Character rankings 12/2013 edition: the results!

1235»

Comments

• _fulu_ wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Dr. Doom's black doesn't use red tiles, it creates Red tiles at least IMO, I'll have to screen shot the next time it comes up, but there was only 1 open red on the board, the rest had strike tiles on them, and Dr. Doom still got his tiles regardless, either it's a bug or I missed something

I haven't busted doom out in awhile, he is only level 90, but I know for sure it used to be using red tiles. Unless they changed something, in which case I missed the announcement

I just tried it; with 2 open tiles and level 5 black, Doom creates 2 strike tiles, not 6.

I think that if there are no open tiles, he doesn't cast and you keep the AP, which is new (used to be you lost the AP and got nothing), but I didn't test that.
  • Hey devs please use this list as a guide for which character to make useless next, thanks.
  • Please edit rag to about 19th
  • squirrel85 wrote:
    Please edit rag to about 19th

I think cap america is better than him now
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    squirrel85 wrote:
    Please edit rag to about 19th

I think cap america is better than him now

Just picked random high number
  • Looks like its time for another vote. I vote rag 28th, still better than yellena only because he sells for more.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    xinyucao wrote:
    Mag is nerfednow.

They fixed the count blue tile only bug, now its the minimal of red and blue.
    It does a lot less damage now due to red tiles usually get destroyed for AP.

Is there actually any proof to what Xinyucao is saying?

I did not see such an announcement.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    xinyucao wrote:
    Mag is nerfednow.

They fixed the count blue tile only bug, now its the minimal of red and blue.
    It does a lot less damage now due to red tiles usually get destroyed for AP.

Is there actually any proof to what Xinyucao is saying?

I did not see such an announcement.

its a hoax. Mag's purple is safe...for now
  • I tried mags purple at lvl1, when the board has 16 blue and 3 red. Each swap should do 100ish damage, the result shows 300ish damage.(was expecting 600) So it count only red not blue. Maybe on lvl5 ,its still bugged?
  • It's not bugged. It says X blue tiles with red tiles. So the Blue tiles matter, the red don't unless there are none. (I haven't tried that yet) But I did try it with 11 blue and 9 red about 5 minutes ago. It gave me the quoted damage times 11.
  • Good to know, is that lvl 5 in purple? I only have 1 p 1 b for cmag. Look like I should save up and lvl his purple.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    xinyucao wrote:
    I tried mags purple at lvl1, when the board has 16 blue and 3 red. Each swap should do 100ish damage, the result shows 300ish damage.(was expecting 600) So it count only red not blue. Maybe on lvl5 ,its still bugged?
    Did the opponent have protect tiles?
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Good to know, is that lvl 5 in purple? I only have 1 p 1 b for cmag. Look like I should save up and lvl his purple.

I wouldn't throw too much his way. He's on the list to get "Re-balanced". Sounds like something out of 1984.
  • What about update this list? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'll definitely do an update. I'm thinking after all the announced changes are out would be a good time -- right now there's not a whole lot of shakeup (Ragnarok down, IW up, Hulk, Patch, and Ares in).
  • Is there an update somewhere?
  • I regard all this information in Excel format.

You can get it in this post.
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=781&start=60

Regards
  • @Kevin: I'm planning to do an update, but it takes about two weeks to get enough replies. Since the pace of balancing has been about once every two weeks and people are still figuring out the meta from the wave of recent changes, I'm thinking late this month or early March for an update to the rankings -- that should be enough time for people to figure out the meta a bit and for all the announced changes to be in.

@Anubis: Not sure how I missed this earlier, but very nice work! Any chance you could upload this to Google Docs? That way everyone can always access the latest version and nobody has to upload or download anything.
  • @Kevin: I'm planning to do an update, but it takes about two weeks to get enough replies. Since the pace of balancing has been about once every two weeks and people are still figuring out the meta from the wave of recent changes, I'm thinking late this month or early March for an update to the rankings -- that should be enough time for people to figure out the meta a bit and for all the announced changes to be in.

@Anubis: Not sure how I missed this earlier, but very nice work! Any chance you could upload this to Google Docs? That way everyone can always access the latest version and nobody has to upload or download anything.

Thanks a lot and sorry for reading this so late. Feel free to upload it to google docs. When i try it the color formats where lost, and the document become unreadable (if you know how to mantain the format tell me and i would update it too) :S

Regards