We need something to do!

Options
2»

Comments

• MikeHock wrote:

Here is my suggestion:
    Put down your mobile device or turn off your computer.

Step outside. Forget MPQ

Enjoy the day!

But the day-moon is so bright!
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Last night, I had to make a difficult choice: one more Storm cover or one more Mystique cover. I couldn't do both at once. PVE's are too fierce for breaks. And that was also the end of Season VII, so there was a lot going on.

Come 10pm, there was only one thing going on: Children of the Atom, prize: one of the oldest characters in the game, who's been featured rather a lot lately. So, nothing at all, really.

This morning, there's no story event, no lightning rounds, not even a SHIELD Simulator. Just the one event, with every player focused on it, looking to win a prize that's kind of old.

I mean, hey, it's great if you're looking for a Hood cover, but if you aren't, then the game is hibernating.

There should be something else to do in the meantime. I personally think that all the current story events should be rolled into the standard game, so that we can play them outside of event times.

And we need new story events. Like, tons of them.

Here is my suggestion:

Step outside. Forget MPQ

Enjoy the day!

You heard him, take the red pill.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    They need to pick a day (maybe April 1st) to have no events running and see what happens.
    They had that. It was called Server Outage Day.

And if we're unlucky enough, we'll get to celebrate it again this year.
  • That being said, some sort of additional persistent content would be cool, but still.
    Cue the pimping / necroing of my old crafting thread! Dropped boosts would be replaced with crafting materials, and then you could craft whichever boosts you use most often. No more getting +Crit% when you're already stuck at 30 of them. In this way, we get persistent content that gives us something to play when our heroes are all dead and have 3 hours to heal. I also really liked the flavor concept of getting special lab abilities for having brainy characters in your roster.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:

Here is my suggestion:

Step outside. Forget MPQ

Enjoy the day!

But the day-moon is so bright!

The day--star! It blindses us!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    That being said, some sort of additional persistent content would be cool, but still.
    Cue the pimping / necroing of my old crafting thread! Dropped boosts would be replaced with crafting materials, and then you could craft whichever boosts you use most often. No more getting +Crit% when you're already stuck at 30 of them. In this way, we get persistent content that gives us something to play when our heroes are all dead and have 3 hours to heal. I also really liked the flavor concept of getting special lab abilities for having brainy characters in your roster.

This would be soooooo--- good.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not the lack of things to do now that I have a problem with - in fact, I'm enjoying the break.

Others have mentioned it, and I'll echo their sentiments... but there was too much going on yesterday. Real Steel, Season VII, and the pve (a heroic pve at that) ending within an hour of each other was just the definition of sadism.
    I'd be fine having nothing to do on some days, but I can see how that's a problem as well. But having too much to do on certain days (such as yesterday) is also a problem.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    It's not the lack of things to do now that I have a problem with - in fact, I'm enjoying the break.

Others have mentioned it, and I'll echo their sentiments... but there was too much going on yesterday. Real Steel, Season VII, and the pve (a heroic pve at that) ending within an hour of each other was just the definition of sadism.
    I'd be fine having nothing to do on some days, but I can see how that's a problem as well. But having too much to do on certain days (such as yesterday) is also a problem.
    Yeah I agree with this. And for some reason they seem to always have pve ending the same time as the end of the season. The good ole hp suck. Anyway, I think they should revamp simulator to make it something less pvp-ish so that there isn't so much incentive to wait until the end to play it. Maybe just make all wins worth 30 or something, and all losses -10? Then just put a cap on scores so you can't just grind to the moon (say 2500 max). Maybe there's a way to make them worth 0 at that point so you could keep grinding ISO if you want, or keep adding to your score but only 2500 can go towards the season score. Seems like there's something they could do to spread out the playing a little more so people didn't feel like they need to wait until there's just a few days left so they can grind out the 50point matches up to 2000 or whatever they're shooting for.
  • Jetness
    Options
    Going through MPQ withdrawal . . .

I'm bored bored bored bored bored . . . .
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Climbed up to 900 in PvP just for something to do...

Going to sit unshielded so I can do it again tomorrow icon_lol.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Download another Marvel freemium game. I'm taking the free time to try to win Spider-Girl on the progression reward in Spider-Man Unlimited. :p
  • russreid91 wrote:
    Climbed up to 900 in PvP just for something to do...

Going to sit unshielded so I can do it again tomorrow icon_lol.gif

I was wondering if I'd do the same. But now I'm facing Deadpool/Hood/XForce all the time, when I was facing much easier teams while I was climbing. So I am hesitating to unshield now, as I get hit badly when I am.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is called "taking a break". If you cannot possibly withstanding it without going crazy, it may be worth considering the possibility that you are addicted (and not in the cutesy marketing misuse of the word way).