Changes in rank rewards

Options

Comments

• Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you're asking top end players who don't need the covers to not play so others can have them, that will never happen. Between Alliance rankings, Season rankings, and the fact that scoring well is why we even play this game, you won't see people sitting out events.

That being said, I've let others get #1 ahead of me because they needed the 4* cover and I didn't.
  • Raekwen wrote:
    If you're asking top end players who don't need the covers to not play so others can have them, that will never happen. Between Alliance rankings, Season rankings, and the fact that scoring well is why we even play this game, you won't see people sitting out events.

That being said, I've let others get #1 ahead of me because they needed the 4* cover and I didn't.

they are not fight for rewards but glory. #1!
  • benben77 wrote:
    Raekwen wrote:

As long as characters like 4* Thor are given away as a Season alliance reward, I can't see anyone who has even the smallest chance of Top 100 screwing over their alliance just so someone else can have a 3*. Sucks to say, but it is the truth.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    benben77 wrote:

1 I want to know which top 100 alliance accept new member. give me names and i will serach them out. I m a daily player

2 2* is same as 1* at past because eveybody is 166 i m stuck in 94 roster with 4 black parter , 3 grey black widow , 2 thor , 4 dead pool , 7 captain america ( server bug give me extra 3 cap cover) 2 sentry, 2 she hulk 2 hulk 1 I40 1 ....and get beat out from top 100 to get any 3* ( dont forget top 100 ony give you 1 weakest power) how to progess ? i know you get all 166 lv and speak loud becuase you are fighting top 50 ....

3 The problem is too MANY 3 * cover ! How can you get 10 for a 3* to fucntion well? by luck?

4 The game is not totally broken but is much more boken than enjoyable

I admin 2* team is fun, Daken + Ares , Storm + Magneto ( now) , Thor + BWO , bulleye + whoever but not enough to stand with full 166 roster

Ben, what is your expectation of the game? If you want to be able to get a max 3*, within 2 months, without spending a single cent... then this game is not for you.

Imho, this game is meant to be a marathon. Actually more than a marathon, since there's no end in sight. Yo I take the tokens as it is, continue as best as your 2* roster can take you, and enjoy the game.

I have friends who can get into top 50 to 100 (individual ranking) with the right timing and right shielding, with only 2* roster. It's tough and there's a lot of meta knowledge involved. But it's doable.

If you can't get into top 100, then settle for some thing less. Earn the hp, and saved it for cover upgrades. Like phantron suggested, it's a slow and steady progress. Expect a few months worth of effort.

But as I said in the first para, if you don't find this long journey enjoyable, you may want to put it down and be a casual casual player.

I think the game is very interesting before i max out 2 star characters. Interesting is that all 2* roster is useable even only 2, 3 cover. They still function well with those maxed 1* cover. Usable in progess ! Evey card keep recovery! I have planned what can i achieve. Get the normal token in PVP and hope to rush to get hero one ( 300 point) . Top 100 is not my target at that time. PVE is another story.

However when i start to max out my 2* cover i found my 3* roster is useless without numbers of covers! There are no control on how to get such cover! No matter PVE or PVP only the first team ( buffed team in PVE) is busy! the other roster is sit there and wasted! What i do is wait for the first team to recovery and nothing the second team can do.

I know it is a long way to go, but i cant see whats going on there is a big problem. My roster
  • benben77 wrote:
    Raekwen wrote:

As long as characters like 4* Thor are given away as a Season alliance reward, I can't see anyone who has even the smallest chance of Top 100 screwing over their alliance just so someone else can have a 3*. Sucks to say, but it is the truth.
    It's too bad that people have to be so selfish, or glorified. I'm glad I play with a good group of guys. If I knew I could crush every event, it would make the game so boring that I would stop playing.
  • Raekwen
    Options
    So your suggestion is to not play a game we enjoy so it won't be boring? Something seems a little off here..

If you think that playing a game you enjoy, have invested a lot of time and in some cases money in, to the best of your ability means you're selfish and glorified then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Raekwen wrote:
    So your suggestion is to not play a game we enjoy so it won't be boring? Something seems a little off here..

If you think that playing a game you enjoy, have invested a lot of time and in some cases money in, to the best of your ability means you're selfish and glorified then I don't know what to tell you.
    My suggestion is to not play events where you don't need the rewards, so that other players who do need the rewards have a better chance of actually getting them.

Additionally, playing an event that you don't need rewards, simply so you can be first is playing for glory, which is selfish. I am also saying that playing an event that I know I can win is boring, especially if there are no worth while rewards for me to obtain.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    benben77 wrote:

I think the game is very interesting before i max out 2 star characters. Interesting is that all 2* roster is useable even only 2, 3 cover. They still function well with those maxed 1* cover. Usable in progess ! Evey card keep recovery! I have planned what can i achieve. Get the normal token in PVP and hope to rush to get hero one ( 300 point) . Top 100 is not my target at that time. PVE is another story.

