Preferred end times poll

Options
Hi-Fi is informally soliciting feedback on preferred end times, so I thought I'd formalize it a bit. Being an adult, working, US East Coaster, these current 1 AM EST end times are killing my sleep. Selfishly, I want to give some voice to those in my situation, since I haven't really seen that a change to the baseline is being considered. For others, I think it will provide good information for d3 to add to their other player metrics to consider what the best staggering of times is. Times are Eastern Standard. 1 vote apiece. Can't squeeze 24 choices in, so apologies for the gaps.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted 11 pm. If someone wants to shield for 3 hours that would be 8:00 and they can go out on Friday night. If someone wants to stay up durring the week to finish it is only 11:00 and that would allow people to still get enough sleep for work. I think midnight would work as well. PVP used to end at midnight EST and it worked out great for me. I think 1:00 AM EST is a little brutal for East coast players durring the week and on Sundays. 1:00 am EST favors west coast players who will have an end time of 10 pm. Staying up past midnight and then having to wake up for work sucks.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im afraid a lot of people wont realise all times are in EST.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:

I realized therefore I picked 5 PM (which makes 11 pm CET time - if I did the maths correctly)
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    As an east coaster who hits the hay at 10:00 due to work and young children who wake up at 5:00 NO MATTER WHAT, I picked 10:00. That way I can control may fate a little better, rather than having to shield for 3 hours, or simply hoping when it comes to PVE.

Yasuru
    Commander of the "Not In The Face" alliance
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UCT would been been a better listing IMO, i had no idea what EST is and UCT is known the world over.

I work rotating shifts so picked 11am EST as that is what would suit me most. No 2 fixed end times are ideal for everyone which is why I have always been an advocate of a shifting end time by have PvP having a 62 hour duration.
  • I picked 10 PM EST. It's late enough that I actually have time to play after work and dinner, particularly if the day drags into the evening, and early enough that if I'm out during the evening or have an early rise time the next day, I can shield before I go.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    UCT would been been a better listing IMO, i had no idea what EST is and UCT is known the world over.

Ironically, except the USA, where it's pretty much never used.

Picked 10 PM for the same reasons - usually go to bed around then, I"m never up at 1 am, etc. The sensible thing to do is probably pick how many slices they want and divide them evenly, though, and then poll us on on when those should be. I'd like 8 - one every 3 hours - but fewer could probably work.
  • turul wrote:

I tried to make it clear in the post and the poll, but I know some might not be familiar with it. 1 AM EST is the current ending time (except for midweek pvp) so people can use that as a reference to do the math.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I went with 3AM...but would have picked 2AM EST if it were an option. As a West Coast person, the 9pm PVE and 10PM PVP end times are rough. Im off work at 4pm, then head home for some time with family til about 8:30....my end of event play time is compressed, and in PVP is during a time when the zombie horde is alive and active.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I voted 11 pm. If someone wants to shield for 3 hours that would be 8:00 and they can go out on Friday night. If someone wants to stay up durring the week to finish it is only 11:00 and that would allow people to still get enough sleep for work. I think midnight would work as well. PVP used to end at midnight EST and it worked out great for me. I think 1:00 AM EST is a little brutal for East coast players durring the week and on Sundays. 1:00 am EST favors west coast players who will have an end time of 10 pm. Staying up past midnight and then having to wake up for work sucks.

This 100% covers my feelings.
  • Linkster79 wrote:

I work rotating shifts so picked 11am EST as that is what would suit me most. No 2 fixed end times are ideal for everyone which is why I have always been an advocate of a shifting end time by have PvP having a 62 hour duration.

What is UCT?
  • Ultimate Colossus Time!

Fastballs for everyone!

I said 11pm, because that's usually when I crash out, plus it gives me more time from when I get home.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i just wonder how this all works out with the American Daylight saving time thing. The current shift definitely put a hamper on my pVe ability lol Hopefully there will be a good enough spread in the time slots to benefit most folks, if not everyone.
  • 11pm would work best for me, translates to 5pm EST though.
  • Don't make it EST, UST, GMT or anything. Just ask people when they want events to finish and thanks to the new endtime selection feature (coming up in the Hulk PVP) it's up to the devs to make the prefered end time fit in with the local timezones in the main player regions (USA, Europe, East Asia).

Simples...

Otherwise your poll makes absolutely no sense without knowing where the people voting are from (e.g. I put 7am because I want events to finish around noon where I live)...
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I voted for 9PM EST. That way I can finish up and have 2 hours to regen health packs before hitting the PVP that inevitably ends on the same day
  • Bumping once for the opposite time crowd.
  • End times are pretty good to me out here in the PST. PvE ends at 9PM or 9AM, PvP 10PM or 10AM. It could be much worse. Alliance mate just signed off on the PvE with 5 hours to go because he lives in Europe. He's hoping to get top 50, but not holding his breath to do so. Still, I voted for 11 PM EST (8 PM here) because that would give me the best 2 hour window to end events in. If it was a shifted 12 hour AM/PM thing like we have now tho an 8 AM end would be terrible.

Variable end times to events is one way to go, with PvPs starting at different times so it's equally unfair to everyone, but I thought they were going with a "choose your own adventure" scenario where you opt in for an end time. Is that not going to be the case now?
  • Whatever time 10-11pm Australian eastern time works out to be.
  • OP is so smart. He made a poll to find out the least popular end time and use it for easier rewards. Gotcha you sneaky bastard!