Character rankings 12/2013 edition: the results!

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great write-ups so far.

You're right about Moonstone -- I had to re-evaluate her. I would rate her higher now. She became my main damage dealer in No Man's Land, working with Original Black Widow and Modern Storm. I was able to convince myself I could win that contest, and got up to #1 fairly easily, but I didn't need the covers, so I let them get beat down.

Captain America -- he's fun to play. I like using him on some missions, and it's a challenge to use him right and keep him going. But that doesn't always work.

On the other hand, Rags and Spidey are a bit of a chore to play. I try to avoid Rags using green now out of tedium. Mags' red is slightly better mostly because they vary the tone in the sound effect, and the low damage keeps it more surgical -- lets see if we can improve the board a bit.

The characters I like playing best at the moment are Mags ("Never gonna let you go"), Hulk ("Hit me"), Daken & Wolverine 2* ("Sharpening my claws"), Black Widow Original & The Hood ("Thanks for getting this AP for me"), Storm Modern ("Anyone need power?").
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Captain America was boosted in all three major PvE events. That's probably why he's seen so much more play than his raw power level warrants...
  • #13-17 are up.
  • #13-17 are up.

Jeez, you know way too much about this game... I need to pay attention more, especially all that stuff about Daken.
  • Glad someone read it and found it useful! I was just about to consider delaying posting tomorrow's edition until Monday since it seemed like nobody had seen today's update yet.
  • I was on board just for the rankings but I'm really enjoying the write ups. Hope they help newbies get to know the characters.
  • I'm really enjoying these writeups as well. Well-written and great information. Once it's done I think it will be a great reference. Of particular value (in my opinion) are the recommended builds. There's clear explanations on the rationale behind the cover selections, with some alternate builds described as well. I've been playing this game for some time now but I'm still getting a lot out of it (and it's making me realize just how much I DON'T know about the game lol).

Thanks for doing this! I look forward to the future installments.
  • Great write ups and analysis.

The Daken section really made me think that with a third power, he would be a top 10. Added health, more powerful strike tiles (that can be created on the enemy's turn) and freeing up green AP for other characters to use (rag/gsw/hulk/storm/etc) would really give him a big bump. People would find him even more annoying as a defender.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great write up. I'm surprised people rated modern hawk that high.
  • Great job dude! Very appreciated, can't wait to see the rest icon_e_wink.gif
  • Just registered to say - really like this write-up, even if I do not agree with everything.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really nice post detailing the strengths/weaknesses of the current characters available. When is the next installment coming? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    Great write up. I'm surprised people rated modern hawk that high.

I think it isn't so much that Hawkeye was highly rated so much as everyone else is so lowly rated. Playing Hawkeye makes me wish I could choose where to put his tiles. Playing Cap just makes me sad, I'd always finally manage to get enough blue to use his ability a turn or two after the countdown tile I wanted to take out went off, or I just killed the guy.
  • Thank you sooo much for the in depth infos ,
    it's really enjoyable to read informative and good style of writing.
    Have an internet hug : /hug

Could you post your opinion avbout new Characters , when they come out, in this kind of fashion , too ?
    That'd be great icon_e_biggrin.gif

Anyways really good jog ^^
  • Great writeups

I hope magneto ends up #1, he deserves it. I don't even play my 115 ragnarok anymore unless i bring grey widow along
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Great writeups

I hope magneto ends up #1, he deserves it. I don't even play my 115 ragnarok anymore unless i bring grey widow along

****, DDD. You rated Classic Storm as the same as everyone else? And you even rated IM40 above everyone else? **** am I reading you right?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Great writeups

****, DDD. You rated Classic Storm as the same as everyone else? And you even rated IM40 above everyone else? **** am I reading you right?

My IM40 rank in hindsight is too high. Classic storm is middle of the pack, yes she certainly is.

Also my #4 should read Grey suit widow not original widow.
  • Informative and really funny! icon_lol.gif Looking forward to the continuation!
  • So when are you going to post the rest of the rankings? I'm wondering which characters to drop to open space for other characters.

Also, how does everyone normally upgrade their characters? Via pay or via heroic/standard tokens?

I'm hooked
  • Sorry I missed posting yesterday's installment -- too busy trying to keep up with No Holds Barred retaliations, I guess.

New installment is up! Two more to go, which should appear tomorrow and Wednesday, and then later this week I will do a wrap-up with some final thoughts.