However when i start to max out my 2* cover i found my 3* roster is useless without numbers of covers! There are no control on how to get such cover! No matter PVE or PVP only the first team ( buffed team in PVE) is busy! the other roster is sit there and wasted! What i do is wait for the first team to recovery and nothing the second team can do.

You just described the transition between 1* to 2*. It's very fast, and the pace is gradual, so you feel like you always learning always got things to do. That is the basic premise of the game. Which I think is solid and fun.

HOWEVER, the scalability of this core mechanics is very poor. D3 cannot give us the same progression in 1* for 2*. Because we will run out of things to do. Maxing the characters are the *only* goal, which is broken down into 1) get more covers and 2) getting more iso.

If right now, I pass you a maxed account, you will feel great... for 3s. And when you realise that you no longer have anything to look forward to, be it events or grinding, then it will just be boring boring stuff.

So I come back to the original point, what is your expectation for the game? Drop the idea that you will progress at the same rate as when you were in 1*. Because the game can't allow you to do that, not unless they have suddenly a smooth tier of 1* to 10*.

The game has to fundamentally change, and that's impossibly difficult in the next year or so.

So far, d3 has shown me that they are aware of the problems of their gaming model. Hence some tough decisions were made, including true healing, level rescaling.... I haven't give up on them yet. The litmus test for me is the new event mode they have promised. To me, that would be make or break.

If it breaks, well, I would just enjoy the game for it's match 3 and not be too worried about character acquisitions.
  • Raekwen
    Options
    das boot wrote:
    Raekwen wrote:

My suggestion is to not play events where you don't need the rewards, so that other players who do need the rewards have a better chance of actually getting them.

Additionally, playing an event that you don't need rewards, simply so you can be first is playing for glory, which is selfish. I am also saying that playing an event that I know I can win is boring, especially if there are no worth while rewards for me to obtain.

Do you not get the concept of alliance and season rankings? There is a bigger picture here.
  • Raekwen wrote:
    das boot wrote:
    Raekwen wrote:

Do you not get the concept of alliance and season rankings? There is a bigger picture here.
    I have been playing in a 20 man alliance for quite a long time now, and we have never done better than top 500. I've personally never done better than top 500 in seasonal events individually either. Those rewards are mute, because for many of us, they are not obtainable. I'm also not going to spend all of my free time grinding out every single event, whether I need the rewards or not, just so I might be able to break into the next bracket of prizes. This is a game, not a lifestyle.
  • atomzed wrote:
    benben77 wrote:

You just described the transition between 1* to 2*. It's very fast, and the pace is gradual, so you feel like you always learning always got things to do. That is the basic premise of the game. Which I think is solid and fun.

HOWEVER, the scalability of this core mechanics is very poor. D3 cannot give us the same progression in 1* for 2*. Because we will run out of things to do. Maxing the characters are the *only* goal, which is broken down into 1) get more covers and 2) getting more iso.

If right now, I pass you a maxed account, you will feel great... for 3s. And when you realise that you no longer have anything to look forward to, be it events or grinding, then it will just be boring boring stuff.

So I come back to the original point, what is your expectation for the game? Drop the idea that you will progress at the same rate as when you were in 1*. Because the game can't allow you to do that, not unless they have suddenly a smooth tier of 1* to 10*.

The game has to fundamentally change, and that's impossibly difficult in the next year or so.

So far, d3 has shown me that they are aware of the problems of their gaming model. Hence some tough decisions were made, including true healing, level rescaling.... I haven't give up on them yet. The litmus test for me is the new event mode they have promised. To me, that would be make or break.

If it breaks, well, I would just enjoy the game for it's match 3 and not be too worried about character acquisitions.

It is not about " end game" it is above "progessing" to end game. I dont think i can get everything and quiet becuase i dont know what i can have! everything RNG! everytime i get the 3* drop i think of Lthor , sentry, deadpool , HULK , BP, but it always give me a new guy....

Much worst is that the power level between 3* have big different. I m much more happy to see LThor than BWG. Further NO 94 can stand with 166....which must 1 day gamer already be....

I dont think newbie will join the game in current state....
  • Raekwen
    Options
    das boot wrote:
    I have been playing in a 20 man alliance for quite a long time now, and we have never done better than top 500. I've personally never done better than top 500 in seasonal events individually either. Those rewards are mute, because for many of us, they are not obtainable. I'm also not going to spend all of my free time grinding out every single event, whether I need the rewards or not, just so I might be able to break into the next bracket of prizes. This is a game, not a lifestyle.

And you are exactly the type of player I'm referring to. You want to play casually, and don't want to put the time and effort that the rest of us have. That's your choice, but don't expect the rest of us to give way to you so your game can be easier. Sorry, life doesn't work that way. You should ask your boss at work, if you have one, if he'll give you a raise... but you don't want to work hard for it, you just want the other employees to give you their raises instead. Let me know how that goes.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Raekwen wrote:
    das boot wrote:

And you are exactly the type of player I'm referring to. You want to play casually, and don't want to put the time and effort that the rest of us have. That's your choice, but don't expect the rest of us to give way to you so your game can be easier. Sorry, life doesn't work that way. You should ask your boss at work, if you have one, if he'll give you a raise... but you don't want to work hard for it, you just want the other employees to give you their raises instead. Let me know how that goes.

