Without Marvel's Brand

Options
2»

Comments

• areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I started playing this game because it was Puzzle Quest, not because it was Marvel. I like the Marvel characters but it's not why I'm here.
    I actually thought "Whoa, a new Puzzle Quest! AND IT'S MARVEL THEMED!! AND FREE!!!"

So really, it was all those things that helped. If they removed the marvel characters I think I'd be less excited about it overall, I guess. I like knowing the characters or learning about new ones and seeing how they play. It would be less of a draw if they brought out "Sarah Smith, the shape changer" or "David Fierce, the knife master, bub." in place of known characters.

I really like the fact that the devs, obviously being big Marvel fans, go for some pretty deep cuts in the character selection. Hence characters like Devil Dinosaur, Bag-Man (though OK, even I didn't bother leveling him), Yelena and Moonstone. This is part of why I still keep Moonstone around--I've been a fan of the character for a long time, plus I love original 70s red Ms. Marvel costume looks awesome.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was drawn by both the PQ tag and the fact that I love the Marvel universe. I don't read it much any more, but when I was growing up I was a hardcore Marvel zombie.

Unfortunately, this isn't a Puzzle Quest game in the slightest. It's a match 3 game with character abilities.
  • I'd never have started playing if it wasn't for Marvel!
  • It went like this:

1. Ooo, Puzzle Quest. I loved the first one, never played the second one, but whatever. And hey, it's free, might as well download.

2. OOO, it's got Marvel characters! That's cool! And it's the Dark Reign story line, I loved those comics!

3. Wha - there's only one series of quests. What's this PVP stuff? Can I just ignore it? This doesn't seem like the kind of game I -

*find a gold cover in a standard pack*

4. MY DOPAMINE RECEPTORS ARE GOING NUTS, OH MY GOD I MUST CHASE THIS DRAGON FOREVER
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was never a big Marvel or comic fan before the movies, but they are interesting.. and without the Marvel I wouldn't be here either.