Design a character!

Options
TheVulture
TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2014 in Speculation and Concepts
I couldn't find a thread with the search function, but assume that other people like to design characters of their own too!
(I cannot be the only uber-nerd here... icon_mrgreen.gif )

Post your own, or links to old threads if they've simply aged off into the depths of the forum.

My designs

The Vulture (Classic)

Star Rating: 1
Health: Medium
Tile Affinity: Green > Black > Purple

[Green] Swoop! - 6 AP
The Vulture swoops, clearing a random row and dealing damage. No AP is generated by the tiles destroyed.
Level 2: Green tiles destroyed generate AP.
Level 3: Black tiles destroyed generate AP.
Level 4: Purple tiles destroyed generate AP.
Level 5: If a Critical tile is destroyed by this power, clear another random row.

[Black] Attack of Opportunity - 6 AP
The Vulture launches an opportunistic attack, hoping to catch is target at their most vulnerable. Damages the target for nnn. If they are below 20% of their base health, 5 Green tiles are added to the board.
Level 2: Tiles are added if their health is below 30% of max.
Level 3: Tiles are added if their health is below 40% of max.
Level 4: Tiles are added if their health is below 50% of max.
Level 5: The Vulture heals nnn health.

I did have wilder ideas for a higher-star Vulture who used his Black power to transform to his younger self, gaining a new portrait and powers/bonuses while his countdown was in play... but I thought that old, not-that-powerful Vulture would be more familiar!
"Swoop!" - I wanted this to be use-able but still true to The Vulture, that being he's usually brought down by his own poor judgement of flying attacks; so cheaper than Arrow Stab but completely un-targeted, and with some potential to generate AP randomly.
"Attack of Opportunity" - A 1* version of Mjolnir's Might, this would be quite nifty and conceptually combines his cowardice with the vigor (and at max. level life-stealing) he derives from his wicked ways.

Cyclops (Classic)

Star Rating: 2
Health: Medium
Tile Affinity: Red > Yellow > Blue

[Red] Optic Blast - 8 AP
Cyclops unleashes a blast of pure energy, clearing a selected row and dealing damage (but not generating AP).
Level 2: Environment tiles destroyed generate AP.
Level 3: Environment tiles destroyed generate triple AP.
Level 4: The opponent loses 1 AP of each color for each Environment tile destroyed by this power.
Level 5: If a Critical tile is destroyed by this power, clear the column that tile was in.

[Yellow] Metabolize Sunlight - 5 AP
Cyclops metabolizes sunlight and ambient energy, recharging his optic energy blasts. Restore 2 Red AP.
Level 2: Restore 1 more AP. Costs 6 AP.
Level 3: Restore 1 more AP. Costs 7 AP.
Level 4: Restore 1 more AP. Costs 8 AP.
Level 5: Restore 1 more AP. Costs 9 AP.

[Blue] Master Tactician - 10 AP
Cyclops draws upon his years of tactical experience to control the battlefield. Converts 2 basic color tiles into Environment tiles.
Level 2: Target 1 more tile.
Level 3: Target 1 more tile.
Level 4: Target 1 more tile.
Level 5: Target 1 more tile.

"Optic Blast" - MPQ is crying out for a Cyclops to pop up, fire a blast horizontally & wipe out a row! I've opted for an Environment tile theme to reflect the uncontrolled nature & raw power of his optic blast, with the L4 AP sapping representing him hemming opponents in (collapsing the roof, shooting down ship) and the 5AP representing his not-as-famous geometry power to 'bank shot' his beams.
"Metabolize Sunlight" - Perhaps too controversial to ever see the light of day (at least while cheap-Red powers > all), but it would be fun! (N.B. I don't like passives, so prefer this to 'when match Yellow...')
"Master Tactician" - Seemed an obvious fit once I'd connected battlefield with Environment tiles, and a sometimes nifty ability; I marked it 1 cheaper than Deceptive Tactics on account of Environment matches not dealing damage and being weak on some boards.

