Iso to max level?

So today, I invested a few dollars in maxing the covers on my Hulk. After doing so, I went through my roster to figure out who could I cut from my roster in order to use their ISO-8 to level up my Hulk.

Before I sold the character, I noticed my Hulk took only about 91k to max. So, I sold my character and got 10k ISO-8 to level them. Guess what? As soon as I did that, the ISO-8 amount to level up my Hulk went up to almost 100k.

I don't know if this is a glitch, or some desperate money grab. I would NOT have sold my character if I had known that they would just boost up the ISO-8 price after selling it. MPQ, I love this game, I have invested 100s of dollars in playing, but that is a very dishonest tactic you have going there.

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've noticed a glitch where the "iso to max" a character often doesn't list the price to go to 166, but some other lower level. It seems random. So yours might have been reporting the amount for a lower level at first, and then the next time you checked it, it might have reported the true max.

Never reported this, but I pretty much never use that button anyways.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not a bug, just a weird UI choice that I have never seen explained or understood. The button to spend lots of Iso at once doesn't tell you how much Iso you require to MAX a character. Depending on the level of your character and the Iso you have, it picks a random(?) level and tells you how much Iso you need to reach that level. If you looked carefully, you'd have noticed that 91k would get you to level 140 or something like that.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    The max level listed is the level you can take the character based on your current ISO + the largest ISO bundle you can purchase in the store. I agree it can be confusing.
  • Here's the thing that bugs me about it. My Hulk is fully covered. Which means he already had the propensity to level up to 166. The character I sold, yield 10k. The price to max him out went from 90-91k to almost 100k immediately. I think that it is dishonest. This is not the first time that this happened to me. When I maxed out my Steve Rogers, I sold a bunch of my max level 2's because I knew it would be fairly easy to rebuild that segment of my roster. And as soon as I sold them, the ISO-8 amount to level him up, went up drastically.

The only reason why I did not say anything before, was because I thought that maybe I was mistaken.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    It's the max level you can go to using current ISO and buying the biggest ISO from the store. It will say what level it goes to. For instance I have a 127 dp and to max him to 166 is another 87k. So it's a lot.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Here's the thing that bugs me about it. My Hulk is fully covered. Which means he already had the propensity to level up to 166. The character I sold, yield 10k. The price to max him out went from 90-91k to almost 100k immediately. I think that it is dishonest. This is not the first time that this happened to me. When I maxed out my Steve Rogers, I sold a bunch of my max level 2's because I knew it would be fairly easy to rebuild that segment of my roster. And as soon as I sold them, the ISO-8 amount to level him up, went up drastically.

The only reason why I did not say anything before, was because I thought that maybe I was mistaken.

The price to max him didn't go up and they weren't being dishonest.

After you sold your character what you saw was a higher level for which they were telling you the cost to take it to. Sorry about the awkward sentence

IOW before selling it said something like "91k to take to level 162" it says this because it takes your current iso reserves and the iso you would get from kings ransom, adds them together and tells you where that would allow you to level a hero to.

After you sold your character you had 10k more. Then it said something like 100k to take to level 166". Now you have more iso and its telling you what level you could take him to with your current iso and (once again) a kings ransom purchase.

