Which team would be most challenging to face in PVE?

poomermon
poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
In a simulator/gauntlet type PVE tournament which team would be most difficult to beat? You can add 3 max leveled (395) chars and one team up to the team. You can have multiple same characters in your team (like 3 Deadpools) and a player trying to beat that node can't have those chars on his/her team. So give me your most sadistic trio to beat and others can give their best strategies for defeating that team.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    poomermon wrote:
    In a simulator/gauntlet type PVE tournament which team would be most difficult to beat? You can add 3 max leveled (395) chars and one team up to the team. You can have multiple same characters in your team (like 3 Deadpools) and a player trying to beat that node can't have those chars on his/her team. So give me your most sadistic trio to beat and others can give their best strategies for defeating that team.

Probably 3x 395 Lieutenants. 3x 395 Thugs is also pretty bad. Goons with 2 or 3 turn CD tiles are almost impossible to stop.

For non-goons 395 Patch 395 Daken 395 Hood. Either Patch or Bullseye. Self heals are abusively overpowered and throwing a hood in there denies your only real chance at stopping them.
  • I Really hope I never have to face these combinations:

Juggernaut - OBW - Analyst (feeding red & purple) + BattlePlan TU to make Espionage deadlier

OBW - Muscle - Spy (purple & blue feeder, Espionage at 395 is bad enough without adding in Threaten strike tiles, 2 area of effect attacks) + Rage of the Panther TU just to add insult to injury coz they'll just wind up stealing the 5 AP in your strongest color anyways

Daken - Sentry - Muscle (blue & yellow feeder, World Rupture might be the least of your worries while trying to evade Threaten, Sacrifice & Chemical Reaction) + Intimidation/Symbiote Snare/Widow's Sting/Aggressive Recon TU
  • This thread is basically "which teams are we going to face in the next PVE". Then our rosters will be blocked with a few exceptions in a heroic Venom. Daredevil, Bagman, Yelena rosters allowed only icon_neutral.gif
  • 395 Juggernaut, Daken, Bullseye. Do not want.
  • Deadpool for quick huge damage, and purple aoe daken for strike tiles, and sentry for, well... SENTRY
  • 2 Snipers + GSBW or Thor
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty much anyone with a good greentile.png (which is like, at least 1/4 of the roster)+ 2 of those sniper guys that have the 0 AP green move
  • Daken, Lieutenant, Bullseye.

How do you kill that? Seriously, how do you even begin to kill that? Massive health regeneration, insane match damage that punishes you for pulling green, and not even established "broken ****" like Sentry bombing works because it's stopped by those massive **** shield tiles.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Daken, Lieutenant, Bullseye.

How do you kill that? Seriously, how do you even begin to kill that? Massive health regeneration, insane match damage that punishes you for pulling green, and not even established "broken tinykitty" like Sentry bombing works because it's stopped by those massive tinykitty shield tiles.
    Do you mind deleting this before D3 get any ideas?

How do you kill that? Seriously, how do you even begin to kill that? Massive health regeneration, insane match damage that punishes you for pulling green, and not even established "broken tinykitty" like Sentry bombing works because it's stopped by those massive tinykitty shield tiles.

Haven't we already seen this in Heroic:Venom? Thankfully not scaled to level 395 though, but level 200 is rough with the recent limited rosters we've been given. The node with Daken Lieutenant Yelena would probably be worse at 395 since Lieutenant feeds pink for Lethal Recon while the 2 turn heal makes in nearly impossible to down someone before strike tiles build up or Chemical Reaction wrecks your heavy hitters. Recon seems to trigger just when you've collected enough AP to turn the tides... OBW replacing Yelena would be unimaginably worse.
  • Red Panda wrote:
    Daken, Lieutenant, Bullseye.

Haven't we already seen this in Heroic:Venom?
    That's the joke.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Jugs with a red feeder. GL with that icon_razz.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    3 Muscles.

2 Muscles and a Don is also pretty much impossible. Actually seen that before and didn't even try. I mean, it's possible you could get really lucky here and there and take stuff out - but the massive blue/yellow feed of the Don causing the Muscles to pump out massive, MASSIVE strike tiles every round means once it starts to get bad, you are toast.
  • loroku wrote:
    3 Muscles.

2 Muscles and a Don is also pretty much impossible. Actually seen that before and didn't even try. I mean, it's possible you could get really lucky here and there and take stuff out - but the massive blue/yellow feed of the Don causing the Muscles to pump out massive, MASSIVE strike tiles every round means once it starts to get bad, you are toast.

OBW Punisher & Thor/LThor (full rainbow team) can slog their way through this if you prioritize blue & purple (bringing boosts helps too) keep delaying timers and stealing blue yellow and black AP ~ Espionage will ramp up once you get judgement on the board. Molotov cocktail will chip away at the first Muscle target until you can pull off Lightning Strike + Call of the Storm. Save red for retribution. Letting 1 or 2 Threaten go off isn't too bad if it won't cause a cascade.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    You guys have such horribly wonderful (wonderfully horrible) ideas that I just retreat in shame.
    Edit: although Sentry/Hood/oBW sounds painful, and you can't exactly burst Sentry down. I would probably use the trusty Sexmagnet and Deadpool/Loki as third for an active purple. And boost green to take Hood down first priority.
  • loroku wrote:
    3 Muscles.

Counter goon team of Cap, OBW, Storm.

This makes me wonder how effective Doom + 2 muscles would be. If icon_doctordoom.png transforms all the other blue, then you can't match off the Muscle's Tommy Gun! The challenge would be getting the AI to use both powers.

Maybe Sentry bomb with Captain Marvel?
  • I just realized that this topic is giving free health pack draining team combos to the devs.

I imagine this in the preview guy voice, the one that promotes new movies in the trailers:
    "Prepare for The Gauntlet 2. Now featuring the most impossible team combos provided by our community itself. You think you have enough health packs?"
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    loroku wrote:
    3 Muscles.

2 Muscles + OBW.
    Good luck wittling down the Muscles with OBW healing them every 3rd turn.
    Also; enjoy your Espionage double-whammy fueled by 'Massively Muscled' strike tiles...
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    The goon only teams are a pain but do-able. Myself I would use OBW-CMAGS-Lcap as the counter. Boost if you must bur prioritize purple/blue/red unless there is a match 5 on the board. Purple feeds blue to obw. Blue slows all counters. Eventually fet enough red to pick off counters and dmg every three turns. A friend uses punisher but thats because his lcap isnt covered enough yet.

Now the teams with obw you better hope she is 5/4/4 lol.

Juggs/obw/soldier (purple+green) is a nightmare combo too.