Cable (Messiah War)

Star Rating: 3
Health: High (regular high, not Hulk/Juggernaut health)
Tile Affinity: Black > Red > Blue

[Black] Doomsday Clock - 3 AP
Cable is forever travelling through time, attempting to avert crises that could spell the end of mutant-kind. Converts a basic random tile in to a Countdown tile. It activates after 6 turns, shattering itself and all Protect tiles on the board.
Level 2: Shatters Strike tiles also.
Level 3: Shatters Attack tiles also.
Level 4: Shatters all special tiles except Countdown tiles.
Level 5: Shatters other Countdown tiles too, dealing nnn damage for each one.
(N.B. "All" includes friendly tiles, "shattering" does generate AP.)

[Red] Future Tech - 10 AP
Launch a desperate assault on the enemy using all the future technology at Cable's disposal, including his own techno-organic body parts. Deal nnn damage for each Countdown tile in play, up to 4 (minimum nnn, maximum nnn).
Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
Level 3: Increase maximum number of Countdown tiles to 6.
Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
Level 5: Increase maximum number of Countdown tiles to 8.
(N.B. Like Web Bandages, has a default score even when no applicable tiles on the board.)

[Blue] Last, Best, Hope - 3 AP
Cable has dedicated his life to the protection of the mutant messiah, and seeing she fulfils her destiny to save mutant-kind. Converts a basic Blue tile in to a 6 turn Countdown tile. When this tile activates, or it is shattered by Doomsday Clock, create a Protect tile.
Level 2: Create a Strike tile also.
Level 3: Create an Attack tile also.
Level 4: Create a Critical tile also.
Level 5: Friendly non-Countdown special tiles are not shattered by Doomsday Clock.

Well, this one certainly ups the complexity! I wanted someone to make wilder use of countdown tiles, which are all over the game but not utilized much/appealingly so far.
As you may have deduced, in the context of Cable's time-travelling antics special tiles = mutants.
"Doomsday Clock" - This is so very cheap because 6 turns is massively beyond the curve of any character powers; happily Cable players aren't just waiting for them to actually go-off, though the mutant apocalypse(s) are a big deal for some characters and completely irrelevant to others (which has been a comic-book theme!).
"Future Tech" - This hefty Magnetic Translocation power was my starting-point, since I wanted something to encourage Countdowns (originally I was thinking of it as Vulture's desperate mortality spurring him on).
"Last, Best, Hope" - Naturally it's a pun on Hope, but the intent was both to have another Countdown power and also an alternative build to the obvious lay Countdown > blast with Future Tech strategy; the special tiles (mutants) add a little spice to Doomsday Clock detonations, with L5 allowing mutants to survive another apocalypse scenario. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is extremely cool! I'm not nearly as creative as you, so I can't think of any myself, but yours are awesome. They seem pretty well-balanced, perhaps even on the underpowered side. icon_e_wink.gif Very fun stuff, indeed!
  • Sounds like fun, I'll give it a go! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch)

Health: high
    Tile Affinity: Black > Red > Green

[Red] Mystical Chain - 6 AP
    The Ghost Rider hurls his Mystical Chain to hurt and restrain his enemies.
    Deals 1000 damage to the target and restrains him from using his powers for 1 turn.
    Level 2: +10% damage.
    Level 3: +1 turn restraint.
    Level 4: +20% damage.
    Level 5: +1 turn restraint.

[Green] Penance stare - 8 AP
    Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every single bit of physical or emotional pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime.
    Deals damage to the target equal to 50% of the total damage the target has caused in the game so far.
    Level 2: 100% damage, +2 AP.
    Level 3: 150% damage, +2 AP.
    Level 4: 200% damage, +2 AP.
    Level 5: 250% damage, +2 AP.

[Black] The curse will be passed! - 0 AP - Passive
    There must always be a Ghost Rider!
    When the Ghost Rider is downed, a random one of your remaining character will become the new Ghost Rider! That character is downed immediately. The Ghost Rider is put back into play at 20% max health.
    Level 2: 40% health.
    Level 3: 60% health.
    Level 4: 80% health.
    Level 5: 100% health.

Deals 1000 damage to the target and restrains him from using his powers for 1 turn.

Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into his eyes to see and feel every single bit of physical or emotional pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime.
    Deals damage to the target equal to 50% of the total damage the target has caused in the game so far.