I play everyday , top 20 in the ( blade PVE event get 2 covers) top 10 in ( Cap steve roger PVE event get 3 cover ) and i face the same problem as he is . it is not matter or work hard, It is matter of control! when you hit the wall you cant pass it no matter how hard you are!
  • Raekwen
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Then it sounds like you're getting rewards, you're just not happy at how long it's going to take?
    mar·a·thon
    ˈmerəˌTHän/
    noun
    noun: marathon; plural noun: marathons

a long-distance running race, strictly one of 26 miles and 385 yards (42.195 km).
    a long-lasting or difficult task or operation of a specified kind.
    "the last leg of an interview marathon that began this summer"

Origin

If it was impossible, how did the rest of us get past it? Your entire argument can be overridden with the simple fact that there are more and more teams scoring higher recently. They are doing it, and in the current game structure. Considering some of your responses, I'm going to have to assume the problem is you, not the game.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Raekwen wrote:
    Then it sounds like you're getting rewards, you're just not happy at how long it's going to take?
    mar·a·thon
    ˈmerəˌTHän/
    noun
    noun: marathon; plural noun: marathons

a long-distance running race, strictly one of 26 miles and 385 yards (42.195 km).
    a long-lasting or difficult task or operation of a specified kind.
    "the last leg of an interview marathon that began this summer"

Origin

If it was impossible, how did the rest of us get past it?

becuase you start much faster than us ( how many 3 star and 4 star in day 1. PVP top 50 is not yet dominate by 166 . This game will not last long as lesser and lesser newbie come. I dont think who will join if they know they never catch up old gamers in day 1.

Game is long last as it is easy to join , easy to catch up and win the prize with " skill" not reserve
  • Raekwen
    Options
    lol, what are you basing your theory that there are less newer players on? As far as I can tell, and judging by the downloads, it's quite the opposite.
  • Raekwen wrote:
    lol, what are you basing your theory that there are less newer players on? As far as I can tell, and judging by the downloads, it's quite the opposite.

well i can tell judging by downloads is nothing becuase the newbie download, play shot time, boring and leave, easy answer. it is a free start game. So many people have tons of free apps/ game/ what ever else but just doesnt play/ use it
  • Raekwen
    Options
    You didn't answer the question. You again stated something that you have no factual information to back you up.
  • Raekwen wrote:
    You didn't answer the question. You again stated something that you have no factual information to back you up.

It is a game life cycle , every game is the same. If MPQ is a 3 three month game. I m not sure what stage it is , but it is an over year game.

Those max out leave, those newbie download check and leave.
  • Raekwen wrote:
    das boot wrote:

To expand on this.

With your own words, you say you don't want to put in the effort that other people do. I realize that this is a game, but nowhere in the world would you succeed at anything with that attitude. This doesn't mean that you are failing in some way, it only means that the time you would have to invest is not worth it for this game.

But to others it is different. Some people want to play every event as hard as they can. Just like some people want to study harder than me or hit the gym more than me. If I say "I am not going to spend all of my free time working out and studying", then what right do I have to complain that the other guy is smarter and stronger than me?

Now, the next issue. I realize that the 2* - 3* transition is long. Whether it is longer now than before, I wont address. I don't have the experience of starting a new game. What I can say is that MPQ has always been about the long haul. I believe that the main issue with alot of people is not the time it takes people to get to 3* land, but that the amount of time is not "normal". Meaning that most games have little dead space between one adventure or the next. You beat this level? Here is the next level! You earned 100 coins and bought a Water Hose? Instantly, you see your pumpkins are growing faster. You opened a pack of TCG cards and pulled the Ultra-Rare "Death Dealer of Ultimate Death" card? Awesome, put it into your deck and lets go!

That's not how MPQ is. For anyone outside of the top 100, getting a 3* cover that gets you one tiny step closer is difficult to come by. But that also make it that much sweeter when it happens. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to opening a token. That magic is gone for me. So like it has been mentioned before, if you want instant gratification, then this is not the game for you. And that's not your fault, or my fault, or anyone's fault. It's just the way the game is. At least until they finally get around to fixing it.

One last thing. This concerns the Top 100. For whatever reason, they are the best of the best. They have earned the right to stomp everyone in their way. Just like in an MMO with PvP, it doesn't matter who you are. If you are in the way of a Top Dog in the middle of a quest, prepare for respawn. Did they only get to be Top Dog because they started the game earlier? Or because they put the hours and/or cash in? Both, but every game has a Top Dog. They are what makes gamers keep plugging along. Because one day, I want to be a Top Dog too.

Don't ask the Top Dogs to step out of your way and let you have the prize. That is ridiculous. Instead, ask the Designers to put in game modes where you can progress at a consistent pace that doesn't punish people just because they are stronger than you. If you really want fairness, that is.