Real McCoy - Oct 29-31 - Season VII

Options
GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
Since noone else has done this and I dropped into the event to keep my tablet from sleeping, I guess it is up to me. As they implied, the reward character is Captain Marvel:

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, icon_ares.pnggreenflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, icon_ares.pnggreenflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 iso8.png
300. Recruit Token - Real McCoy
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Recruit Token - Real McCoy
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_beast.pngblueflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

No Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) I notice - I suppose they're going to keep a lid on her for a week or two. Next up - Captain Marvel awarding Blade!

Comments

• I actually want some marvels, here is hoping this tourney is as calm as the last one.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually want some marvels, here is hoping this tourney is as calm as the last one.

Me too!! I'm at 2/3/3 with icon_caroldanvers.png currently. Last event I got a top 10 for an 807 score! Hells yeah! Normal scores!!! Granted 1st still had like 2000, but at least the rest of the bracket was reasonable.
  • I actually want some marvels, here is hoping this tourney is as calm as the last one.

I wouldn't count on that. Beast is close to useless, so no one really cares for him, add on to that Falcons on both sides that slow down all the fights with animations alone, and you had the most skippable event in recent memory. If the season rewards were for IW or Devil Dino Purple, you probably would have seen even lower scores.

Captain Marvel is a good character, so competition will be stronger. Just make sure you bring a character with a real blue power, as there will be free blue matches thanks to the Ai actually possibly actually using Beast's blue power in this one.
  • beast has to be the worst 3star, I almost always use the 3* i have on my roster but i see no reason to use that over the loaner for this event, i dont want any of his powers to go off over sentry
  • I think the reason nobody was creating this thread was that they were hoping they could deny its existence.
  • what fun.. useless 3*, gives us an awesome 3*. I want to push myself to get at least one or two of her colors. So far i have 2/1/0 on her.
  • I could use the yellow and black on her, so I'm hoping for a soft tourney. Long hours at work tomorrow and Halloween Friday means I'm not going to have much time to play.
  • ****? Blue beast cover for 1100 reward? **** ever happen to cover rotation.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Justdangit wrote:
    ****? Blue beast cover for 1100 reward? **** ever happen to cover rotation.

That is strange, isn't it? Generally it is the highest level cover (the one you get only if you get all three.)

Not that I've ever hit that high anyway...
  • So far so good for me coming back strong. I believe I can rank high if i can score where i normally score in PvP

Right now I'm right above 300 points. If i keep this up until Friday, I think I can score to get the captain marvel covers I want icon_e_smile.gif she might be my best *3 next to Human Torch, If i can survive this!
  • black_mantra
    black_mantra Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ..hoping for my first Marvel cover ..but then work gets in the way ..oh, well crossfingers

icon_e_geek.gif
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ..hoping for my first Marvel cover ..but then work gets in the way ..oh, well crossfingers

icon_e_geek.gif

You are in Luck! There is an Additional Black Marvel cover in the new Gauntlet PvE that opened today.

Granted it IS on the 3rd/Hardest path... icon_e_confused.gif

but at least you can do it on your own time, and not have to worry about the score placement issues/timing of a PvP...

Good luck!
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think LoreNYC and I are MMR buddies. I see you in the same PvP bracket as me very frequently.
  • One more day and I'm still in the top ranks. I have enough HP to shield cause I'm going to a Halloween party tonight. Might as well do as much as I can and finish things off then shield
  • Crested 1300 and shielded. see you all in the next one.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't reach higher than 600 again. 500 -> 600 consisted of carefully trying to find the odd suitable match in a sea of 166s. Now at 600 I get blocked off by fully built 4* 270s. Great; just great. icon_mad.gif

And why the hell is it that I keep getting bracketed with 166s everywhere? Hardly fair, as they'll have a much easier time progressing after the 166 wall at 500-600, meaning it becomes that much harder for any non-maxed out player to wrestle in for a cover in that same bracket.

Demiurge should step up to the plate and fix their MMR, bracketing and sharding algorithms, because this is complete and utter ****...
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really don't understand how their MMR works. Im in a bracket now that the top 10 ppl are sitting at over 1300 points and their rosters are filled with 166 and a few 270s. I have a maxed Patch and a bunch of middling 3*s and maxed out 2*s. How are you supposed to progress with this being the case?
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    And why the hell is it that I keep getting bracketed with 166s everywhere? Hardly fair, as they'll have a much easier time progressing after the 166 wall at 500-600, meaning it becomes that much harder for any non-maxed out player to wrestle in for a cover in that same bracket.

To play devil's advocate here, why shouldn't you get put into the same bracket as people with 166s? You're fighting for the same rewards as them. You're looking to score more points than the majority of 500 people who joined at roughly the same time as you (brackets still seem to fill in about 20 minutes, even with the sharding system in place). Aside from the very early game (it's been shown that newer players do often get brackets for a while where scores below what you have will get them 1st, but then after a few of those, they get sharded off into the big leagues), we're all fighting for the same rewards in PvP. You score better than 499 other players who started about the same time as you, and you get the best prizes. Why should you get special treatment?

I would say that while sitting lazily in the top 25 (fluctuating around 10-15 since I haven't really pushed too hard) for the current Beast PvP, I (rather objectively) have a stronger roster than places 1-10 except maybe for place 7, who is roughly equivalent but has made some different resource allocation choices. I will grant you that every one of those players in my top 10 has at least one 166, but some have only one or two. One has icon_captainamerica.png & icon_wolverine.png , one has icon_sentry.png , one has a 239 (weird covers though) XF icon_wolverine.png but no maxed star.pngstar.pngstar.png .

So those players may not have roster as "strong" as mine, but guess what... they are ahead of me in the rankings because they put in more time. If you don't want to work harder than the others around you in your bracket with similar rosters, so be it. But to claim that you shouldn't be in a bracket with players who already have worked harder than you on their rosters, is just entitled whinging. Not too many of us with maxed characters got them without earning them at a slow and laborious pace, settling in our star.pngstar.png days for whatever low hanging fruit in the top 100 rewards we might be able to snip with a well timed last minute push or a just-in-time shield.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    radav wrote:
    I really don't understand how their MMR works. Im in a bracket now that the top 10 ppl are sitting at over 1300 points and their rosters are filled with 166 and a few 270s. I have a maxed Patch and a bunch of middling 3*s and maxed out 2*s. How are you supposed to progress with this being the case?
    Oooh, is that the bracket with Mr Maestro and jtvincible leading it (for now)? That's my deeply unpleasant bracket, as well, and it's the worst one I've been in since that outrageous Anniversary Deadpool PVP.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    radav wrote:
    Oooh, is that the bracket with Mr Maestro and jtvincible leading it (for now)? That's my deeply unpleasant bracket, as well, and it's the worst one I've been in since that outrageous Anniversary Deadpool PVP.

Yep that's my bracket too. I thought I was so clever when I started at that time too.