When the Ghost Rider is downed, a random one of your remaining character will become the new Ghost Rider! That character is downed immediately. The Ghost Rider is put back into play at 20% max health.

Love the black Ghost Rider power...That would be so awesome!

I really like it, very unique.

Only problem with Black would be on defense until lvl4 or so. But defense sucks anyway so oh well icon_e_wink.gif

I really like it, very unique.

Only problem with Black would be on defense until lvl4 or so. But defense sucks anyway so oh well icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Well obviously numbers should be tweaked... maybe it could start at 60% and go up 10% per level. Same thing with Penance Stare... probably 250% is way too much lol.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jean Grey (Phoenix)

Health: High
    Tile Affinity: Green>Yellow>Red

[Green] Cosmic Manipulation - 6ap
    Phoenix uses cosmic rays to augment her power reserves. Converts an existing basic green tile to a 2 turn countdown tile. While this tile is active any tile match made by Phoenix will result in 200% damage output. If her countdown tile already exists she deals x (scales with level) damage to the current target.
    Level 2: Increases countdown to 3.
    Level 3: If her countdown tile already exists she deals x+y damage and heals all teammates 500.
    Level 4: Increases countdown to 4.
    Level 5: If her countdown tile already exists she deals x+y damage and heals all teammates 1000.

[Yellow] Energy Consumption - 9ap
    Phoenix jumps in front of her team ready to absorb all damage from the next turn as health loss. This ends the current turn
    Level 2: Absorbs 75% of damage as health loss, dissipates the remaining 25%
    Level 3: Absorbs 75% of damage as health loss, redirects the remaining 25% to the current target.
    Level 4: Absorbs 50% of damage as health loss, redirects the remaining 50% to the current target.
    Level 5: Absorbs 25% of damage as health loss, redirects the remaining 75% to the current target. Costs 10ap.

[Red] From the Ashes - Passive
    If Phoenix is downed while there are at least 15 black tiles on the board she rises from the ashes, her health is restored to 25% of her max hp and all black/environmental tiles are set on fire (turned in to red tiles). Any damage that would have resulted from matches/cascades is returned to Jean as health. No damage is done to the opposing team.
    Level 2: Reduces black tiles required to 14.
    Level 3: Base health restoration increased to 35%.
    Level 4: Reduces black tiles required to 13.
    Level 5: Reduces black tiles required to 12.

I don't think the game keeps track of damage done like your green requires. I would swap it out to do damage based on enemy strike/protect/countdown tiles on the board. Lvl 1 based on strike tiles, lvl 2 based on + attack tiles, level 3 +50% damage,
    Lvl 4 all enemy tokens on the field, lvl 5 +50% damage. Something like that.

The black sounds interesting, I like it. Not a great ability most likely but that's not necessarily bad. Viable and interesting goes a long way and is preferred over "overpowered" anyway. It would also "chain" well with my next paragraph/revision.

Red seems a little..odd. it sounds like it should be blue and simply be a stun move..but I know red works better (or yellow). I get where you are coming from though. Personally a damaging stun that chains into other stuns sounds a little better and avoids them having to implement "restraining an enemy's power." So maybe...
    Lvl 1: stun for one turn, do x damage, drop 1 chain tile on black(similar to web tile). Tiles increase damage by 0 and stun by 1 turn the next time you use chains on a chained opponent (only one person can chained at a time).
    Lvl 2. Stun for 1 turn, do x+% damage base.
    Lvl 3: stun for 1 turn, do x+%(lvl 2) damage, tiles now add y% (10%?)damage to subsequent chains.
    Lvl 4. Stun 2 turns at base, rest the same.
    Lvl 5: damage +100% when used and 5+ chains on the field. (note: chain tiles are placed on black tiles).

Remember, it costs Red, and the ap cost doesn't drop like spidey's so I think the stunning+damage+continuity allows it to be a good move, while the cost of 6 RED ap means its not overpowered as long as the base damage is set well. Compare with storm's blue. 12 blue ap for 1 cast is a few thousand damage to everyone +5 turn stun. This red would be 2 cast = +2 and a +3 stun plus damage. The red would outstrip the blue move at some point but its a 3*** move vs a 2** so its not a big deal.

