Halloween at MPQ?

So, is there going to be any Halloween themed events or sales in MPQ? Other card games I play on my phone already have started a full week of events with extra gifts and special sales. How come there is no mention of any Halloween party in MPQ?

Can we have some special Halloween PVE with Trick or Treat tokens? Tokens that they can give you awesome rewards but also have the chance to give you nothing. Is R64 all you have planned for us this week? Where are all the pumpkins!

Comments

• We get Blade.
  • Kaigen wrote:
    We get Blade.

You are being sarcastic right?
  • And honest.

They just did a week long Anniversary event. I wouldn't expect anything more to come out for Halloween.
  • The one does not compensate the other. It's like saying "We already celebrated Christmas, no point in doing it again for the New Year". But, Halloween is something that always has special themed events in every game online multiplayer I have played so far. I don't see why it shouldn't at MPQ.
  • What I meant was events take planning. Because we just had a large planned event, I wouldn't expect another one so soon. Before the Anniversary week, the last big new event we had was the first Deadpool Vs MPQ sometime over the summer.

Since Blade will be the essential in the next PvE, it is possibly they could have written a new PvE to start tomorrow. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okin107 wrote:
    The one does not compensate the other. It's like saying "We already celebrated Christmas, no point in doing it again for the New Year". But, Halloween is something that always has special themed events in every game online multiplayer I have played so far. I don't see why it shouldn't at MPQ.

You have to remember anything that changes to the way character looks needs to be approved my Marvel first. It is one of the reasons we cannot buy skins for our characters. The only thing they could probably do is change the tiles to look like pumpkins instead which would make things a little different, but would take a lot more work than it is probably worth. I think releasing Blade is a good compromise becuase he goes along with the Halloween theme better than other Marvel characters
  • There were sales last year for Halloween.

Considering the amount of HP we've been using in the last week since the end of the Anniversary, we could use some sales to restock...

Crazy.
  • They don't have to modify the looks of anyone. They could have a new PVE with some spooky stuff that would give out some more generous rewards than normal. Blade is Blade. I don't think he was intended as a Halloween character. At least nothing like that was mentioned anywhere.
  • http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2352 ... uest_blade

"With Halloween fast approaching, D3Publisher wants to get you ready for the season of spooks by busting out the big guns, stakes, and swords, introducing the vampire hunter Blade to the already stellar roster of “Marvel Puzzle Quest.” We talked to Producer Joe Fletcher about the haunted hero and what unique skills he brings to the table."
  • Kaigen wrote:
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/23526/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_blade

"With Halloween fast approaching, D3Publisher wants to get you ready for the season of spooks by busting out the big guns, stakes, and swords, introducing the vampire hunter Blade to the already stellar roster of “Marvel Puzzle Quest.” We talked to Producer Joe Fletcher about the haunted hero and what unique skills he brings to the table."

Thanks for that. I had missed it tbh. I guess The Hunt is our Halloween party event then. Hooray!
  • Okin107 wrote:
    Kaigen wrote:
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/23526/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_blade

Thanks for that. I had missed it tbh. I guess The Hunt is our Halloween party event then. Hooray!

We'll The Hunt certainly is spooky in the way it's made me lose sleep
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Okin107 wrote:
    Can we have some special Halloween PVE with Trick or Treat tokens? Tokens that they can give you awesome rewards but also have the chance to give you nothing.
    Right, because that'll go over real well with people: "I used to think that tokens that gave out mostly 2*s sucked donkey bollocks, but now they 'celebrate' with tokens that can give out literally nothing! I ain't playin this game no more..." ... speaking of which. icon_e_wink.gif
    Okin107 wrote:
    They could have a new PVE with some spooky stuff that would give out some more generous rewards than normal.
    A new PVE would take time to make, too, and Demiurge isn't particularly known for quick turnaround times on new story content. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    The one does not compensate the other. It's like saying "We already celebrated Christmas, no point in doing it again for the New Year". But, Halloween is something that always has special themed events in every game online multiplayer I have played so far. I don't see why it shouldn't at MPQ.

You have to remember anything that changes to the way character looks needs to be approved my Marvel first. It is one of the reasons we cannot buy skins for our characters. The only thing they could probably do is change the tiles to look like pumpkins instead which would make things a little different, but would take a lot more work than it is probably worth. I think releasing Blade is a good compromise becuase he goes along with the Halloween theme better than other Marvel characters

Meanwhile, Marvel Heroes has a two-weeks special Halloween event with Halloween-themed special currency drops, Halloween-themed 'trick or treat' loot boosts, Halloween-themed decorations in the main player hub area of the game, a 50% sale off of all costumes, and a special 'Halloween goody bag' that can be bought from its cash shop. The bagh contains a guaranteed random hero or random costume alongside a small trove of other randomly picked goodies among which are XP and item find boosts, fortune cards (offering more random pulls at nifty prizes) artifacts with special Halloween-themed 'spooky fog' visual effects and an event-exclusive Brood-Wolverine team-up. It's also offered in value packs and if you buy the full-size pack, the Brood-Wolverine team-up is guaranteed.

Marvel Heroes seems to be able to manage fine even with Marvel having to approve everything. Also, they've got what; 200+ different costumes and 25+ different characters in a little more than a year's worth of time? All approved by Marvel; right down to every attack/power/skill needing approval. (Silver Surfer was sent back for redesign multiple times because the blue color on his powers was off, for crying out loud.)

So ... why isn't MPQ able to do anything apart from a carbon-copy re-run of the Hunt with a set of Blade covers swapped in? Are they that critically understaffed or underfunded that something could not be prepared beforehand?
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    arktos1971 wrote:
    There were sales last year for Halloween.

Considering the amount of HP we've been using in the last week since the end of the Anniversary, we could use some sales to restock...

Crazy.

And I like the sale where it's discounted instead of bonus. So $15 for $20 rather than $20 plus here's a small bonus of coins!
  • A blade event on Halloween would be cool
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    I guess we'll see - there probably isn't going to be a new Halloween PvE, but it would be very cool if the next PvE with Blade essentials was new with spooky/occult themed enemies.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pkay a lot of f2p games and pretty much most of them have calender events. It isnt exactly as if things like christmas, easter or Halloween just creep up on you unexpectedly. Imagine how cool it would be if at christmas the dark avengers tried to storm santas workshop and the good guys had to stop them. Have fun almost meaningless rewards that have no long term impact on the game and that for just that even there was no health packs or true healing. Imagine playing for fun and not out of obligation or duty. Imagine playing when you want to and for how long you want to.

Calender events should be the norm in f2p games and are almost expected.
  • Speaking as a long time GM for some tabletop games (D&D, Shadowrun, Etc), all players really want is things to kill and loot to stash. If you designed a Vampire goon, had them start working for or infecting HAMMER goons, and built a quick script around that you would be done with your Halloween event. Use existing art resources and lay out a node map. Super simple. Event tokens that drop Blade (which are already done btw, because he will be featured in next PvE) for loot, and we have a Halloween event that makes it look like D3 is hard at work when they could be hardly working on it at all.
  • Im calling a Halloween gauntlet with a blade end reward.

And I'd call that a win.
  • spydoorman wrote:
    Im calling a Halloween gauntlet with a blade end reward.

And I'd call that a win.

I said something similar to my alliance last night. I said Blade Gauntlet with Dracula as the Big Bad.

Then I realized I was crazy.