Tips for someone getting back into the game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This hulk tourney has a black x-force at 1300. Even buying HP boosts and shielding proliferately, you should be able to reach that by spending under 2500 HP. Especially since you have a maxed hulk: use hulk to feed LT for your climbing team, and then once you start getting hit often around 1k or so, you can do 1-2 fight shield hops using patch's green to suicide into hulk's black
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Im guessing its too late, but if you happen to be in an incredibly easy bracket (due to being gone) you could steal #1 and pick up a green XF. Combine that with the black at 1300 in Hulk and youre golden! Or wait til the green is for #1 or 1300. Either way, it would be cheaper to pick that up than pay the 2500 HP.
  • Yea thanks for the tips guys. I did end up placing 1st in Webslinger pretty easily with my ~900 points. I actually could have gotten away with ~750 but I built a cushion because I was working when it ended.

Now I'm just short a black, not sure if I'm gonna go after the 1300 Hulk one or wait until it's a 1st place prize. Since I don't have a maxed Sentry, I am worried about how effectively I can shield hop (especially facing down maxed Hulk which can take a while). Do people typically 1 fight hop or try to sneak a few in?
  • Spoit
    Options
    Against a boosted hulk without sentry? Yeah, you're probably going to have to do 1 fight hops, once you break like 900-1k you should probably be able to find 40+ point fights if you skip enough though
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Yea thanks for the tips guys. I did end up placing 1st in Webslinger pretty easily with my ~900 points. I actually could have gotten away with ~750 but I built a cushion because I was working when it ended.

Now I'm just short a black, not sure if I'm gonna go after the 1300 Hulk one or wait until it's a 1st place prize. Since I don't have a maxed Sentry, I am worried about how effectively I can shield hop (especially facing down maxed Hulk which can take a while). Do people typically 1 fight hop or try to sneak a few in?

Usually people bomb 2-3 matches in a hop. That is dependent on the targets, you can skip around to get favorable ones, but also on your willingness to HP boost using the + to all. I get caught about 1 in 4 hops when using iso only boosts and attempting 2 matches.

Unfortunately, sans Sentry, XF black into XF green would have been the way to deal with max Hulks which you will see everywhere after the mid 500s. Even with Sentry people will have to be careful to finish him off with a bomb, so people might be tempted to wait an extra turn or more to let damage pile up on him, so this might be single match bombing. =(

I say go for it at the 1300. With the MMR tweaks (they have to be coming post test) and the nerf to Sentry/Hood I think we are going to see lower scores which means 1300 is less attainable, and you will start getting harder brackets so #1 will get harder as well. Get it now while you can (if you can).
  • Spoit
    Options
    Hulk/patch/ c.storm should let you hop reasonably quickish. You're going to get hammered with attacks as soon as people see you though
  • I came back a couple of days ago (after a 7 month break or so) and found myself sandboxed

Never cheated or used an exploit. Ever.

Support said they think the sandbox is warranted, gave no reasons, no idea why

This is depressing
  • So after playing this game for a bit, I think you all were right saying to stay away.

I forgot how annoying this game can be.

Just spent about 800HP trying to get 1st in the 4hor PVP for my 1st 4hor and final X-force blackflag.png

As I was coming out of my fight to cross 1300, I find my max Daken/X-force team was apparently beat by a lvl 70 storm and 170 Xforce.

I'm done.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    So after playing this game for a bit, I think you all were right saying to stay away.

I forgot how annoying this game can be.

Just spent about 800HP trying to get 1st in the 4hor PVP for my 1st 4hor and final X-force blackflag.png

As I was coming out of my fight to cross 1300, I find my max Daken/X-force team was apparently beat by a lvl 70 storm and 170 Xforce.

I'm done.

Seems that ur back in game, in "hardcore" mode.
    Actually with time slice implemented in pvp, u can get top 10 with 800-100 with with 1 shield or not shielding at all.
    Quoting from others "defense is pointless in this game", thx to boost n TU.
    Talking about bad beat, chasing rabbit on 1300 progression is "easier" than chasing on #1.
    I spent 2100HP shieldhopping in fresh cut (blade rewards, blue thor on #1) to claim my 1st power surge, and failed!
    Since i don't need any blade covers and spent and pissed,i decided to unshield on last 10 min and watch my self down from 1600 to 1300 (lol).

Wanna back in game,my tip is play it casually w/o alliance and expect less.