I'd be pretty stoked for ghost rider if he was like that.
  • TheVulture
    Options
    Those are some very cool Ghost rider powers! icon_cool.gif

Restraint would be a good addition - cheaper than a Stun, but leaves tile strength in place and not so devastating in 3 v 1 PvE fights (think would be an excellent 'guest ally' power).
    Penance Stare would be particularly awesome for PvE fights against a super-levelled Ghost Rider (being mislead or compelled by Mephisto) - couldn't just go in all guns blazing with 1 heavy-hitter, but would have to spread attacks/tile-matches around so that he can't instakill your characters in retaliation.

~~~~

Ooh; a wild Phoenix has appeared while I was typing! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Those are some very interesting ideas indeed - some creative ways to 'power down' the effects there, especially like the From the Ashes cascade dealing no damage.

Energy Consumption could maybe do with a tweak, only because it would have to be extremely strong vs the AI (if it falls for it when you wait for the AI to have powers flashing) or extremely weak vs the AI (if it never falls for that ruse) - though personally I'd be happy with the former to counter cheesy henchmen-generated-AP fuelled attacks. icon_razz.gif
    Maybe something to make her death-wish (assume we're picturing the incident with the cannon...) more urgent in general, e.g.

[Yellow] Energy Consumption - 9ap
    Phoenix jumps in front of her team ready to absorb all damage from the next turn as health loss. This ends the current turn.
    Level 2: If Jean lost less than 5% of her health on your opponent's turn, she blasts the target for nnn damage.
    Level 3: If Jean lost less than 5% of her health on your opponent's turn, she radiates nnn damage to all enemies.
    Level 4: If Jean lost less than 20% of her health on your opponent's turn, she radiates nnn damage to all enemies.
    Level 5: If Jean was not downed on your opponent's turn, she is downed now and deals nnn damage to all enemies. (N.B. Rather more damage in this case!)

Hmm; combos well with From the Ashes (so long as opponent cannot clear sufficient black tiles on their turn), but perhaps a bit too aggressive compared to your one-of-a-kind defensive design...
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Colossus (classic)

Star rating: 2
    Health: high-very high
    Tile affinity: black/blue/purple

(Black) steel fist - 6ap
    Colossus stirkes his target with a thunderous blow from his steel fist.
    Level 1: does 350 damage
    Level 2: + 10% damage
    Level 3 : shatters 3 random tiles doing damage and generating ap, cost 2ap more
    Level 4: + 35% damage
    Level 5 shatters 5 random tiles doing damage and generating ap

(Purple) steel skin - 14ap
    Colossus temporarly turns his body to steel.
    Level 1: for 2 turns colossus does 50% more tile damage and receives 25% less damage
    Level 2: colossus does 75% more tile damage and receives 50% less damage
    Level 3 : colossus does 125% more tile damage and receives 75% less damage
    Level 4: duration increase to 4 turns
    Level 5: costs 2ap less

(Blue) resilience - (active)
    While steel skin is active colossus is more resilient to enemy special tiles, including countdown, web and criticals (while colossus is at the front)
    Level 1: negates 1 random enemy special tile
    Level 2: negates 2 random enemy special tiles
    Level 3: negates 4 random enemy special tiles
    Level 4: negates all enemy special tiles
    Level 5: colossus destroys 1 enemy special tile each turn steel skin is active
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Professor X (Founder of the X-Men)

Health: Low
    Tile Affinity: Purple > Yellow > Blue

[Yellow] Cerebro's Insight - 6 AP
    A special machine helps the Professor in his search for mutant-kind and obscure information. Changes 6 random non-Blue tiles on the board to basic Blue tiles.
    Level 2: Increase random tiles to 7.
    Level 3: Increase random tiles to 8.
    Level 4: Increase random tiles to 9.
    Level 5: Increase random tiles to 10.

[Blue] Telepathic Genius - 13 AP
