In Bracket of 'death' News

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Looks like 1300 will be required for top 25. . . . Is that a first?

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Aw ****, our bracket is that bad now?

I just saw 1444 for T10, and facepalmed. I didn't think even T25 was that brutal. icon_cry.gif
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HailMary,

I think you are in my bracket, I just posted that score to my alliance commenting that I needed to get into some better brackets because the ones I have had recently have been brutal.
  • yah. saw you in here. slowed a bit, #20 isn't at 1200 . . - yet
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    The extreme sharting is just wrong since all brackets compete for the same prizes. A good way to split brackets and have different (appropriate) rewards so needs to happen.
  • russreid91
    Options
    This is ridiculous, after getting hammered by the AI again and again and again, I managed to climb to 950 and had to shield. Sitting in 30th and I wished I had looked at the leaderboards before I did. 25th which is all I really wanted for the red Colossus cover is at 1164!!

I guess I could just go play PvE and get Headbutted instead icon_cry.gif

Something else that I found frustrating, I figured in this one the AI would use Thor's red instead of Sentry's Supernova, nope in back to back games the AI held onto it's red for 3 turns to get the last red AP in needed to cast Supernova. It also held onto it's green long enough to cast CoTS instead of WR as well. I guess when it knows its going to get those off screen red and green matches it can afford to hold onto them. (This is said completely tongue in cheek as I know the AI would never cheat).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi all I am in this bracket too 1259 in 21st place. I am hoping 1300 will be enough for top 25.
  • HailMary
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Hi all I am in this bracket too 1259 in 21st place. I am hoping 1300 will be enough for top 25.
    Jeezy chreezy. When someone cites 1300-for-T25 as what they hope would happen, you know the bracket's totally borked. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif
  • russreid91
    Options
    You just blew past me HailMary. 10th is now at 1466.

If you are going for top 25 all the best. I'm going to do another hop when my shield runs out and spend some quality time with my beer instead. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    Options
    russreid91 wrote:
    You just blew past me HailMary. 10th is now at 1466.

If you are going for top 25 all the best. I'm going to do another hop when my shield runs out and spend some quality time with my beer instead. icon_e_smile.gif
    Yep, just T25. 1298 gets me #22 for now. Needless to say, this feels ungood.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Someone post a ss of the top 10.
  • HailMary
    Options
    Here ya go, from a few minutes ago:
    UjFXLmv.png?1
  • russreid91
    Options
    1298 for 22nd is just unbelievable icon_e_surprised.gif

Are you in this bracket as well Raekwen? How many forumintes are in here? 10th is still at 1466.

This is as bad as the Blade event. I'm really hoping that this is because of a combination of factors. XForce green, Colossus (not a great character but one that most don't have covers for and would like them for the PvE) and season ending in a couple of day.

If this is truly going to be the new norm then it does not bode well for some of us.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No, that's not my bracket. I was just curious who was at the top, and if any of my alliance was in it.

Thank you HM.
  • HailMary
    Options
    This shouldn't be the norm, and I don't think XF G is a real factor. Colossus covers, end-of-Season rush, and **** HJuggs likely all play a part: a perfect storm of f---ery. icon_lol.gif

This was actually worse than my Blade-reward bracket, which I thought was intense, but understandable due to Blade.

P.S. - No problem, raekwen.
  • I really don't understand why we continue to have death brackets.
  • russreid91
    Options
    I don't either but this is really one of my first ones (I'm not counting Blade as I was willing to chalk that up to an anomaly) so I don't think that I can complain too much but wow they are not much fun.

Having a score that should be getting you into the top ten only just get you into the top 25 is pretty much the definition of unfun.
  • I'm in one like that too, I think it has to do with Thor being 15000 hp and a god of destruction on wheels. He goes farther on less healthpack.png thus more score. Plus Colossus rewards make for high as hell scores. I expect it to calm down a bit for the last event of Season VII.
  • Totally hating this bracket
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thee in the towel. I got my x-force then got smacked for 80 points. Hail Mary good luck keeping 25th place.
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey cool - I'm in this bracket too... oh wait. Not cool. Not cool at all.

EDIT: so I just looked and... everyone in the top10 needs Colossus covers. Everyone except me (I have 13 covers, albeit not a perfect build, but still very serviceable) so this is for reals then? Makes me out to be kinda jerky.