Identity Theft - Nov 14-16

Options
2»

Comments

• Red Panda wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I've had a defensive loss for 1 point. Is my opponent really getting only 1 point for the victory?

If so, what the frell was the point in playing me? Surely there must have been better targets for more points.

If not, has there been a stealth change to the way points are won / lost?

A 1 point defense win means that you were probably worth 45-50 points for your attacker. I've targeted guys worth 1800 and lost and actually lost 0 points. If your score was around 500 then your attacker probably only had 25 points. Could be someone tanking.

Defensive loss, not win.
  • Using Shapeshift on a shapeshifted mystique will copy shapeshifted Mystique, teehee.
  • Finally an event where ppl aren't going crazy over prizes....over maybe they still will b/c of Season Thor reward.

Anyone else encountering super-powerful teamups?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I've had a defensive loss for 1 point. Is my opponent really getting only 1 point for the victory?

If so, what the frell was the point in playing me? Surely there must have been better targets for more points.

Some people don't appear to understand how the match point system works. That's my guess as to what's going on here.
    They really wanted that bonus 30 ISO for winning the match icon_lol.gif

Did you previously have a much higher score? One of my alliance mates had a similar thing happen and it was because he had lost a few hundred points between when he got queued and when he got hit.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Using Shapeshift on a shapeshifted mystique will copy shapeshifted Mystique, teehee.

Yep, I had that come up yesterday. Their :mystique: (does this work yet?) copies my icon_magneto.png . I copy their :mystique: who looked like icon_magneto.png (they didn't have him on their team), killed their :mystique: and had 2 icon_magneto.png of my own...to their none. Muah ha ha!
  • Shielding on 796 because I keep getting hit for more than I'm winning. Sucks, since I've never broken 800 before. So close!
  • j12601 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Using Shapeshift on a shapeshifted mystique will copy shapeshifted Mystique, teehee.

Yep, I had that come up yesterday. Their :mystique: (does this work yet?) copies my icon_magneto.png . I copy their :mystique: who looked like icon_magneto.png (they didn't have him on their team), killed their :mystique: and had 2 icon_magneto.png of my own...to their none. Muah ha ha!

I had a fight where there were 2 X Forces on each side (I copied their X Force and they copied mine). They need to release another character that can do this so we can have 6 X Forces or 6 Sentrys facing off.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Some people don't appear to understand how the match point system works. That's my guess as to what's going on here.

Did you previously have a much higher score? One of my alliance mates had a similar thing happen and it was because he had lost a few hundred points between when he got queued and when he got hit.

He may want to reset his opposite without paying 10 iso with least point to loss
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unloaded a truckload of green to down their Thor with Onslaught. Discover in utter shock that they have an Ares standing behind with my truckload of green.
    Big sigh of relief after realising its just shapeshifted Mystique..

Think this feature totally captured the essence of Mystique's power, changing appearance and confusing the opposition. Well done game designers
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

I'd lost a hundred or so overnight. This was a couple of hours after those losses.

I'm putting this down to some MMR shenanigans that we'll never get to the bottom of. And curse me for not noting date, time, opposition name, and all other things that would be helpful. I did check his roster, and it was chock-full of 166s. And who knows what goes through the minds of those guys. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Due to not having healthpacks I left a subpar defense team overnight, XF/LC instead of XF/cMags or XF/Deadpool. Cue a loss of 363 points or something like that icon_e_biggrin.gif I know that LC is weak on defense, no need to rub it in my face!