    Professor X's intelligence know no bounds, always keeping him a step ahead of adversaries. You take an extra turn for each match made this turn.
    Level 2: -1 AP.
    Level 3: -2 AP.
    Level 4: -3 AP.
    Level 5: -4 AP.

[Purple]The Danger Room - Passive

The Professor is a master of nurturing and developing teams under his charge in the School for Gifted Youngsters. You gain 10% more ISO-8 after a battle which Professor X was participating in.

Level 2: +10% chance of receiving a random Boost after a battle which Professor X was participating in..
    Level 3: +5% more ISO-8.
    Level 4: +20% chance of receiving a random Boost after a battle which Professor X was participating in.
    Level 5:+5% more ISO-8.

This is my take on Professor X, so as to give MPQ a pure support character who has the unique ability to boost the gain of ISO-8 for each battle he actively participates in. He also has synergy skill-wise in using his Yellow power to generate enough Blue AP to invoke Telepathic Genius sparking the extra turn/s, which gives the effect of him "accelerating his search for mutant-kind or information" flavor-wise.
  • Gambit (Classic)

Star rating: 3
    Health: Low-medium
    Tile affinity: purple/red/black
    High crit tile multiplier

(Purple) Kinetic Charge - 5 AP
    Gambit charges a piece of debris and leaves a surprise waiting for his opponents.

L1: Creates a countdown tile on a random basic color tile that explodes after 4 turns, dealing nnn damage.
    L2: Countdown reduced to 3
    L3: When tile explodes, destroys 4 adjacent tiles with it (compass points NESW), generating AP
    L4: Can select basic color tile to become countdown tile
    L5: Creates the selected countdown tile plus an additional random countdown tile

(Red) Trump Card - 7 AP
    Gambit charges a playing card with explosive kinetic energy and throws it at a foe with deadly accuracy.

L1: Destroys a random "+" shape of five tiles, dealing nnn damage plus damage for each tile destroyed, but not generating AP.
    L2: Can select the center tile destroyed
    L3: Costs 6 AP
    L4: Costs 5 AP
    L5: Any countdown tiles destroyed by this attack leave behind a critical tile in their place

(Black) Master Thief - 9 AP
    Gambit creates an explosive diversion and pickpockets the enemy, stealing AP.

L1: Destroys a random basic tile, dealing damage but not generating AP. Steals 3 AP of the destroyed tile's color from the opponent.
    L2: Can select the basic tile to destroy.
    L3: Steals 4 AP of the destroyed tile's color.
    L4: Can target countdown tiles, which explode as though they detonated naturally through Gambit's Kinetic Charge power.
    L5: Steals 5 AP of the destroyed tile's color
  • Nightcrawler

(Green) BAMF! - Passive
    Nightcrawler uses his teleportation to protect himself and his allies from imminent danger. Once per turn when Nightcrawler would be dropped below 0, 30% of the damage is avoided.

Level 2: 40% of the damage is avoided.
    Level 3: 50% of the damage is avoided.
    Level 4: The protection is extended to all teammates. (Can affect only one at a time)
    Level 5: He can BAMF! twice per turn.

(Black) Everywhere and Nowhere - 9 AP
    Nightcrawler's teleportation allows him to attack multiple enemies in quick succession. Creates a strength 7 attack tile that hits all enemies each turn.

Level 2: Creates 2 attack tiles.
    Level 3: Creates 3 attack tiles.
    Level 4: Creates 4 attack tiles.
    Level 5: Creates 5 attack tiles.

(Purple) Prehensile Tail - 6 AP
    Nightcrawler uses his amazing agility and extra appendage to transfer weapons easily to where he needs them most. Replace 2 basic color tiles with tiles of any basic color.

Level 2: Also replaces strike and protect tiles.
    Level 3: Also replaces web and attack tiles.
    Level 4: Replaces any tile type.
    Level 5: Replaces 3 tiles.
  • TheVulture
    Options
    Creative stuff indeed. icon_cool.gif

@ Colossus
    Particularly like the Steel Skin idea - simultaneously buffing tile damage would definitely be the key to 'tanking' consistently, and is by no means imbalanced since the extra damage resulting won't be that much each turn.

@ Professor X
