Needed: Official D3 rep

Options

Comments

• Maybe he's here and just afraid to speak up. After all, there are 120,000 500 man brackets of players waiting to yell at him. At least 60,000 players.
    If this was a math troll post, best one evah! If not, lol at bad math.
  • dmendro wrote:
    Maybe he's here and just afraid to speak up. After all, there are 120,000 500 man brackets of players waiting to yell at him. At least 60,000 players.

It refers to posts in one of threads about Shields yesterday. The poster was amazingly bad at the math and kept messing it up. I think it took 4 tries before he got it right. It was hilarious.
  • Well, we finally got some sort of communication! It's about a bug, but better than nothing.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1942
  • Its probably the only thing he's authorized to communicate
  • You couldn't pay me enough to be a community manager for a game.

I don't think they will be shelling out for a dedicated forum bod for a place with such a low volume either.

They could just learn to post patch notes and explain their features properly.
  • There are good reasons why developers don't post. They need someone from D3 marketing department to communicate, even if to moderate and can only read from a script.
  • abuelo wrote:
    You couldn't pay me enough to be a community manager for a game.

It's a tough job, no doubt, but I think it can also be very rewarding. I was nearly hired as a CM for a moderately large MMO a few years ago, but they ended up going a different direction. I have no idea what sort of income they have for this game, but find it hard to believe they would justify a paid position, unfortunately.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Its probably the only thing he's authorized to communicate
    Oh man, first you've got me picturing IceIX as some kind of forum-posting, information-spreading freedom fighter...
    Bugpop wrote:
    They need someone from D3 marketing department to communicate, even if to moderate and can only read from a script.
    ...and now he's the Jay Leno of the forums, reading carefully written jokes off of index cards to appease us.
  • Misguided wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    You couldn't pay me enough to be a community manager for a game.

It's a tough job, no doubt, but I think it can also be very rewarding. I was nearly hired as a CM for a moderately large MMO a few years ago, but they ended up going a different direction. I have no idea what sort of income they have for this game, but find it hard to believe they would justify a paid position, unfortunately.

Especially since this is the only game to have a forum. None of D3P's other games have a presence here. Still, managing a forum, a facebook, a twitter account, just for this game, could be worth a part-time position at least. Full time, if doing stuff for other games. Does make me wonder, if there isn't someone who's job is that, who is doing the posts to facebook and twitter? I haven't been following the 2, anyone know if they are very active?
  • Kyosokun wrote:

Especially since this is the only game to have a forum. None of D3P's other games have a presence here. Still, managing a forum, a facebook, a twitter account, just for this game, could be worth a part-time position at least. Full time, if doing stuff for other games. Does make me wonder, if there isn't someone who's job is that, who is doing the posts to facebook and twitter? I haven't been following the 2, anyone know if they are very active?

Here's the Facebook page for MPQ: https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest

Short answer: not really all that active.
  • Is there much difference between boston and cambridge? Demiurge is in cambridge. Massachusetts is small. I guess it doesn't matter.
  • NFHQ43 wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    Maybe he's here and just afraid to speak up. After all, there are 120,000 500 man brackets of players waiting to yell at him. At least 60,000 players.

It refers to posts in one of threads about Shields yesterday. The poster was amazingly bad at the math and kept messing it up. I think it took 4 tries before he got it right. It was hilarious.
    That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Is there much difference between boston and cambridge? Demiurge is in cambridge. Massachusetts is small. I guess it doesn't matter.

Cambridge is effectively surrounded by Boston. I'm sure actual residents would cry foul, point out how wrong I am, etc. but it's essentially like differentiating between different boroughs in NYC.

What? Residents of two cities are mad at me? Bring it.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Its probably the only thing he's authorized to communicate
    Oh man, first you've got me picturing IceIX as some kind of forum-posting, information-spreading freedom fighter...
    Bugpop wrote:
    They need someone from D3 marketing department to communicate, even if to moderate and can only read from a script.
    ...and now he's the Jay Leno of the forums, reading carefully written jokes off of index cards to appease us.

He himself said he can't comment on possible future content (something like that). The publisher does the marketing so I don't know that demiurge has any marketing. From a business point of view it makes more sense to have a marketing person coordinate with the playerbase. A developer would be paid too much to fill thay role, or at least unqualified (on paper).
  • Ranzera ragequitted around the time Ice disappeared. Coincidence or conspiracy?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    Is there much difference between boston and cambridge? Demiurge is in cambridge. Massachusetts is small. I guess it doesn't matter.

Cambridge is effectively surrounded by Boston. I'm sure actual residents would cry foul, point out how wrong I am, etc. but it's essentially like differentiating between different boroughs in NYC.

What? Residents of two cities are mad at me? Bring it.

Only those in the people's republic of Cambridge would get upset. Boston doesn't care. The actual literal city of Boston is pretty small, but really, pretty much anything inside the 95 loop is Boston for all reasonable purposes. So yeah, like the NYC boroughs.
  • Ranzera ragequitted around the time Ice disappeared. Coincidence or conspiracy?

The moment Lightning rounds stopped working (easy Iso-8), they had the buy one get one free Iso-8 deal before the new year. Coincidence or conspiracy?

On topic: Who's Ranzera?
  • Oversoul wrote:

On topic: Who's Ranzera?

He lives on in my sig file.
  • Oh, great. They patched the STEAM version with a fix for ANDROID.

Fantastic developers.
  • someguy321 wrote:
    Oh, great. They patched the STEAM version with a fix for ANDROID.

Fantastic developers.

I was hoping it would fix the keyboard support. But nope. Which is wonky since the support ticket i raised about keyboard support got "completed" but the completion message was:

Your request (xxx) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.

Hello!

We are aware of the following error being seen by some Android users: “Failed to load system file (Error 0) Please try reinstalling.”

We are actively working on an fix and it should be available very soon. Thank you for your patience.

Which isn't really related icon_e_sad.gif