for me to do that. I can no longer play in the last 2 hours and hope to rank, as the competition is just too fierce -> missed out on top 100 in the last 2 pvps. Top 25 is now out of reach, top 50 highly doubtful.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I'm sort of stuck in the same position you are. As a transitioner, I'm getting hit a lot more by people who see an easy target at 500 points. I've found the only semi-consistent way to place with the additional competition is to make the final climb 4.5 - 3.5 hours before the ending, and then shield when there's less than 3 hours left. It probably works with an 8 hour shield as well, but the time zones never worked out for me to do that. I can no longer play in the last 2 hours and hope to rank, as the competition is just too fierce -> missed out on top 100 in the last 2 pvps. Top 25 is now out of reach, top 50 highly doubtful.

Try one of the other time slices which isn't housing the top-end players. Many of the lower point players from other regions of the world jumped slice so if you remain in the same death-slice as the 166-ers, you're bound to become a more frequently exposed target than before.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Try one of the other time slices which isn't housing the top-end players. Many of the lower point players from other regions of the world jumped slice so if you remain in the same death-slice as the 166-ers, you're bound to become a more frequently exposed target than before.

If it were 10 years ago and I didn't have a wife, I'd probably be picking the 4 AM or 1 PM end times. I might try a different time slice when I don't care about the reward; see what happens when I go 8 hours exposed.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:

If it were 10 years ago and I didn't have a wife, I'd probably be picking the 4 AM or 1 PM end times. I might try a different time slice when I don't care about the reward; see what happens when I go 8 hours exposed.

Buy an 8hr shield and feel the pain non-US players have felt for more than half a year.
  • so the solution is that we should just hand all the convenient time slots right over to all the ultra-pay-to-win players and get used to 10am/4am?

what next? we start paying the top 20 alliances protection fees?
    What an interesting post.

I don't think that is the solution. I really don't think you do either. But
    all the ultra-pay-to-win players
    have the same right to choose a time slot as you and everyone else. If you get in one with us, it's not our fault any more than it is yours.

You may find that the Elite players will eventually segregate ourselves. When that happens, start looking for posts complaining about how the point differences between slots are too great.
    Top players do not want to be in slots with average or sub-average players. Players can't score high when they are 350 points above the next lower player.

We will not be requesting protection fees. Funny image in my head now, though. Lol

The only unfortunate situation that may arise for casual players is that they accidentally stumble into a time slot heavy on Elite players. Then you can forget about having a chance to improve your roster with new covers.
  • i believe you get bracketed once you pick an end time. so i really dont know how you can actively choose an end time that will land you in a good bracket. i have had 3 different end times so far and have only landed myself in the top 200 once. the rest were top 500 placements. being in the transition super sucks on all modes of play. especially right now. want to hit 50k on the groot pve? good luck, you have to have him to get there OR not be in the transition phase...cuz scaling. the game isnt fun at the moment. I currently have 11k points in the pve...and that isnt for lack of trying. scaling combined with some nasty AI cascades and i run out of health packs in 5 minutes of game play, and in another 3 minutes, i have all heroes downed. so i relied on the pvp to get groot...fat frikkin chance.......meanwhile, my friend on IOS has been landing in #1 spots consistently after the pvp end time implementation...and his roster is no better than mine. i feel cheated honestly.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow this is the epitomy of first world problems. The heartache and pain it must be to be at the top of your bracket by hundreds of points and having to prey on the bottom feeders like me who will only give you 15 or so points for being so easily steam rollered by a far superior character roster that it isnt even a challenge.

D3 I demand that all matches must be worth a minimum of 800 points for my 3 match shield hop!
  • so the solution is that we should just hand all the convenient time slots right over to all the ultra-pay-to-win players and get used to 10am/4am?

what next? we start paying the top 20 alliances protection fees?

I'm actually pretty happy with it. If you want 1300 points easily (easier at least) join the last slice as soon as it opens. Bam, 1300 MIGHT not even net you top 25, but you still get the progression cover.

Meanwhile, in the higher times, 1000 is winning brackets and 1300 is a tremendous effort to put forth.

If you want covers, go 1-3, if you want points go 4-5. Easy.