Preferred end times poll

2»

Comments

• I had the impression that the largest pool would be the preferred time because there'd be more targets to pick from, and brackets in smaller pools might make them ultra-competitive. I was thinking the original time would be the easiest to play in because of the larger amount of casual players, but truth be told I don't really know the technology levels of people around the world.
  • daibar wrote:
    I had the impression that the largest pool would be the preferred time because there'd be more targets to pick from, and brackets in smaller pools might make them ultra-competitive. I was thinking the original time would be the easiest to play in because of the larger amount of casual players, but truth be told I don't really know the technology levels of people around the world.

I suspect, depending on how you play, the busiest might help, but the least busy might also help. Busy ones will probably be easier to hit top progression awards; less busy might be easier to place high. It's like the start early/start late debate with PVEs - starting earlier makes it easier to hit progression awards, starting late makes it easier to place.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks to this poll from over a year ago, our time slices are changed for what seems to be the worst! I am pretty sure this poll was before time slices.

Are there any other old polls from years ago that we should worry about?
  • Actually this poll was made a little after time slices were implemented, and the east coasters were complaining that you had to stay up until 1AM to be competitive.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    I think the issue is the scope of the poll. It isn't an official poll so many may have just glossed over it. Not to take anything away from the spirit of the OP, but if D3 wanted our feedback, it should have been through an official channel (Hi-Fi put up a poll). Someone else brought up the fact that they are making a change that affects everyone based on 86 opinions in a poll that is nearing half a year old.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flare808 wrote:
    I think the issue is the scope of the poll. It isn't an official poll so many may have just glossed over it. Not to take anything away from the spirit of the OP, but if D3 wanted our feedback, it should have been through an official channel (Hi-Fi put up a poll). Someone else brought up the fact that they are making a change that affects everyone based on 86 opinions in a poll that is nearing half a year old.

Agreed, I stated this in a different discussion. It should had been an official poll from the developers, not something made over a year ago by a player whom might no longer be playing. I would had rather they just said "We decided to change around the time slices this season" than reference a year old post.