3-10. 5000 ISO, 100 HP, icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
11-25. 3000 ISO, 100 HP, icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
25-50. 2000 ISO, 100 HP, icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
51-100. 1000 ISO, 50 HP, icon_shehulk.pnggreenflag.png
101-250. 1000 ISO, 50 HP
251-500. 500 ISO, 25 HP
501-1000. 500 ISO
1001-10000. 250 ISO

It is the start of season 7 and we are coming out of the gate strong with a sentry hopping opening round of Magnetic Mayhem. Yes Season 7 will be all about getting to a top 100 alliance to get Lady Thor. She was so awesome in the LR she will be the big prize for Season 7. As for Magnetic Mayhem we will be competing for SHE-HULK!! Way to give out those Green abilities D3!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif
Let’s take a look at some interesting combinations for CMags and his Y,R,B combination.
#1 Patchneto- Wait this was nerfed a little while ago? Yes it was but that does not mean it won’t be effective as CMags yellow can overwrite enemy strike tiles. Big risk big reward with this team!
#2 CMags new best friend Mag-Force- CMags has gone from Patch to X-Force as you build up on Cmags red to Cascade Black. You can bring along LThor so you can use Yellow generate by Surgical Strike.
#3 All villains- Hood, Doom, Daken, Sentry, Rags, Loki- We are bad, and that's good. We will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one we’d rather be than us.

Everyone have fun blowing up all those pesky TU tiles with polarized force!! Who uses TU anyway!!

Comments

• Mixed up the greens and blues for single player awards in OP, should be greens up to 25 then add blues instead of the way listed.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Mixed up the greens and blues for single player awards in OP, should be greens up to 25 then add blues instead of the way listed.

Thanks,
    Updated
  • Darn it, screwed up big time. Was having fun seeing how high I can go with most of his colors being tanked by Patch and LDaken, and kept dumping ISO into him without paying attention. Next thing I know, he is now tanking all of his colors in addition to the TUs....
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    #2 CMags new best friend Mag-Force- CMags has gone from Patch to X-Force as you build up on Cmags red to Cascade Black. You can bring along LThor so you can use Yellow generate by Surgical Strike.
    cMags' strongest color is blue, not yellow. Which means we can look forward to the AI hitting us with Surgical Strike and then Magnetized Projectiles for only 1051 damage. icon_lol.gif
  • vudu3 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    cMags' strongest color is blue, not yellow. Which means we can look forward to the AI hitting us with Surgical Strike and then Magnetized Projectiles for only 1051 damage. icon_lol.gif
    For this event his blue packs a punch.
  • I need one red to finish respeccing him. They made red the top 5 prize in the last pvp, which wasn't exactly a cakewalk, then made yellow, which no one will be respeccing to, the 1100 here. At least it means I don't have to bother trying, I guess.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PSA to all 2* players. Your MMR had gone up big time due to BOP and combined arms. 3* teams have had their MMR go way down due to BOP and combined arms. This means 2* teams will see a lot of attacks from 3* teams. You will be returned to you regular MMR probably after Trial by combat.

Again this is a Public Service announcement.

3 star.png enjoy the easy climb icon_twisted.gif
    2 star.png "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!"
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    vudu3 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    For this event his blue packs a punch.
    Since Surgical Strike will remove all the blue tiles, Magnetized Projectiles will be very ineffective since it relies on swapping blue/red tiles. Any player character will wait a few turns to use it but the AI will do it as soon as there's a single blue tile on the board which will result in one swap for 1051 damage.
  • True. I forgot about the Blue swapping red.
  • I am getting absolutely brutalized by cascades right now. I've lost 3 straight matches against very beatable teams on standard enemy: match 3, cascade into match 5, cascade into 3, into 4, into 5, into 5, into 3.

