Halloween at MPQ?

2»

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    ... And the 2nd node becomes an essential node thaf requires a Blade cover to open...
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Meanwhile, Marvel Heroes has a two-weeks special Halloween event with Halloween-themed special currency drops, Halloween-themed 'trick or treat' loot boosts, Halloween-themed decorations in the main player hub area of the game, a 50% sale off of all costumes, and a special 'Halloween goody bag' that can be bought from its cash shop. The bagh contains a guaranteed random hero or random costume alongside a small trove of other randomly picked goodies among which are XP and item find boosts, fortune cards (offering more random pulls at nifty prizes) artifacts with special Halloween-themed 'spooky fog' visual effects and an event-exclusive Brood-Wolverine team-up. It's also offered in value packs and if you buy the full-size pack, the Brood-Wolverine team-up is guaranteed.

Marvel Heroes seems to be able to manage fine even with Marvel having to approve everything. Also, they've got what; 200+ different costumes and 25+ different characters in a little more than a year's worth of time? All approved by Marvel; right down to every attack/power/skill needing approval. (Silver Surfer was sent back for redesign multiple times because the blue color on his powers was off, for crying out loud.)

So ... why isn't MPQ able to do anything apart from a carbon-copy re-run of the Hunt with a set of Blade covers swapped in? Are they that critically understaffed or underfunded that something could not be prepared beforehand?

This is one good example, but, because people can argue that a PC MMORPG makes more money than a Puzzle Quest game, I have another example. I hope this does not come out as an advertisement, but we all know Heroes of Camelot. It's a mobile card game but unlike MPQ it lacks battle intervention. So you don't fight, you just watch your cards do the stuff. The game is plain "Tap the screen" all the time. Guess what, they do have a full week Halloween event, Halloween packs in the store and rewards that include half leveled characters from different tiers.

I consider MPQ superior to such games just because it has Marvel on its name. For that reason only, they cannot afford to be understaffed or underfunded as that will not hurt only D3's name. I don't know what's going on inside those offices, but I think they need to organize better. Calendar events are what people are waiting for in real life and in games.
    HailMary wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Can we have some special Halloween PVE with Trick or Treat tokens? Tokens that they can give you awesome rewards but also have the chance to give you nothing.
    Right, because that'll go over real well with people: "I used to think that tokens that gave out mostly 2*s sucked donkey bollocks, but now they 'celebrate' with tokens that can give out literally nothing! I ain't playin this game no more..." ... speaking of which. icon_e_wink.gif
    Okin107 wrote:
    They could have a new PVE with some spooky stuff that would give out some more generous rewards than normal.
    A new PVE would take time to make, too, and Demiurge isn't particularly known for quick turnaround times on new story content. icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree in both your statements. But anything Halloween themed would have made the difference. And they didn't even have to be quick about it. They do know that Halloween is coming, it is on the calendar. They can be very well prepared for this as they where on their Anniversary. Then again, they also dropped the ball within the Anniversary week.
  • Seems like it would be a perfect time to drop a Ghost Rider cover on us.
  • Seems like it would be a perfect time to drop a Ghost Rider cover on us.

If you are suggesting that he should be the next character to be won on the next PvE starting soon, you're dead !

Hear me ! You are D.E.A.D.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Seems like it would be a perfect time to drop a Ghost Rider cover on us.

If you are suggesting that he should be the next character to be won on the next PvE starting soon, you're dead !

C'mon, arktos - aren't you excited to grind a PVE that we've already played thirty times before, for yet another 3* character that won't see any use past being essential in another event?!

I know I am!
  • I keep waiting for the glorious day that they will release a 15 day Heroic: Juggernaut. At least in 15 days everyone will have lvl 395 opponents and super high rubberband, so we will all be equal in some way icon_razz.gif
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    To make it spooky:

Scarlet WITCH
    GHOST rider, The VISION, Ariel, Mephisto (GHOSTS & DEMONS)
    Morbius and the very Dracula (VAMPIRES)
    The Thing, Man-Thing (CREATURES)
    Wolfsbane, Snowbird, John Jameson, the Wendigo (WEREPEOPLE)
    Rama-Tut (MUMMY)

and I left best for last... Frankencastle!!!!
    I am missing skeletons; Punisher will have to do icon_e_smile.gif
  • Starting Tomorrow, Heroic: Venom with Blade, Beast, 2* MsMarvel, 2* Cap, Bagman and Bullseye. Top 25 get 4* Thor. The rest get bagman covers. Bagman covers as far as the eye can see.

Scared yet?
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Seems like it would be a perfect time to drop a Ghost Rider cover on us.

C'mon, arktos - aren't you excited to grind a PVE that we've already played thirty times before, for yet another 3* character that won't see any use past being essential in another event?!

I know I am!

Ofcourse arktos is excited; can't you notice that red flushed face and those popping veins. icon_e_wink.gif