What motivates you, vets?

2»

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Simply put, even after 280 days without missing a day, it's fun....i enjoy grinding, i enjoy getting new characters(Blade's the 2nd character i ever maxed right away) and it's just fun especially in a mega alliance. i like to challenge myself to beat my score, i have to try to grind as much as i can to get new charcters, my goal is to eventually get all the characters maxed at one point or another(currently at fourteen 166's or higher) and it's just a challenge. When it all comes down to it, it's just fun for me.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Same as others, the game scratches the itch very well, and I like the ways characters interact, even if accidentally.
    I adored the original PQ1 to bits, would love to see some similar game modes in MPQ.
    I enjoy the Marvel Universe and hope to see many more of my favourite characters (and I also came to know Hood only thanks to MPQ, and he joined the vast list of things/characters I like), although the expensive roster slots made me give the boot to Yelena and IM 35 based on how often I use them icon_e_biggrin.gif (Bag-Man and Bullseye to follow suit).

I like the forum community in general, some of the nicest people I've ever known play or have played MPQ, and only quit competitive play because it, well, requires quite some time investment. It can still be played semi-casually and is arguably more enjoyable and relaxing that way for most people, especially former hardcores who let it go™. The high-end play does baaaad things to your mind if you allow it.

Apparently I'm also in a nice alliance because I once asked for team-ups 3-4 times in short succession and was not kicked icon_e_biggrin.gif

I was lucky to start relatively early and get on the top of the food chain before it was impossible without spending cash; now, even spending cash doesn't guarantee you much I feel and you are better off enjoying the scenic route and not caring about being a top dog. So now I enjoy my privileged virtual world position where I get to share my "wisdom" and "experience" with newer players and argue incessantly with other vets over best Cap. Marvel/Spidey/whoever builds. I would love more people to like MPQ since that would mean not hitting the same newbies 1000 times in one week, and I hope for the game to improve and be healthy (Sentry OPness (even on defense) and 395 scaling (barring the Gauntlet) + 2,5hr refreshes seriously need to go, and bundled roster slots are a complete load of kitty).
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    locked wrote:
    (Sentry OPness (even on defense)

being a guy and incredibly immature i'm required to point out that you just said "Sentry Oh ****"
    i snickered and laughed so hard at that
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    locked wrote:

being a guy and incredibly immature i'm required to point out that you just said "Sentry Oh ****"

And earlier, Hail said do-****...
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I think new characters has been a big motivator for me to keep playing. Like I am really looking forward to maxing my blade and letting beast sit there looking constipated. Plus my alliance is awesome and we have something called the Django challenges and other stupid stuff we do. Plus a few of my favorite characters have not come out. So I am waiting for iron fist, gotg, green goblin etc. plus gauntlet is great to play on my own terms instead of pve terms. That is my pve complaint for the grind but I don't play pve like some people do. I can't do that plus my iPhone dies if I try. Lastly, I like trying to come up with different ways to beat fhe sentry, hood, sex magnet combos.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Some people are motivated? I thought this was a sadist support group.
  • cg2912 wrote:
    locked wrote:

And earlier, Hail said do-****...

That was auto correct. Hailmary really said do-sparkle pony.
  • Some people are motivated? I thought this was a sadist support group.

Don't be ridiculous. It's a masochist support group.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    PTWTG-450x244.png
  • First you get the iso8.png

Then you get the imcoin.png

Then you get the women.

That's how it works, right?
  • First you get the iso8.png

Then you get the imcoin.png

Then you get the women.

That's how it works, right?

What are women? Are they an in game resource? Can I farm them? Can I buy them with HP or ISO? Are they OP? Are they in the end game? Are they in tokens? Do you need them for essential nodes? Do they assist in shield hopping? Are they only available to multi-alliances?

NO?

I don't get it.