Compilation of Suggested Sentry Fixes (Updated 10/23)

Options
2»

Comments

• Riggy wrote:
    Kryztoff46 wrote:
    This kind of stuff always gonna happen, *Nerf Tier 1, please*. I've reading all the suggestions and I don´t think the character needs to be hit. He's Sentry the one with the power of one million of suns exploding. Look at Magneto, He's no more than an anchor (and a bad one) right now. It'll need a very cool tuning.
    I'm not sure what your point is? You're saying that even though everyone knows that high-end versus events lack any variability in the team composition, that's an ok game design? What a terrible concept. It takes away any strategy and decisions for leveling characters - there's only 3 needed - Daken, Sentry, and Hood. It also means that any cover rewards you earn are also just trophies b/c you'll never need or use them. So who cares if this character has the power of a million suns exploding; if he makes the game less vibrant or less fun to play (and the general consensus is that Sentry accomplishes both), then he needs fixed.

I've played Sentry / Daken / Hood in BOP with no boosting and I got bored pretty darn quickly of going off on turn 5-7 and winning with little to no threat of loss. If every tournament was like that, I'd quit within a couple weeks and have zero incentive to give D3 more money for what would be a pretty mediocre game. Making a decent game that's fun to play is more important than fulfilling the nuances of character flavor. If that latter were true, Wolverine would auto-lose to Mags in every single match.

There will always be top tier cards. Take the lower tier cards, make them more useful, is a much better way to go than nerfing top tier cards. D3 method of releasing cards, letting them sit as is for 8 months, then nerfing the **** out of them is another effective way to get me to distrust the mechanics of the game and not be willing to spend to get cards finished/perfected. I find it interesting that every time I am considering buying coins / packs there is a great reason not to; D3 makes it so there is no good reason to because of the relative scarcity and ridiculous cost of of ISO, and anything I would consider buying in to has a good chance to be nerfed to benchwarmer status.
  • Well first off. Anyone with half a clue would understand that the absurdly unbalanced characters would he abused the most. This is evidenced by the cheapest team in the game. The hood and sentry. At minimum make his world rupture damage keep counting so my hulk can smash him.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well first off. Anyone with half a clue would understand that the absurdly unbalanced characters would he abused the most. This is evidenced by the cheapest team in the game. The hood and sentry. At minimum make his world rupture damage keep counting so my hulk can smash him.

That's a really specific change that wouldn't really change anything for most players. Though some of the proposed changes [like "Make the first World Rupture tile destroy every world rupture tile and do damage for each tile destroyed. This functions the same way as one of the goon mutant tiles (destroys all purple) or similar to Fury's Demolition where the first trap matched destroys all other traps matched"] would essentially also include your suggestion as a side effect.