Calm down.
  • I remember seeing a version of this when they increased the amount of iso in the Mother Lode so it led to the level/iso amount going up because now that Mother Lode is worth more you can raise your character to a higher level compared to before and there were a lot of confusion too.
  • Thanks for the clarity!
  • Okay so you can't post pictures that doesn't help well here goes nothing I have a 3 star character(Patch) with 11 covers and the purple jump button says that it will take 58300 and something iso to level him up to 1:40 I also have a three-star character that has 11 covers and is at level 130 can only go to 1:40 and it takes 20,000 ISO. So in theory it would take Patch 38300 and something to get to 130. I have a third 3 star character that can go to 164 and it has all of its covers why doesn't show me 166 I don't know but it tells me that it's going to take 76507 points to go from 1:30 to 164 doing the math I don't see where it's going to take 172000 ISO to level up my patch I'll see when I get his next two covers but I was trying to figure out in advance and I was reading the previous comments and I'm a little concerned that whenever I sell my 2 Star characters that are level out at 1:44 that the bar is going to change and that really would be screwed up does anyone know if it is in fact cheaper to use the purple jump button as opposed to leveling them up one level at a time because really I'm approximating around a hundred and fifteen thousand yeah I've seen no mention of a cost that low just going by what I'm seeing on the purple jump button but from what I've read doesn't seem too reliable
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Karmakaze wrote:
    Okay so you can't post pictures that doesn't help well here goes nothing I have a 3 star character(Patch) with 11 covers and the purple jump button says that it will take 58300 and something iso to level him up to 1:40 I also have a three-star character that has 11 covers and is at level 130 can only go to 1:40 and it takes 20,000 ISO. So in theory it would take Patch 38300 and something to get to 130. I have a third 3 star character that can go to 164 and it has all of its covers why doesn't show me 166 I don't know but it tells me that it's going to take 76507 points to go from 1:30 to 164 doing the math I don't see where it's going to take 172000 ISO to level up my patch I'll see when I get his next two covers but I was trying to figure out in advance and I was reading the previous comments and I'm a little concerned that whenever I sell my 2 Star characters that are level out at 1:44 that the bar is going to change and that really would be screwed up does anyone know if it is in fact cheaper to use the purple jump button as opposed to leveling them up one level at a time because really I'm approximating around a hundred and fifteen thousand yeah I've seen no mention of a cost that low just going by what I'm seeing on the purple jump button but from what I've read doesn't seem too reliable
    The purple button shows how high you can get the character with your current ISO stash and a Mother Lode purchase. It's meant to motivate you to buy ISO.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    It's also been like this the entire time. I've been playing for nearly 3 years now and it's been like this since my first day.

I wouldn't count on it being changed either. It's not a bug, and the fact that OP didn't read the text of the button really can't be put on the devs.
  • Quebbster
    It's also been like this the entire time. I've been playing for nearly 3 years now and it's been like this since my first day.

I wouldn't count on it being changed either. It's not a bug, and the fact that OP didn't read the text of the button really can't be put on the devs.
    Case in Point: This thread is almost two years old, and all the info I posted was covered in earlier posts from two years ago. Which I realized only after posting. It was true then and it's true now.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    This 'feature' is also a returning guest on the "Bugs & Technical issues" board since day 1 I think. Guilty of posting one myself in the past :$
    Good game design icon_cool.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sick necro.

If only there was a way to stop this from happening.
    [cue Sepia tone infomercial cutaway]
  • Quebbster
    Mawtful wrote:
    Sick necro.

It should be possible to lock all threads that haven't been Active in a long time automatically. Agreeing what is "a long time" may be tricky though.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:

Case in Point: This thread is almost two years old, and all the info I posted was covered in earlier posts from two years ago. Which I realized only after posting. It was true then and it's true now.

Well don't I feel like a tinykitty for not paying attention to a number after calling out OP for doing exactly that.
    Quebbster wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Sick necro.

It should be possible to lock all threads that haven't been Active in a long time automatically. Agreeing what is "a long time" may be tricky though.

6 months? 1 year? I'd say those are both pretty safe numbers.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    It's just a bad UI design. The reachable and max levels are shown but very small, the ISO needed is not there at all. Instead they have that huge button showing how far buying the ridiculously priced motherlode will take you without telling you what the number means until you find out. Hopefully they have that on the agenda now that they started to look into usability a little lately.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always thought that was a bug. Ultimately I'm glad to know this, but that's a really dumb setup...
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    There should really be an extra button or two. Here's how it should read:

1) (Yellow box) Upgrade one level - (Display Iso Cost)
    2) (Purple box) Upgrade to Max Level (Display that level) with current Iso.
    3) (Green box) Upgrade to Max Level (Display that level) with purchase of a Stark Salary. -Button links you to store page.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ye thread of old I command thee RISE!!!! and live yet again!!!

sheesh