Heroic Venom and Combined Arms prizes awarded again

Options
MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
Just got my prizes for Heroic Venom and Combined Arms again. Anyone else?
Will they recall these or just let it pass? I'm going to wait to spend any of it until we know what's going on. I don't want to get sandboxed for it.

Comments

• Happened to me and another member of my alliance. Seems widespread.
  • Kiera13
    Kiera13 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just happened to me too. I'm glad I'm not the only confused person here.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Me too. This might have been the (unintended) solution to providing rewards for people who didn't recieve them the first time.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Happened here too. Would be nice to keep fury and another 3 cap covers....
  • Just got the prizes too =)
  • Just got the prizes too =)
  • I only got my Combined Arms reward, and a few people in my Alliance got one or the other as well.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Likewise. I received an award for getting in the top 25 of Combined Arms (two Rags Covers, Iso, and I think HP but I might not have actually gotten that.)

I think I would have noticed if I didn't get those two weeks ago, but it is possible I didn't. I do recall it being delayed, but I think it came several hours later.

Edit - but nothing for Heroic: Venom
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got both. A very nice surprise to wake up to, if I may say so.

(Please don't sandbox me)
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why would they sandbox you for receiving benefits from their mistakes? I suppose if it was a material thing, like the bank giving you extra money, you're obligated to give it back, but Lazy Cap and Ragnarok covers? It seems like it would be best to just consider it a little present to all the many players who played so hard during anniversary week. That's what I'd do if I was in management. It's not like anybody got 1000's of HP, right?
  • thbrown81
    thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Uh oh. I claimed the rewards. What is going to happen to me?
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Square wrote:
    Why would they sandbox you for receiving benefits from their mistakes? I suppose if it was a material thing, like the bank giving you extra money, you're obligated to give it back, but Lazy Cap and Ragnarok covers? It seems like it would be best to just consider it a little present to all the many players who played so hard during anniversary week. That's what I'd do if I was in management. It's not like anybody got 1000's of HP, right?

I saw a horror story on here once where a guy complained of being sandboxed for cashing in prizes he didn't earn, though that seemed to be a singular glitch. Not to spread fear but I didn't want to take chances. I'm guessing they won't do that since it seems so widespread and regular players who don't know will have cashed them in, and maybe spent it.
    I claimed these because you can't do anything else but I didn't cash in covers or spend stuff. Hopefully nothing will happen. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    don't know about everyone else but I've finally received my due Rags from Combined Arms today. Quite long delivery icon_twisted.gif
  • thbrown81
    thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok, more specifically, what is sand boxing?
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ...What!? That was a move by Fury to see if we are loyal!?
    icon_lol.gif Now seriously I just cash in, this may get me in trouble!?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nefesh wrote:
    don't know about everyone else but I've finally received my due Rags from Combined Arms today. Quite long delivery icon_twisted.gif
    I'm fairly sure they delivered those. They were delayed a long time, I believe it as 5 or 6 hours, but they did deliver them. My Rags is 2/2, I'm pretty sure he was 1/0 before Combined Arms.

I'm making a good faith effort to contact them about this - the bugs form is frequented by D3 Forum contacts at least, and we'll see. I didn't cash in on the covers yet - most likely they will let them stand as taking them back is worse than mistakenly giving them out in the first place.
    thbrown81 wrote:
    Ok, more specifically, what is sand boxing?

Sandboxing is where they basically remove you from competitive play - you end up in a "sand box" all by yourself. I'm not sure exactly how it works, really, but you definitely stop receiving alliance rewards. They do this to suspected cheaters.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got my Venom Heroic rewards again too. I didn't play in Combined Arms (didn't have any 1* or 2*'s to use and was locked out).
  • I got my Combined Arms rewards again over night, but not the Venom Heroic. Some of my alliance teammates, got the Venom Heroic rewards though. Shame this bug didn't happen with an event offering covers I need, but certainly can't complain about free Iso and HP.
  • Just received combined arms rewards too, but not the venom one yet icon_e_surprised.gif
  • I got solo rewards for Combined Arms but I can't remember if I hadn't gotten those already when the event was run the last time. I haven't claimed my blackflag.pngicon_moonstone.png yet but the Iso-8 goes through by itself and I'm gonna sell that cover soon as well. Like in a few hours. I doubt they would sandbox people for it since if it is a mistake, it is too widespread.

It would be nice if Hi-Fi chimed in on this.