MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Blade Arrives For Halloween!

Options
13»

Comments

• GrimSkald wrote:
    I'd be a lot more excited about this if they didn't introduce us to four characters in the last two weeks. Mind you, only one is a 3* but still, I was hoping for another two week break before having to add another Roster slot.

He looks interesting, to be sure, but it will be months before I get a usable one, so whatever.

This is why they won't add powers to existing characters and only keep adding new ones "hp" they would make more money when people buy slots for new characters. I'm in the 650 per slot range and I'm gonna spend 650 for a 2* that I will never use and never max just to get a new 3* and then buy a slot for that character total 1300 hp in 2 weeks.
  • This brings me to my next comment. Devs add the new abilities for old characters already give us a break from this grinding madness. You say you have to "rebalance and do calculations that would take a lot of time" but then in every up date an existing character gets fixed colossus, she hulk, ect ect. What is the difference from adding a new ability you did it we'll with little deken.

Anyways It is true that blade will be released at the right time, them blood (hp) sucking devs!!!!!!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will he have increased outside-battle regeneration like Hulk and Spidey? Seems just fair since he doesn't have an in-battle power referencing it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Just took a closer look at the article. Did anyone else notice there's 5 screenshots, and not just one?

-Looks like the pink attack tiles are placed on pink tiles.

-There's a green countdown tile in the picture. Is it his AP steal and it's placed on green because Rags? Or does his green passive start as a countdown tile?

-It looks like the devs test with max AP in everything.
    Rags' strongest colour is red.
    Rags actually doesn't tecnically have a strong color, he has 2 secondary colors
  • Funny. Blade has also being released for Halloween in another f2p marvel game. But theirs will probably be easier to attain and actually comes with its own brand new event.

Oh what could have been. icon_razz.gif

I think the less said about Avengers Alliance the better. That game was one hell of a cash grab and sucked:
    - a max 6 battle energy system that took 1 hour to recharge 1 unit
    - heroes and alternate costumes that were overpriced
    - impossible to attain premium resources
    - hard to attain common resources
    - hackers everywhere
    - events having essential characters that were not yet available for purchase if you finished outside the ludicrous top 0.5% PVP bracket
    - that dreaded daily spin
    - PVP was determined by how deep your MasterCard limit ran
    - continual invites from Indonesia
  • "Another new character? Another roster slot? You keep throwing new stuff in and force us to pay you money? When is this gong to..." ...To hell with this. I'M EXCITED!

Let's give them the chance to release him and see what's up. New stuff is new stuff, where is the bad thing about that? I am actually glad they are starting to improve their communication skills.

The problems with token dilution and roster slots exist. They most certainly know it and they have read it. I too want these issues to be addressed before anything else, but I don't think this is the proper place to do it.

EDIT: The only thing I'm scared is that we will have another Heroic: Juggernaut to release Blade. THIS is a concern!
  • While I do agree that Blade should have more health than he does and regen, and at the very least he should recover at an accelerated rate out of combat, Black Panther is wearing vibranium weave armor. You know, the same stuff that Captain America's shield is made of and he could withstand a blow from Mjolnir.

Since there is no stat for damage resistance, the only way to reflect that is by more health.

I think Black Panther's health is fully justified.

Except that there are NO MORE vibranium anywhere on earth! That's the End of doom war, where BP destroyed all rather than let doom have it. And you might not have read it but d3 has no excuse
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nick-Thor wrote:
    Funny. Blade has also being released for Halloween in another f2p marvel game. But theirs will probably be easier to attain and actually comes with its own brand new event.

