Is it even possible to get a Hood Blue from a token?

Options
CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I mean, seriously, I'm on day 350 and still have yet to get a single blueflag.png for Hood.
I could never place high enough in the PVP's to get that cover because blueflag.png generally was always the Top 10 prize. And with the current meta, getting Top 10 without Hood is pretty tough (I'm still a transitioning 3*, but then aren't we all with a billion new characters).

Anyway, has anyone ever got a blue Hood to drop from a token? Just wondering.

Comments

• Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I pull a blue one from a Heroic token that dropped from the daily supply a few days ago. But I also start thinking be impossible icon_e_confused.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a blue token from a LR yesterday.

That was my first 3* token for 3 weeks of opening up normal and heroic tokens.... So I am just happy that it's a 3* token.
  • I got my third Hood blue from a token once. It spurred me to use HP to max it to 5 blue -- didn't regret it.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My hood has a 4/0/4 Build. Usefulness (I.e., blue covers) not found.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean, seriously, I'm on day 350 and still have yet to get a single blueflag.png for Hood.
    I could never place high enough in the PVP's to get that cover because blueflag.png generally was always the Top 10 prize. And with the current meta, getting Top 10 without Hood is pretty tough (I'm still a transitioning 3*, but then aren't we all with a billion new characters).

Good thing his blue power is so weak lol. Sorry to hear that, he can be a real game changer at 5 blue.

Here is to you scoring massive blue hoods in the future.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks those that responded. My Hood is 4/0/5 and still waiting on blue.
    I'm glad to hear that it's at least POSSIBLE to get a blue from a token pull.
    I did an insane thing last week and bought a 10-pack when Hood percent was boosted. Of course I got zero 3-star tokens of any kind from that 10-pack (though I got a 3* Blade from standard Silver token...so go figure).
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Came on here to rant but not about Hood. Its as good a post as any. Today from three seperate standard tokens I have pulled 3 GSBW. But not a single one was useful. Need her purple power and I pulled 2 green and a red. Arghhh.

Please devs switch covers to wildcards that can be used for any color.

Cap the roster spot costs at something reasonable.

Quit rotating covers and just make new categories of tokens (bronze and silver for standard, green and gold for heroic, redor blue for the event tokens. Please.)

/endrant
  • absolut821
    absolut821 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I got a blue Hood token once....once....
  • Possible, but not probable.

My hood was 5/0/3 before I got my 1st blue by finishing top 25 in PVP. That is also how I got my 2nd blue cover. In both cases I needed well over 800 points.

Good luck.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On a very rough calculation, there are 20 3* characters that can be pulled from tokens, so it's 60 possible covers. That's 1,66% chance of drawing a specific cover, after the low chance to get a gold.

Yes, you better check for event rewards and blow your guns there.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I got 3 from standard tokens (!!!!).

I ve been playing the game for more than a year so there were not that many 3* by then, and at that time (I was in the 2* territory) I thought that The Hood was more or less useless (they were the times were AWolverine and Thor dominated, and were better than any other 3* except Ragnarok). For a time it seemed that standard could only afford you Hoods in the super rare event of giving you a 3* icon_razz.gif

I ve been extremely lucky with the Hood I maxed blue very very fast (I am generally unlucky in this game, but with the Hood I was lucky).

But now tokens are a complete fraud. It is one of the worst things in this game. In the event were mystique was buffed I won 11 heroic tokens and ALL of them were 2*. They are just iso in disguise. NEVER BUY ONE, NEVER!!!!

PS: Wow, this post has made me remember the Uber Destroyer pre-nerf Ragnarok, he was the perfect killing machine. And the super team that were pre-nerf AWolverine and Thor.
  • I feel your pain as well - my Hood is at 3/0/3 and those were all from tokens...
    I don't put ISO in him and he only get used when he's featured/required.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guess I'm the odd man out, I got all 5 blue before getting a black or yellow.

Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket today.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes I pulled my first blue Hood from an event token a few weeks ago.
    Only have gotten 2 yellow since then taking my Hood to 3/1/0.
  • I was very lucky with Blue Hoods - at least2 and probably 3 from tokens. Purple Dakens and Red Magnetos on the other hand, those don't exist in token drops
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    once you buy 2-3 blue hoods and get them maxed out to 5 you will find Blue Hoods dropping like candy out of a piñata. Until then Blue hood is like the loch nes monster. Rumored to be out there but never confirmed.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    From a standard token just yesterday... took a screenshot to taunt my alliance mates and then sold it. :/

hood_blue.jpg
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Hood was blue-less for a long time. Was a relief to finally get it.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Hang on!
    I was in the same boat. I'm on day 303 and I had a 5/0/5 icon_hood.png for a very long time.
    Recently I managed to grab some blueflag.pngicon_hood.png in different events and I juste pulled my fifth blueflag.png cover from a standard token yesterday! icon_cool.gif

So I understand the frustration but I know that your luck will change and eventually you will have these 5 elusive covers.
    Fingers crossed icon_e_wink.gif
  • Day 324 and 5/0/5 hood. Hopefully next time he's given out it'll be blue for top 100. Past 2 times it was yellow one time and black the other.