    That's an interesting support theme indeed, not sure MPQ can support irregular ISO amounts currently (e.g. 70 + 10% = 77) but I'd think that could be gotten around by guaranteeing 20 bonus ISO - increasing to something more at max. level.
    Telepathic Genius is nifty (and would be fun to stack!) but could perhaps do with a little something more, only because 'stun all enemies' = 'take an extra turn' and it only costs 7 AP for a 1* character like Venom.
    Although, possibly undermined my own point there; the fact it could be stackable would already give it an edge over team stuns!

@ Gambit
    The "+" shape is definitely a unique gimmick, and I particularly like the targeted AP steal - would surely be an asset to any team, and brings the AP cost down to something reasonable compared to the ultra-expensive 'steal n AP of each color' powers.

+

@ Nightcrawler
    Attack tiles that damage all enemies - mind, blown!! icon_eek.gif
  • Some very cool character ideas in this thread. I really hope this is looked at to give the devs some ideas to be implemented into the game, not like they need any, but things like this are always helpful.
  • Iceman **
    Health - Medium

Iceblock
    [Purple] Passive
    level 1 - Each time a red match is made, place a blue protect tile on the board with power of X.
    level 2 - Each time a red match is made, place a blue protect tile on the board with power of X+ 10%.
    level 3 - Each time a red match is made place 2 blue protect tiles on the board with power of X.
    level 4 - Each time a red match is made place 2 blue protect tiles on the board with power of X + 10%.
    level 5 - Each time a red match is made place 2 blue protect tiles on the board with power of X+ 15%.

Cryokinesis
    [Black} 9 AP
    level 1 - Randomly convert 2 nonblue basic tiles to blue.
    level 2 - AP cost reduced by 1.
    level 3 - Randomly convert 3 nonblue basic tiles to blue.
    level 4 - AP cost reduced by 1.
    level 5 - AP cost increased by 3, Randomly converts 4 nonblue basic tiles to blue, stuns target for 1 turn.

Ice Spike
    [Blue] 12 AP
    level 1 - Deals X damage , removes 2 red AP from opposing team.
    level 2 - AP cost reduced by 1.
    level 3 - +10% damage.
    level 4 - Deals X + 20% damage, removes 3 red AP from opposing team.
    level 5 - Ap cost reduced by 1.

The passive might be way too OP, looking back at it...the defense tiles would need to be very low values. Him and Spidey would probably be far too OP also on a team, which is why I kept him as a 2*, so he cannot go too high on levels.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Coolest thread ever.

Here's my attempt.

Mojo

Star Rating: *

Affinity: Purple/Blue/Black
    Crit multiplier: Normal

Mojoworld (Blue, Passive)

L1 Every time environment tiles are matched, both layers lose one AP from every color (-1).
    L2 Both players lose two AP from every color (-2).
    L3 Only opponent loses AP from every color (-1).
    L4 Only opponent loses AP from every color (-2).
    L5 Both players gain two AP from every color (±2).

Mojoverse (Purple)

L1 3 purple, 2 black: Create 5 environment tiles at random (gain AP).
    L2 3 purple, 2 blue: Create 5 environment tiles at random, plus 5 city tiles at random (gain AP).
    L3 3 purple, 1 blue, 1 black: Create 5 environment tiles at random, 5 city tiles at random, 5 desert tiles at random (gain AP).
    L4 3 purple, 2 yellow: Create 5 environment tiles at random; turn all red tiles into city tiles (gain AP).
    L5 1 of every color: Turn all tiles into random environment tiles, add 1 3 turn countdown tile that will destroy all tiles (gain AP).

Mojovision (Black, passive)

L1 Whenever opponent matches red, gain 1 purple AP (+1)
    L2 Whenever opponent matches green, gain 1 purple AP (+1)
    L3 Whenever opponent matches yellow, gain 1 purple AP (+1)
    L4 Whenever opponent matches red, yellow, or green, gain 1 AP of every color (+1)
    L5 Whenever opponent matches red, yellow, or green, gain +2 AP of every color; opponent gains +2 AP of every color.

THERE!
  • How about this one...

Rogue***

[Environmental] Residual Personalities - Passive
    Years of absorbing powers has left fragments of hundreds of people in Rogue's mind and anything around may have unexpected effects. Each time environmental tiles are matched, Rogue deals xxx damage to another random character. (This power is overwritten by Rogue's Black power)

