Best 1*?

Options
2»

Comments

• Storm for sure especially in defense. In attack with boost, widow can help take out a team a lot bigger (only need 3 extra blue), without boost she dies too fast (except on the widow event, it was refresshing for her to be able to play the purple and blue and survive the day)
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In terms of all around power, Storm hands down, no questions. In terms of team cominations, Widow can be ungodly. With her Stun she can easily lock down the best character in the game for 5 turns, plus the others for 1. In my experience, Storm helps you stay ahead if you already are, Widow helps you come from behind.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Storm, hands down. Who needs a stun when you can cast abilities indefinitely? Great in PvP, great in PvE (to get rid of those counters). She gathers AP for everyone else, and even her attack tiles are nice to have (due to the lack of Black skills, and how attack tiles interact with strike tiles).
  • Modern storm. She's really good at being annoying, causing cascades with her low-cost skills and all- I've beaten several **and ***teams with her. But as many other people mentioned storm as well, Venom's instadown is pretty useful too especially when facing high hp enemies. Just make sure you get a lot of pink ap, slap that tinykitty with web tiles, and boom, you've killed a maxed hulk(or whatever)! I'm currently going through *to ** transition, and although I have a pretty high level thor I still like to use IM35/mStorm/MBW or IM35/mStorm/Venom(I don't have a blue spidey yet, I'm pretty sure venom be even greater with him)
  • Guess I need not bother to read thorough the thread to learn the obvious that mStorm wins hands down. icon_e_smile.gif

There is a poll feature that could be easy to use to prove the point.
  • Jugs hands down as long as you have a way to heal.
    6 ap board shake / headbutt plus tank level HP?
    If only there was a way to do a regen type buff instead of having to run spidey/OBW for heals.
    Jugs/Ares team would be so fun if your playing in short bursts as you can just health pack without worry.
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Juggernaut Hands down imo. Cheap and effective killing machine.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Storm.

On offense, she's completely protected with any 2 or 3 star character, while her abilities are still fully functional. Green is amazing for gathering AP, and Red is amazing for gathering environment tiles (and causing cascades). On a Desert or Jungle environment, she's dangerous even in a 3* party.
  • Katai wrote:
    Storm.

On offense, she's completely protected with any 2 or 3 star character, while her abilities are still fully functional. Green is amazing for gathering AP, and Red is amazing for gathering environment tiles (and causing cascades). On a Desert or Jungle environment, she's dangerous even in a 3* party.

And the often overlooked black actually cause a deal of damage to start with even alone but if you create strikes it gets really nasty. And screws over popular characters like patch and moonstone's warp. Like for the rest of the game from a single cast.
  • Modern Storm is really the only real choice for a 1* in a 2* team. I guess Black Widow and Juggy are acceptable as well, although I stopped caring about them once I obtained Classic Storm and Thor respectively.
  • Depends on the context...

In a One Star Skirmish, I'd argue for Juggernaut because 6AP for 1.1K damage can take down the majority of most 1*s pretty darned effectively.

At any level higher than that, M.Storm is a beast, and still has function in a 3* team.
  • Storm and Jugg because I can still use them in my teams with 2* chars.