Seriously, I just lost to a 60 CMag, 80 Ares, 94 AWolverine while using a 60 CMag, 140 Patch and 94 CStorm. Storm got taken out on the 2nd turn, Mag on the 6th and then Patch just got pounded before I could even get off a special. I went over to the PVE and everything seemed standard, then went back to PVP and got crushed by another low-level team. Is anyone else experiencing this hell?
  • I unshielded at 830pts and must have got attacked 10 times in 7 minutes. Something has definitely changed.
  • thanks thorzhammer for entertaining me with the mindless repetition of consecutive hits against my team! no worries, i aint mad.. didnt lose any points, but didnt gain any either. curious how many times in a row someone will keep hitting you til they quit...should've stayed unshielded to find out lol

edit- lol, 4x now..though perhaps not consecutively. lets hope not anyways
  • I hit some sort of weird wall at 500, where everything was 166+ with a lot of 270s, and nothing was worth enough points to fight (unless you're about to shield, there's no reason to fight a team that gets you less than 30 point if they're likely to win a retaliation). I think I finally found a handful of 30+ matches yesterday and got up to about 565.

Then two defensive wins overnight pushed me above 600. I'm liking X-Force/Hood in this.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    .... I'm liking X-Force/Hood in this.

Can't decide between running that and using C.Mags + X-Force + Deadpool (Rainbow/all colors are covered on Active abilities...plus it's got Whales in it!,)

EDIT: C.Mags + X-Force + Lazy Daken might be good early on to power-up on X-Force's Green, and punish the AI on cascades which both C.mags and X-Force can reliably do...
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I hit some sort of weird wall at 500, where everything was 166+ with a lot of 270s, and nothing was worth enough points to fight (unless you're about to shield, there's no reason to fight a team that gets you less than 30 point if they're likely to win a retaliation). I think I finally found a handful of 30+ matches yesterday and got up to about 565.

I definitely hit the wall of 166 earlier than I usually do. More often than not I can get to around 600 before it hits, but this time it happened around 400. I managed to eek my way to 624 before I just couldn't find a team I matched up against, and then had my string of losses. Now I'm down to 560-something and shielding.

The sad thing is, I don't think this is so much different than how it went for me before, I just had so much fun with the Thor LR that everything is paling in comparison.
  • With the exception of one retaliation (that probably netted me +14 points, factoring the defensive loss in) I've gone from 565 to 722 entirely on defensive victories. I've stayed more or less parked since then - I had a defensive win/loss that left me up +1, and I've got 2 retaliations lined up, one of which I'm liable to skip; the other worth 34 points (so far), but I'm just going to keep everything there and see where this takes me.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    barely squeaked a climb to 500 this morning before my 'wall' parked itself in my nodes. Literally hit every viable node just to get 500 before entering 166 city. Since, I've been getting hammered all day. I have one node I can retaliate on for 30 pts. 130 hulk with ares, so while I'm fairly sure I can do it... ugh. I don't understand why, being knocked down to 372 by all these attacks, I can't get nodes that I can clear again by skipping. I won't even make top 100 if it won't give me some nodes I can win. >.<
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event doesn't seem very competitive, and the rewards aren't exactly exciting. The difference between 10th (where I am right now) and 25th doesn't make it worthwhile shield-hopping to keep top 10. As long as I get top 25 it's a win.

Oh, and I'd need another 180 points for top 5, which is not happening.
  • Shielded for the duration at 838, then immediately got hit for 40 points of defensive wins. So I'm shielded at 878, and wishing I had waited a minute and done another match so I crossed 900. Admittedly, I still might.

In any case, feel free to hit me. I'm not staying up until 1 am, and I'm not breaking shields for covers I don't need. The lowest my score is liable to be is 878, if it helps. Anyone wants to give me 22 points, that would be swell. Nifty, even.
  • Played up to 800+ last night, got beaten down to under 600. Had intended on going with a 3 hour shield and a score over 1k. Had two very ugly matches early into my run up and had to shield at 879. Debating whether it's worth another 75 imcoin.png to guarantee T5 for covers I already have and don't need, when right now it's looking like that score will hold for T10 which would net me...125 imcoin.png profit after accounting for a full set of +alls and 1 3 hour shieldgrey.png

And after this past week, I'm not exactly hurting for iso8.png Took icon_magneto.png from 140 to 160 for this, and XF icon_wolverine.png from 166 to 190. And still have 60k more than I did before LRs started icon_e_biggrin.gif

Moonroach, saw you in the bracket as well. It's definitely a nice lazy one, save for Squillz who got all crazy on it at near 1600.