In Bracket of 'death' News

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    So does the forum think that extreme death brackets are about to be the new norm? The massive injection of HP is gonna allow a bunch of players the opportunity to buy covers/ health packs / slots. I suspect that there will now be ALOT more Sentry / hood / xforce . I mean honestly how many shields can you buy with 15000 HP?

LOL
  • Raekwen wrote:
    Someone post a ss of the top 10.
    Hey, Raekwen! I can see yer bum.

T9zbtSG.jpg

IG81 icon_eek.gif
  • Phumade wrote:
    So does the forum think that extreme death brackets are about to be the new norm? The massive injection of HP is gonna allow a bunch of players the opportunity to buy covers/ health packs / slots. I suspect that there will now be ALOT more Sentry / hood / xforce . I mean honestly how many shields can you buy with 15000 HP?

LOL

I think you are more likely to see 5 cover She-Thor about.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I had a busy day at work today, so I'm just kind of taking it easy. I'll get passed here soon.
  • Not by me, I'm shielded till the end. Good luck.
  • This is why I never play a pvp event just as it's launched because the most competitive people fill up the brackets first. Have fun guys lol hhaha u should've waited a couple of days lol
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    And here's where it ended up:
    fmOoHAO.png?1
    Davometer wrote:
    This is why I never play a pvp event just as it's launched because the most competitive people fill up the brackets first. Have fun guys lol hhaha u should've waited a couple of days lol
    Ah, the arrogance of idiots. What wonderful entertainment.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Davometer wrote:
    This is why I never play a pvp event just as it's launched because the most competitive people fill up the brackets first. Have fun guys lol hhaha u should've waited a couple of days lol

I was also in that death bracket (finished 14). We did wait to start. I don't know what you mean by "just as it was launched" because I remember waiting at least a few hours before I started in. This wasn't the bracket loaded with tankers hitting seed teams - it was a bracket that started in a time slot that isn't known for death brackets - that's why I like to start then.

Looks like all the monsters had the same idea this time.
  • I was in that death bracket as well. Got 1351 points for 24th place. Hope to never do that again. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to cry over the X-Force green I got.

TheLetterD
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Knyghtmare wrote:
    I was in that death bracket as well. Got 1351 points for 24th place. Hope to never do that again. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to cry over the X-Force green I got.

I was so curious, do you recall what wound up being required for top 25?

I had 1370 with about an hour to go and felt really insecure about being in 20th place with the tiny lead I had so I took 2 matches (and got some defensive points) to finish with 1466 and 14th place.

(13th place was just over 1500 for those who are curious)
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought mine was bad, with top 25 needing around 1.2k.

You guys really have the death bracket icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    atomzed wrote:

Hehe, yeah. A bunch of us were talking about bad brackets last night in group chat, and I was like "I GOT DIS."

I shieldhopped for T25. I feel dirty. icon_e_confused.gif

Also, thanks, wymtime, for the grats. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I started the Lthor tourny with ~3.5-4 hours to go and got into a fresh bracket. I ended up winning my bracket with 1381, but top 10 were all above 1200. That's pretty intense considering the bracket was started so late, lol.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I got just over 1300 (only wanted icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png ) and finished #6. Started at around 5:30pm EST yesterday (Friday)
  • BigOldBob
    BigOldBob Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Finished 26th with 1306 points and it was not the bracket which is posted here.

I started with ca. 1d14h left.

Must be the combination of a buffed lthor and end of the season
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

Hehe, yeah. A bunch of us were talking about bad brackets last night in group chat, and I was like "I GOT DIS."

I shieldhopped for T25. I feel dirty. icon_e_confused.gif
    You are not the only one. Top 25 were all very close and I didn't feel comfortable with my 19th position. So I hopped twice more than what I would normally would.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    I finished 2nd with 1608(sked was 1st with like almost 1900) and the rest of my top ten were over 1100, so yeah this one was pretty brutal for everyone.
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    HailMary wrote:
    Here ya go, from a few minutes ago:
    UjFXLmv.png?1

This was my bracket also and i am usually a top 15-25 player with 800-900 points. My roster does not quite stack up with the real vets so i am very happy with 2 covers. It ended up as 1500+ For top 10 and my 839 points just made it to #47 with a shield hop....which i had only done once before.....crazy!
  • SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Davometer wrote:

I did not join at the beginning and i still ended up here with my inferior roster.....are you saying i just was unlucky.....i hope so!

Congrats to all who scored up there though. A good amount of us who usually score well are quite jealous.