Heavy Metal - Nov 23 - 26 - Season VIII

Options
GTannen73
GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
I've never done this before, so bear with me if I don't get it right the first try. I had to choose the first time shard (or is it slice?) because the others all end either when I'm at work or getting ready for work.

Anyway:

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png
2-5. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png
6-10. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png
11-25. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png
26-50. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
51-100. 500 ISO, 25 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
101-200. 500 ISO, star.pngstar.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png
201-300. 250 ISO, star.pngstar.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 ISO
401-500. 70 ISO

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 ISO
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 ISO
300. Recruit Token - Heavy Metal
400. 25 HP
500. star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
600. 25 HP
700. 1000 ISO
800. 50 HP
900. Recruit Token - Heavy Metal
1000. 1000 ISO
1100. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png
1200. 1000 ISO
1300. icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 ISO, 250 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
3-10. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
11-25. 3000 ISO, 100 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
25-50. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
51-100. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png
101-250. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 500 ISO, 25 HP
501-1000. 500 ISO
1001-10000. 250 ISO

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! Fully covered Daken here I come. icon_e_smile.gif

This also makes me feel good because about three weeks ago I, for the first time, spent about 2500 hero points getting Daken from 3/5/2 to 5/5/2 - I thought to myself "well, if those two purple covers come along soon, I'll feel bad, otherwise totally worth it." Over the past three weeks I've been using him extensively, so I would definitely not have felt terrible if they gave out those purple covers now.

The fact that they're not (for all intents and purposes, I would need two and I can't make it to the top 5,) makes me feel even better. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'll be interested in seeing what the different time choices means for this one. I doubt most people - or at least as many people - will be picking the default.
  • thedude
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:

This also makes me feel good because about three weeks ago I, for the first time, spent about 2500 hero points getting Daken from 3/5/2 to 5/5/2 - I thought to myself "well, if those two purple covers come along soon, I'll feel bad, otherwise totally worth it." Over the past three weeks I've been using him extensively, so I would definitely not have felt terrible if they gave out those purple covers now.

The fact that they're not (for all intents and purposes, I would need two and I can't make it to the top 5,) makes me feel even better. icon_e_smile.gif

I did exactly the same thing, was considering buying the 3rd blue today but now I don't have to!
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Sigh. My LDaken has been sitting with one purple cover forever, and events that award him always turn into a bloodbath. Don't know if I want to bother trying for top 5 or not...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thedude wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

I did exactly the same thing, was considering buying the 3rd blue today but now I don't have to!

I wasn't going to - I have the top end of my Roster at 157 at present as I don't want PVE to scale too high. I'm creeping them up 2 levels at a time. Now Daken gets to join them!
  • Thank you very much for this.

They should tell us who we can win before we decide to enter in the PvP by choosing our end time.

Thanks to tell me it's Daken...icon_e_wink.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What end time are the X-Men/other heavy hitters picking?
  • What is your Heavy Metal end time?

Useful link for the event. Please add your own time as well to improve the data.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No X-Men posted in that thread so it doesn't help me.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    they change 2* cover drop rate after PvP match?

i get 8 in row , right now
  • dingao666 wrote:
    they change 2* cover drop rate after PvP match?

i get 8 in row , right now

Ditto. 9 straight 2 star drops for me.
  • So this bracketing thing may turn out really well for me. No one is over 800 pts in my bracket(at first I thought maybe the sentry nerf happened already icon_razz.gif but they could just be waiting),and I haven't been forced out of top 25 yet - but who knows, maybe the top guilds will infiltrate each time bracket and instead of winning one bracket they'll win them all now *shrug*
  • raisinbman wrote:
    So this bracketing thing may turn out really well for me. No one is over 800 pts in my bracket(at first I thought maybe the sentry nerf happened already icon_razz.gif but they could just be waiting),and I haven't been forced out of top 25 yet - but who knows, maybe the top guilds will infiltrate each time bracket and instead of winning one bracket they'll win them all now *shrug*

you are lucky! 800 points doesnt have a sit in top 10
  • #1 in my bracket is shielded around 900.

500 seems to be the magic number for getting pounded for me, so I'm sitting unshielded at 498 in hopes that I can come back having not wasted the HP and do a quick climb to 700 before jumping into PVE.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did my 'final' push at lunch because have commitments tonight before the 10pm finish, but I can certainly see the difference people were talking about. Leader in my bracket is at around 1k, I shielded up at a little over 800 in 9th, which is the highest 800 will have gotten me in seemingly forever.

I'll have time to hop once, and have a couple 27-30 targets that i'll have time to hop once, but usually I can find a 40-50 at this point. Either I just got a good bracket, or the slaves to routine all stayed in slice 4 despite the early afternoon EST time spot.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Monday-Wednesday PVP is the only one that I was considering choosing a time slot besides the standard, since that ends at noon for me while I'm at work. Unfortunately, the only other time that worked for me would have been today at 9 PM, and that was not gonna happen with PVE ending same night.
  • benben77 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    So this bracketing thing may turn out really well for me. No one is over 800 pts in my bracket(at first I thought maybe the sentry nerf happened already icon_razz.gif but they could just be waiting),and I haven't been forced out of top 25 yet - but who knows, maybe the top guilds will infiltrate each time bracket and instead of winning one bracket they'll win them all now *shrug*

you are lucky! 800 points doesnt have a sit in top 10

Maybe so, but considering I missed out on two PVP events due to the Lollipop debacle, maybe my MMR/season score has just adjusted to be (1000-1200) points lower than what it usually is icon_razz.gif
  • Ugh. So #1 I didn't realize the sentry nerf had taken place already, #2 I couldn't even hit 600 pts(but I did have some positive attacks) because my bracket toughened up. Don't even think I'll keep top 50. So while the leaders don't have as many points as they did before patch, I'm in the same rut...

#3 WHY THE EFF DOES EVERYONE HAVE LEVELED 3*IMs?!?!?!?!?!?!? I kept going into battles thinking their iron man was the loaner one when it wasn't XD
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Old old character that they used to hand out like jelly drops.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Aaaand, I ran out of time in my final push and finished 8th. Now my LDaken is at 1/5/4. In other words, still mostly useless. I'm never going to get that damn purple.