Heavy Metal - Nov 23 - 26 - Season VIII

Options
2»

Comments

• Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sorry Unreall... You were cruising up there and I needed to keep top 5 for that elusive last purple cover... So yeah, I queued you up and hit you...
    But it looks like I wasn't the only one I suppose.

My Laken gets to go to 166 now... So I won't do it again, I promise!
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Don't know what wrong with this tinykitty game.. But seems new MMR doesn't help, damn, it even gets worse!
    I desperately needed ANY LDaken covers (as any transition player). go to 600 and only 166/249 teams ahead. Unshielded to fight some of those monsters (with just 103 Lcap, 94 daken 78 IM40... yeah, that the best I could put against, but they do the job). 1 fight - ok, 2nd fight - I came out from the really hard fight for 24 points to see note that I was dropped for 47...
    As I hadn't any chance for top25 I left unshielded (what's the tinykitty I need to spend another 75 HP for top tinykitty 100 placement?).
    In just 30 mins I got dropped for 200 points! Mostly by those 166/249 tinykitty-holes (with maxed out LDaken of course). You probably are very proud of yourselves but when you will be selling for Iso LDaken covers that you don't need remember that you owe me and other transition players who were just trying to get ANY tinykitty cover of daken.
  • What the hell's wrong with the Matchmaking in this event??

Got to 300 points and all I'm being offered is 166's and this is after I've lost about 10-15 matches as well. I figured I must be in a tough bracket then and the top 10 will be around 600 or so but no......top 10 is 1000-1500!!! Don't think i'll be even close to top 100 this event
  • Solorized wrote:
    What the hell's wrong with the Matchmaking in this event??

Got to 300 points and all I'm being offered is 166's and this is after I've lost about 10-15 matches as well. I figured I must be in a tough bracket then and the top 10 will be around 600 or so but no......top 10 is 1000-1500!!! Don't think i'll be even close to top 100 this event

Are you in the "regular" time slice? That's gotten much more intense in its scoring, partially because all the people concerned about the top progression awards and season ranking are in it, and also because people who aren't like that are starting to abandon it.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Are you in the "regular" time slice? That's gotten much more intense in its scoring, partially because all the people concerned about the top progression awards and season ranking are in it, and also because people who aren't like that are starting to abandon it.

That'll probably explain it then. Just gone back online to find I'd been hit for 98 points as well. Currently 298 points and in #176. No chance now I reckon
  • Think you are in the same group as me then. I hit 166's at 400. Currently at 450 and my "easiest" opponent is 166 Mags and 200+ X-Force.

My guys are level 120.

So that will be me giving up on the Season reward then. Which is no biggie, but after several events where I am 650-ish, to suddenly find myself in a group of death, therefore rendering those previous events obsolete, is a bit silly.
  • Think you are in the same group as me then. I hit 166's at 400. Currently at 450 and my "easiest" opponent is 166 Mags and 200+ X-Force.

My guys are level 120.

So that will be me giving up on the Season reward then. Which is no biggie, but after several events where I am 650-ish, to suddenly find myself in a group of death, therefore rendering those previous events obsolete, is a bit silly.

I know what you mean Herman. I don't have the time to grind like that and there's no real point if i'll only be hitting 300-400 everytime now (when I was hitting 700 previously)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hahaha, tinykitty you, D3. I join my Heavy Metal bracket yesterday in position 499. The bracket leader already had 1700+ points. No big deal, says I--I can still make up most of that. Hours later they nerf Sentry. I'm fighting to crack top 25. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Solorized wrote:
    Think you are in the same group as me then. I hit 166's at 400. Currently at 450 and my "easiest" opponent is 166 Mags and 200+ X-Force.

My guys are level 120.

I know what you mean Herman. I don't have the time to grind like that and there's no real point if i'll only be hitting 300-400 everytime now (when I was hitting 700 previously)

I wouldn't mind it it was the same for everyone, but all the other Alliance members are putting up their usual scores. So I am screwing up my season (spread over numerous events), and theirs, due to a single event where I have randomly gone into an awful group. Kinda defies the logic of the developers wanting me to put sustained effort in over weeks.
  • Hmmm, top 10 are all over 1300 in my bracket. 1000 gets you top 25.

That's a bit more than I expected :/
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm clawing my way up to a RaidersOutlaw top5 for my first pink daken.

Praying ThePolarCow and crew will be kind and let me stay there IF I get there...
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't make any guarantees, but I think most of them are done.
  • nic13
    nic13 Posts: 87
    Options
    Raekwen wrote:
    I can't make any guarantees, but I think most of them are done.

Thanks... I'm not gonna make it though. #6 at 1389, and no matches to be found icon_e_sad.gif

0/5/3 daken. Fatal attraction indeed!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmm, top 10 are all over 1300 in my bracket. 1000 gets you top 25.

That's a bit more than I expected :/
    Biomarvel and Seshoma on top?
    Yeah there's about 25 heavy hitters in that bracket, most of us going for 1300.
    And I've never seen so much sniping in an event when there's people over 2000 available to hit.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    36th place with 667 pts. Should've gotten more points before shielding but had stuff to do. This is not my day for this game. Oh well, 2/1/2 Daken.