Level 2: Reduces damage done by 10%.
    Level 3: Also destroys 2 random tiles.
    Level 4: Also swaps 4 random tiles.
    Level 5: Also turns one random environmental tile into a critical tile.

[Green] Flying Punch - 11 AP
    Rogue combines her powers of flight and super strength into a powerful attack. Deals xxx damage to target enemy and destroys 4 random tiles. Does not generate AP.

Level 2: Destroys 6 tiles.
    Level 3: Destroys 8 tiles.
    Level 4: Destroys 10 tiles.
    Level 5: Destroys 11 tiles and stuns the target for 1 turn.

[Black] Absorb Power - 12 AP
    Rogue's mere touch drains abilities out of her target giving her amazing versatility. Rogue's color values and critical multiplier become the same as the target character and her Residual Personalities power is replaced by one selected power from the target for one turn. (All numeric values are adjusted based on Rogue's level)

Level 2: Increases the duration to 2 turns.
    Level 3: Deals xxx damage to the target.
    Level 4: Increases the duration to 3 turns.
    Level 5: Also disable's the target's version of the copied ability for the duration of the effect.

I particularly like the idea of her being able to steal powers from lvl 40-50 1* characters and ramping them up to her current level : )
  • Coolest thread ever.

Here's my attempt.

Mojo

Mojoworld (Passive)

L1 Every time environment tiles are matched, both layers lose one AP from every color (-1).

Mojoverse

L2 3 purple, 2 blue: Create 5 environment tiles at random, plus 5 city tiles at random (gain AP).
    L3 3 purple, 1 blue, 1 black: Create 5 environment tiles at random, 5 city tiles at random, 5 desert tiles at random (gain AP).
    L4 3 purple, 2 yellow: Create 5 environment tiles at random; turn all red tiles into city tiles (gain AP).
    L5 1 of every color: Turn all tiles into random environment tiles, add 1 3 turn countdown tile that will destroy all tiles (gain AP).

Mojovision (passive)

L4 Whenever opponent matches red, yellow, or green, gain 1 AP of every color (+1)
    L5 Whenever opponent matches red, yellow, or green, gain +2 AP of every color; opponent gains +2 AP of every color.

THERE!
    You haven't said which power is asociated with witch colour, also you haven't given ap cost.
  • bongo king wrote:
    Coolest thread ever.

Here's my attempt.

Mojo

Mojoworld (Passive)

Mojoverse

Mojovision (passive)

THERE!
    You haven't said which power is asociated with witch colour, also you haven't given ap cost.[/qusoul]

Whoops.

Mojoworld: Blue like your heart
    Mojoverse: Purple like your liver
    Mojovision: Black like your soul

Have fun with Mojo, Storm (Modern), and hmmm, maybe Hulk for tanking.

Will edit the post. Thanks.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have got another idea as well as colossus

Star rating: 2
    Pyro (brotherhood of evil mutant)
    Health: medium
    Tile affinity: red/yellow/black

(Red) flamethrower - 8 ap
    Pyro fires a stream of flames at all his enemies.
    Level 1: does xxx damage to all enemies
    Level 2: + 10% damage
    Level 3: + 25% damage
    Level 4: enemies loose 1ap of each colour
    Level 5: cost 3ap less

(Yellow) fireball - 8ap
    Pyro launches fire balls at his enemy destroying tiles as he does dealing damage but generating no ap.
    Level 1: x damage, destroy random a 3x3 block
    Level 2: destroys a 4x4 block
    Level 3: destroys 2, 3x3 blocks
    Level 4: destroys 2, 4x4 blocks
    Level 5: desroyed colour tiles are replaced with attack tiles

(Black) wall of flame - passive
    Pyro creates a wall of flame whenever he feels endangered
    Level 1: damages attacking enemies 10% of their damage if pyro is below 10% health
    Level 2: damages attacking enemies 25% of their damage if pyro is below 20% health
    Level 3: damages attacking enemies 35% of their damage if pyro is below 25% health
    Level 4: attacking enemies loose 1ap of each of their affiliated colours when attacking during wall of flame
    Level 5: damages attacking enemies 50% of their damage, pyro takes 20% less damage