Needed: Official D3 rep

Options
First off, let me be clear -- IceIX rocks. He's been a great resource for us players. I hope he continues to provide input here.

But it's time for there to be an official community liason, a job that he said he did not want.

Earlier the patch notes in the App Store(s) referred to this forum for patch information. After a few hours of that not happening the notes were updated to have the actual notes. And still no post here. In fact, we haven't had a post from any dev for several days now; IceIX hasn't posted in a week. There have been several commercial posts that haven't been removed, even though they were reported.

It's clear that D3 is trying to direct players here, and that's great, but it also means that they need to provide more feedback and interaction with players.

And IceIX... come back! We miss you!

Comments

• /agree

PS apparently you need at least 10 characters to post something, hopes this satisfies that...
  • I agree    
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    /agree

PS apparently you need at least 10 characters to post something, hopes this satisfies that...

[Alt] + 255 counts as a character icon_twisted.gif
  • I'm signing on to this...
  • I also think it would be awesome if there was an official D3 community liaison, although I understand that D3 might not necessarily be able to afford to have someone do that full time. That said, I'm willing to bet I may know someone who could do the job, although she lives on the east coast.
  • I'd appreciate it as well. I'm sure there's some college student that would love a gig like this, IMO.
  • I've suggested this through the feedback google doc, but I'll mention it again here - it would be helpful if there was a direct link to the forums from in-app. Since a lot of useful information isn't readily available in-app, this would help people easily find a place where they can get info.
  • Yep, a community manager is needed.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    I just mentioned this exact thing in another thread where people were asking for patch notes. So I am in total agreement with this thread.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Look I think we all understand you are busy but seriously the R45 patch was released 24 hours ago and one of you hasn't found the time to copy/paste what is on the Apple App store?
    I know IceIX doesn't want to do this so you really need to find someone who does want to do this on a regular basis. Holidays are over time to get back to work building a community that wants to spend money on your game.
  • Does ICEIX work for D3Publisher or Demiurge? IIRC, Demiurge is in Boston. Are they having snow/ice issues?
  • Man, if they are out of Boston, I'd totally apply for a part-time community manager position ;D. Boston's not too far, I could pop into the offices on occasion, do the rest of the job telecommuting... I could promise 20 hours of time on the forums during the week, minimum 2 hours per day. =D
  • I nominate Zathrus.
  • I nominate Zathrus.

Pretty sure my current job wouldn't like that.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Pretty sure my current job wouldn't like that.

Thats why I could only do part-time. Though, if the pay was right, I could do full-time. Join my GF in the Boston daily commute. That'd be interesting.
  • Glad you started with IceIX doing a good job. Still, they pushed a major patch without a post from any rep in the last six days (guessing Ice is still traveling). If they don't have someone capable of posting patch notes at the very least, then perhaps they should have held off on the update.
  • Maybe he's here and just afraid to speak up. After all, there are 120,000 500 man brackets of players waiting to yell at him. At least 60,000 players.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe he's here and just afraid to speak up. After all, there are 120,000 500 man brackets of players waiting to yell at him. At least 60,000 players.

Are you sure? I think there might even be more icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Maybe he's here and just afraid to speak up. After all, there are 120,000 500 man brackets of players waiting to yell at him. At least 60,000 players.

At the very least.
  • I also want better communication and WHY THE HELL THEY REMOVED KEYBOARD AND JOYSTICK SUPPORT