Oh what could have been. icon_razz.gif

I think the less said about Avengers Alliance the better. That game was one hell of a cash grab and sucked:
    - a max 6 battle energy system that took 1 hour to recharge 1 unit
    - heroes and alternate costumes that were overpriced
    - impossible to attain premium resources
    - hard to attain common resources
    - hackers everywhere
    - events having essential characters that were not yet available for purchase if you finished outside the ludicrous top 0.5% PVP bracket
    - that dreaded daily spin
    - PVP was determined by how deep your MasterCard limit ran
    - continual invites from Indonesia
    I'm not going to waste any more time plucking apart all of the things you have blown grossly out of proportion. but I will focus on what I actually compared: On top of their MUCH deeper breadth of actual (non "competitive") PVE content, their Blade release comes with a new, unique event to accompany him. Not another rehashed event. Unless Demi is releasing a new version of "The Hunt" that we haven't seen yet.

Just Saiyin.
  • Okin107 wrote:
    "Another new character? Another roster slot? You keep throwing new stuff in and force us to pay you money? When is this gong to..." ...To hell with this. I'M EXCITED!

Let's give them the chance to release him and see what's up. New stuff is new stuff, where is the bad thing about that? I am actually glad they are starting to improve their communication skills.

The problems with token dilution and roster slots exist. They most certainly know it and they have read it. I too want these issues to be addressed before anything else, but I don't think this is the proper place to do it.

EDIT: The only thing I'm scared is that we will have another Heroic: Juggernaut to release Blade. THIS is a concern!

He's being released in The Hunt PVE icon_e_smile.gif
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    I am willing to bet the devs dont have the brass monkeys to make this PvE finish at an EU friendly time.

They're implementing a 'choose your finish time' function (reading through the lines of the dev Q&A) but I'll eat my bowler hat if it's implemented before December.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    theapropos wrote:
    While I do agree that Blade should have more health than he does and regen, and at the very least he should recover at an accelerated rate out of combat, Black Panther is wearing vibranium weave armor. You know, the same stuff that Captain America's shield is made of and he could withstand a blow from Mjolnir.

Since there is no stat for damage resistance, the only way to reflect that is by more health.

Except that there are NO MORE vibranium anywhere on earth! That's the End of doom war, where BP destroyed all rather than let doom have it. And you might not have read it but d3 has no excuse

Except the version of the character in the game is wearing his vibranium armor suit. He is not the current, right this moment in the world of Marvel version.

He is the version that took over for Daredevil in Hell's Kitchen.

Besides, he destroyed the processed vibranium in Wakanda. He didn't destroy all vibranium in the whole world. Cause, I'm pretty sure Cap still has his shield.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plus BP also has mystical panther powers that give him exceptional (though not high-class in comparison to other superhumans) strength and durability. That plus vibranium armor equals quite a lot of staying power.
  • locked wrote:
    Well, that's just great. Another character I can't have because I don't have anymore roster slots. Unless I sell off one of my existing characters and just lose all the resources I've put into them.

Or, D3 could maybe raise the roster limit? icon_e_biggrin.gif Pretty Please with a cherry on top?
    If you weren't using HP on all AP boosts to prove that even Bag-Man can beat Sentry if boosted 6 AP, you could have more valuable resources maybe?

I bieleve JTC is one of thoes loonies that has at least 2 of each characters, so has maxed ouit the totall amount of roster slots.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Well, that's just great. Another character I can't have because I don't have anymore roster slots. Unless I sell off one of my existing characters and just lose all the resources I've put into them.

Or, D3 could maybe raise the roster limit? icon_e_biggrin.gif Pretty Please with a cherry on top?
    If you weren't using HP on all AP boosts to prove that even Bag-Man can beat Sentry if boosted 6 AP, you could have more valuable resources maybe?

I bieleve JTC is one of thoes loonies that has at least 2 of each characters, so has maxed ouit the totall amount of roster slots.

icon_lol.gif
    Hey, my OCD is a serious mental health condition. I just don't take it seriously. icon_lol.gif

But, yeah. No offense locked, but I think you misunderstood. The problem isn't spending Hp on boosts, it's the fact that I've reached the 100 slot limit for rosters. I want 2 of every character, but with over 50 of them, I'll need a few more slots.

