question for the vets and D3

Options
2»

Comments

• iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Although revenue figures are not released publicly the estimation from various sites that keeps track of F2Ps have MPQ as steadily increasing in revenue which almost certainly implies a growing database. Now everyone can lie about these things, but since everyone can lie about revenue figures that's why the relative scale still matters. Nobody besides WoW would dare to lie about having 10 million subs in MMORPG, so even if WoW's sub is all lies, they either still have a lot more people than anyone else or they're just really, really gutsy at lying.

That said I'm interested in why there seems to be relatively little content looking at the estimation for MPQ's revenue (I think it's pretty close to $10 million an year), though money have a tendency to vanish into the abyss when it comes to gaming development.

$10 mil? Really wow.. Where you hear the numbers? I hope this game keeps growing.. Love the crack game lol
  • iLL619 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Although revenue figures are not released publicly the estimation from various sites that keeps track of F2Ps have MPQ as steadily increasing in revenue which almost certainly implies a growing database. Now everyone can lie about these things, but since everyone can lie about revenue figures that's why the relative scale still matters. Nobody besides WoW would dare to lie about having 10 million subs in MMORPG, so even if WoW's sub is all lies, they either still have a lot more people than anyone else or they're just really, really gutsy at lying.

That said I'm interested in why there seems to be relatively little content looking at the estimation for MPQ's revenue (I think it's pretty close to $10 million an year), though money have a tendency to vanish into the abyss when it comes to gaming development.

$10 mil? Really wow.. Where you hear the numbers? I hope this game keeps growing.. Love the crack game lol

From this site: http://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/6 ... zle-quest/

Looks like it dropped off of top 50 recently but that number is still on track for at least $6 million a year. I remember seeing MPQ at $30K a day before. While I have no idea where this site gets its sources but I assume they're at least somewhat reliable.

Looking at Candy Crush Saga/Clash of Clan's revenue makes me lose faith in gaming, though.