MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Blade Arrives For Halloween!

Options

Comments

• I'm curious if his attack tiles benefit extra from strike tiles or if the interview was just pointing out that attack tiles benefit from strike tiles, since these interview tend to be explaining the game to someone who has barely played the game.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mahabone wrote:
    How come Blade does not have "Tax Evasion" as one of his abilities?

Missed opportunity...
    5aa67472-899c-44d3-a19a-a22ab74345b3_zps759aa350.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm curious if his attack tiles benefit extra from strike tiles or if the interview was just pointing out that attack tiles benefit from strike tiles, since these interview tend to be explaining the game to someone who has barely played the game.
    The way I read that, the base strength of the attack tile is increased according to the number of strike tiles out at the time the skill is used. So, just to completely make some numbers up, it might be something like "creates a strike tile with a strength of 75 plus 12 for every friendly strike tile on the board." Use that with four strike tiles out, and it's a strength 123 tile, regardless of how many strike tiles are created or destroyed afterwards. And it would still trigger strike tiles normally each turn, of course.
  • Phantron wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Will he have true healing being a Vampire (heal faster when injured)? I think his health will be what BP is at least. He will definatly be a nice alternative to Daken or a complement to him. With lots of strike tiles out his attack tiles will be extra powerful. He looks like h will fit nicely with lots of people, and a good color combonation

Screenshot already shows him at 6800 at 166, the 'standard' class for 3*s even if it seems like every worthwhile character now is at least BP if not Thor class of HP.

Yeah, lots of characters make little sense health-wise. Blade and Spidey should both be far more durable than BP, while BP should be Punisher level.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just took a closer look at the article. Did anyone else notice there's 5 screenshots, and not just one?

-Looks like the pink attack tiles are placed on pink tiles.

-There's a green countdown tile in the picture. Is it his AP steal and it's placed on green because Rags? Or does his green passive start as a countdown tile?

-It looks like the devs test with max AP in everything.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We haven't even seen another Beast or Colossus pvp since their debut. The timeframe between new character (really any character) rewards is getting to be really long with this dump of new characters. They really need to slow this down. Even if you get top placement in the PVE and PVP you will not have 13 covers and will have to wait about a month before his rewards pop up again, and another 3 months before they are added to tokens. This is ridiculous.
  • scottee
    Options
    We haven't even seen another Beast or Colossus pvp since their debut. The timeframe between new character (really any character) rewards is getting to be really long with this dump of new characters. They really need to slow this down. Even if you get top placement in the PVE and PVP you will not have 13 covers and will have to wait about a month before his rewards pop up again, and another 3 months before they are added to tokens. This is ridiculous.

I think it's reasonable that they make it not easy to max a character out in the first three months of release, let alone the first week.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ideally he'll be rotated into the tokens when Season VIII starts, but otherwise yeah. There's a lot of deadweight cluttering our rosters while we fight for Mohawk Storm covers.
  • scottee
    Options
    The more I think about it, the more I realize Blade is just a slightly altered Psylocke:
    - Better AP steal.
    - Faster strike tiles.
    - Probably slower attack tiles.

Based on abilities alone, I think he'd fall in the exact same niche as her. But the main thing that's going to make him playable is if his purple is a good ability, and that the strike tiles are passive.

Maybe I'll end up running Blade him instead of Psy in my Daken/Psy/Falcon team.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am willing to bet the devs dont have the brass monkeys to make this PvE finish at an EU friendly time.
  • Passive green - that's awesome. Can pair him with another strong green user and not have to worry about deciding between each power.
  • kalirion wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Will he have true healing being a Vampire (heal faster when injured)? I think his health will be what BP is at least. He will definatly be a nice alternative to Daken or a complement to him. With lots of strike tiles out his attack tiles will be extra powerful. He looks like h will fit nicely with lots of people, and a good color combonation

Screenshot already shows him at 6800 at 166, the 'standard' class for 3*s even if it seems like every worthwhile character now is at least BP if not Thor class of HP.

Yeah, lots of characters make little sense health-wise. Blade and Spidey should both be far more durable than BP, while BP should be Punisher level.

Blade and dp both seem like missteps where there should have been true regeneration, but there is not.

Also, how is it bp has tanky health, much less more health than blade?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Just took a closer look at the article. Did anyone else notice there's 5 screenshots, and not just one?

-There's a green countdown tile in the picture. Is it his AP steal and it's placed on green because Rags? Or does his green passive start as a countdown tile?

Rags' strongest colour is red.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, that's just great. Another character I can't have because I don't have anymore roster slots. Unless I sell off one of my existing characters and just lose all the resources I've put into them.

Or, D3 could maybe raise the roster limit? icon_e_biggrin.gif Pretty Please with a cherry on top?
  • scottee
    Options
    locked wrote:
    scottee wrote:

Rags' strongest colour is red.

Well then.

That means his ap steal can cast on any random color, his passive has a countdown component, or a flame jet tu was used.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well, that's just great. Another character I can't have because I don't have anymore roster slots. Unless I sell off one of my existing characters and just lose all the resources I've put into them.

Or, D3 could maybe raise the roster limit? icon_e_biggrin.gif Pretty Please with a cherry on top?
    If you weren't using HP on all AP boosts to prove that even Bag-Man can beat Sentry if boosted 6 AP, you could have more valuable resources maybe?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm highly likely to not end up with any covers for Blade due to PAX that weekend. I may try to hold out until the last few hours and try to luck myself into a new bracket.

I like the colour combo; having black and purple actives will make him a shoe-in for a lot of teams, I think.
    Curious as to what colour the Strike tiles from Thirst end up on. If it's Green, they'll likely get matched away anyway; if it's Red, that might be OK but there are a few ways to cover Red which might counter this fairly effectively.

Could be that his best build is 5/5/3?
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Funny. Blade has also being released for Halloween in another f2p marvel game. But theirs will probably be easier to attain and actually comes with its own brand new event.

Oh what could have been. icon_razz.gif
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Blade and dp both seem like missteps where there should have been true regeneration, but there is not.

Also, how is it bp has tanky health, much less more health than blade?

While I do agree that Blade should have more health than he does and regen, and at the very least he should recover at an accelerated rate out of combat, Black Panther is wearing vibranium weave armor. You know, the same stuff that Captain America's shield is made of and he could withstand a blow from Mjolnir.

Since there is no stat for damage resistance, the only way to reflect that is by more health.

I think Black Panther's health is fully justified.
  • scottee wrote:
    He sounds really strong. A different type of passive strike tiles, and a new AP steal ability that's continuous. Without seeing the numbers yet, I'm already guessing 5/3/5 to max those two abilities out. Extra umph in attack tiles isn't as important if you can buff them with strike tiles.

I like him.
    That's an interest theory but he actually sounds like a character that exists already (psylocke) so I would guess that depending on how much ap he can steal after every black cover update he actually sounds deadlier at 3/5/5 but like I said it depends on the progression of the black covers. And he would go great with liken by the way. Also it doesn't say if his purple adds red strike tiles or if they are random strike tiles. Anyways I wish that mpq would be more clear with this kind of info.