We need something to do!

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Last night, I had to make a difficult choice: one more Storm cover or one more Mystique cover. I couldn't do both at once. PVE's are too fierce for breaks. And that was also the end of Season VII, so there was a lot going on.

Come 10pm, there was only one thing going on: Children of the Atom, prize: one of the oldest characters in the game, who's been featured rather a lot lately. So, nothing at all, really.

This morning, there's no story event, no lightning rounds, not even a SHIELD Simulator. Just the one event, with every player focused on it, looking to win a prize that's kind of old.

I mean, hey, it's great if you're looking for a Hood cover, but if you aren't, then the game is hibernating.

There should be something else to do in the meantime. I personally think that all the current story events should be rolled into the standard game, so that we can play them outside of event times.

And we need new story events. Like, tons of them.

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is one of the reasons people have been calling for endless mode, and more recently, having a gauntlet available all the time (with likely worse rewards than the previous runs since it'd be available all the time and changing every 7 days or whatever). Either of these seem like great additions to the game, since even during the week there are often times where I don't want to jump into whatever events are currently going. It'd be great to have some longer running events that have purely progression based rewards that we can work on during downtime or any other time we want and not have to worry about winning as fast as possible.
  • Agreed. Especially if you're like me and jump into PVP events way late (hoping for a good bracket), it's rough when there's not much else going on.

Gauntlets should be mandatory for between seasons, I think. They'd do a good job of bridging the gap.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Come on guys, it's literally the morning after the day long grindfest that was seasons end. Give the devs at least like, a day to put up a new PvE before complaining about nothing to do icon_e_biggrin.gif. That being said, some sort of additional persistent content would be cool, but still.
  • You got PvP today and lr starts tomorrow. With exception of Sim, this is a regular week, just without stress and chance to avoid season burnout. Don't worry, in sure a hulk type PVE will start soon enough.... Lol... Although it would be funny if was supposed to be another heroic PVE today and they canceled it due to complaints.
  • Come on guys, it's literally the morning after the day long grindfest that was seasons end. Give the devs at least like, a day to put up a new PvE before complaining about nothing to do icon_e_biggrin.gif. That being said, some sort of additional persistent content would be cool, but still.

Seriously. icon_e_smile.gif

What's better than complaining that there is too much going on?

Complaining that there is too little going on.
  • Come on guys, it's literally the morning after the day long grindfest that was seasons end. Give the devs at least like, a day to put up a new PvE before complaining about nothing to do icon_e_biggrin.gif. That being said, some sort of additional persistent content would be cool, but still.

But that's why I'm saying this; we had a grindfest, and it just ended. Now, nothing. We're all primed and ready to go. It was nice to have a night's break, but we all just spend a weekend living for MPQ. It consumed all my free time, and I had to fit rounds in between bits of life. Once you start that, it's hard to stop.
  • They need to pick a day (maybe April 1st) to have no events running and see what happens.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Come on guys, it's literally the morning after the day long grindfest that was seasons end. Give the devs at least like, a day to put up a new PvE before complaining about nothing to do icon_e_biggrin.gif. That being said, some sort of additional persistent content would be cool, but still.

To be fair, I used to complain that there was too little going on, but thats back in the days where we had a new PvE every other week and entire weeks would be filled with just the singular PvP + Lightning rounds. To see people complain the morning after a PvE event ended about the lack of another PvE is quite the culture shock.

To be fair, I used to complain that there was too little going on, but thats back in the days where we had a new PvE every other week and entire weeks would be filled with just the singular PvP + Lightning rounds. To see people complain the morning after a PvE event ended about the lack of another PvE is quite the culture shock.

So YOU'RE the reason for constant PVE re-runs;)
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    They need to pick a day (maybe April 1st) to have no events running and see what happens.
    They had that. It was called Server Outage Day.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    They need to pick a day (maybe April 1st) to have no events running and see what happens.

Does Hallmark have a card for that?
  • HailMary wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Of course, it's Hallmark. You've never seen pet bereavement cards? You might have to draw in your own hamster (s) and tiny kitty(ies).
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    <Outside cover: cute sleeping hamster> Cover text: "Even hamsters need vacations."

<Inside cover: cat sitting calmly next to "sleeping" hamster> Inside text: "You should take one, too. Happy Server Outage Day."
  • HailMary wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    <Outside cover: cute sleeping hamster> Cover text: "Even hamsters need vacations."

<Inside cover: cat sitting calmly next to "sleeping" hamster> Inside text: "You should take one, too. Happy Server Outage Day."

I have a sudden urge to spend five bucks on that.
  • JustDan13
    Options
    How long is the typical 'break' between seasons? I haven't been playing long, and since I started, there's always been no shortage of different events at which to chuck Health Packs. Today's a bit of a surprise, just due to my inexperience, apparently. I thought there was ALWAYS something going on!
  • JustDan13 wrote:
    How long is the typical 'break' between seasons? I haven't been playing long, and since I started, there's always been no shortage of different events at which to chuck Health Packs. Today's a bit of a surprise, just due to my inexperience, apparently. I thought there was ALWAYS something going on!
    Usually about a week
  • JustDan13 wrote:

It'll either start this Friday or next Monday
  • Will there be a PVE event? Is it usually the Simulator between seasons?

May as well start Children of the Atom early and try this whole "tanking" thing, I guess.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Usually there's 36 hours between pves, so I would expect one starting tomorrow morning the same time the LRs start up. Also my expectations are that whatever the next pvp is will offer mystique rewards then he mystique pvp will start off season 8 starting Friday morning. Just speculation though, maybe we'll actually get a full week this time.
  • Last night, I had to make a difficult choice: one more Storm cover or one more Mystique cover. I couldn't do both at once. PVE's are too fierce for breaks. And that was also the end of Season VII, so there was a lot going on.

Come 10pm, there was only one thing going on: Children of the Atom, prize: one of the oldest characters in the game, who's been featured rather a lot lately. So, nothing at all, really.

This morning, there's no story event, no lightning rounds, not even a SHIELD Simulator. Just the one event, with every player focused on it, looking to win a prize that's kind of old.

I mean, hey, it's great if you're looking for a Hood cover, but if you aren't, then the game is hibernating.

There should be something else to do in the meantime. I personally think that all the current story events should be rolled into the standard game, so that we can play them outside of event times.

And we need new story events. Like, tons of them.

Here is my suggestion:
    Put down your mobile device or turn off your computer.

Step outside. Forget MPQ

Enjoy the day!