Honestly, I'd love to have 3 of every character. I want to cover max all, then level max 1 of each. Then keep 1 of each at the minimum level, and have the 3rd copy only leveled half way. That way I'll be ready for any fight at any level.

But, D3 had to put the limit at 100. Shame on you D3, way un-cool. icon_e_sad.gif If, however, they would be so kind as to raise it, then I could get all the characters I want. It's a win / win. I get my roster the way I want it, and D3 gets lots of my money.

Now, as for using Bagman, well, I like him. I know some players are more interested in the competition aspect of MPQ, (do not misunderstand, I'm not saying that's bad or wrong. It is a game and games are competitive. I'm just not as competitive as most others), and I will admit, Bags is no use there. But I like to play sometimes just to play around and have fun. Sometimes I even play impossible matches that I have no chance of winning just because it looks interesting. Like I said, I'm not really all that much into competion some times. icon_e_biggrin.gif

and I just know someone will take that the wrong way and think I'm bashing competitive players. Just to be clear, I am not. Nothing wrong with competion at all. In fact, sometimes it forces us to do things and go places we never thought ourselves capable. IMO, that can be a very good thing. Unless it's taken too far, then it's not fun anymore.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    theapropos wrote:
    While I do agree that Blade should have more health than he does and regen, and at the very least he should recover at an accelerated rate out of combat, Black Panther is wearing vibranium weave armor. You know, the same stuff that Captain America's shield is made of and he could withstand a blow from Mjolnir.

Except the version of the character in the game is wearing his vibranium armor suit. He is not the current, right this moment in the world of Marvel version.

Besides, he destroyed the processed vibranium in Wakanda. He didn't destroy all vibranium in the whole world. Cause, I'm pretty sure Cap still has his shield.

You pass. Congratulations
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    theapropos wrote:
    orionpeace wrote:
    theapropos wrote:

You pass. Congratulations

More exactly, all Wakandan Vibranium was made inert because all Vibranium is interconnected even across the globe. However, the Antarctic Vibranium (also called "anti-metal") is a variety of Vibranium different enough not to be affected by whatever happens to Wakandan Vibranium.

Nevertheless, orionpeace is right in that MPQ's BP is clearly his pre-Doomwar version.
  • dragma wrote:
    locked wrote:

icon_lol.gif
    Hey, my OCD is a serious mental health condition. I just don't take it seriously. icon_lol.gif

But, yeah. No offense locked, but I think you misunderstood. The problem isn't spending Hp on boosts, it's the fact that I've reached the 100 slot limit for rosters. I want 2 of every character, but with over 50 of them, I'll need a few more slots.

Honestly, I'd love to have 3 of every character. I want to cover max all, then level max 1 of each. Then keep 1 of each at the minimum level, and have the 3rd copy only leveled half way. That way I'll be ready for any fight at any level.

But, D3 had to put the limit at 100. Shame on you D3, way un-cool. icon_e_sad.gif If, however, they would be so kind as to raise it, then I could get all the characters I want. It's a win / win. I get my roster the way I want it, and D3 gets lots of my money.

Now, as for using Bagman, well, I like him. I know some players are more interested in the competition aspect of MPQ, (do not misunderstand, I'm not saying that's bad or wrong. It is a game and games are competitive. I'm just not as competitive as most others), and I will admit, Bags is no use there. But I like to play sometimes just to play around and have fun. Sometimes I even play impossible matches that I have no chance of winning just because it looks interesting. Like I said, I'm not really all that much into competion some times. icon_e_biggrin.gif

and I just know someone will take that the wrong way and think I'm bashing competitive players. Just to be clear, I am not. Nothing wrong with competion at all. In fact, sometimes it forces us to do things and go places we never thought ourselves capable. IMO, that can be a very good thing. Unless it's taken too far, then it's not fun anymore.

Don't worry I bet that when it comes to money they'll fix you problem in no time, but when it come to nerfing or buffing they will be like we need to do calculations to fix a character and it'll take a month just to fix one.