Deadpool vs. MPQ: Oct. 10 - 12

Options

Comments

• xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    Anyone else just skipping the Fury, GSBW node? Goon feeding green for sniper rifle 1 shot is not my idea of fun... It's worth less points than most of the other nodes too. You kinda have to hope for them to place tons of countdown tiles instead of saving for the sniper rifle and then Fury can always ruin your day too.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd be very surprised if anybody's seriously grinding it. Fury with a ton of levels, a feeder, a green AOE kill strike, and I can't use OBW? Pass.
  • I haven't done it once. Admittedly, this is not the hardest I've ever grinded a PVE. I'm just in this for tokens at this point.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a node that looks scary but in reality it tends to go down pretty easy (the goon almost always throws down a CD since Sniper is so expensive and Fury is too slow to be a real threat most of the time)...some of the upcoming Villian nodes are a pain and will be skipped.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    edited October 2014
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    It's a node that looks scary but in reality it tends to go down pretty easy (the goon almost always throws down a CD since Sniper is so expensive and Fury is too slow to be a real threat most of the time)...some of the upcoming Villian nodes are a pain and will be skipped.

I didn't find it especially difficult either. Targeted icon_blackwidow.png just in case the goon didn't put down a countdown.
  • The hardest node on the hero side is probably Punisher + Daredevil + Patch just because they're a team that sort of make sense and they've very high levels. Nick Fury has high level but 4* scales far worse than 3*s and they really only have one strong move (Sniper Rifle). You only have to race to green because every move from Nick Fury takes too long to use. In terms of quality I'd think X Force node would be the hardest but that's still on the easy branch so it's likely to be at half of your character's level.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I didn't actually have too much trouble with Punny, Patch and Daredevil - Cap and Falcon however, ruined me multiple times. Didn't matter what I did or who I used, Cap kept getting enough red to start throwing frisbees and it was all downhill from there icon_cry.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I didn't actually have too much trouble with Punny, Patch and Daredevil - Cap and Falcon however, ruined me multiple times. Didn't matter what I did or who I used, Cap kept getting enough red to start throwing frisbees and it was all downhill from there icon_cry.gif

Totally agree with you. Towards the end, I skipped Fury's node and Cap's. Cap's red kept taking me out. The good thing was, that the Pun/Patch/DD node was worth more than both Fury and Cap combined, so I didn't lose much by skipping those 2 nodes.
  • Are the nodes scaled towards your highest level guy? I've got a limited roster but have been fairly succesfull so far, other than the last node in this new Villains.

ISO-8? What ISO-8? has Hulk, DP and Dinosaur all at level 121 for me. My guys are Spidey (145), OBW (118), 2* Wolvie (114)... then i go down to White Storm at 94 and 2* Thor at 94...

Anyway, that node has been rough on me, no success yet... any suggestions would be welcome!

Still a fun couple of days so far with boosted iso, very useful.

Keops
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The hardest node on the hero side is probably Punisher + Daredevil + Patch just because they're a team that sort of make sense and they've very high levels. Nick Fury has high level but 4* scales far worse than 3*s and they really only have one strong move (Sniper Rifle). You only have to race to green because every move from Nick Fury takes too long to use. In terms of quality I'd think X Force node would be the hardest but that's still on the easy branch so it's likely to be at half of your character's level.

Through this node I discovered a great way to deal with Patch - if you have a Hulk with 5 anger, stick him in the way when "Berserker Rage" goes off. The Rage and boosted hits will generate 2-4 anger tiles, and the return boosted shots will hit his whole team. It's not WR, but it's free... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    50 HP for one, or 5,000 for ten. MATH.
    Normally 500HP for one. 50HP is just the DD.

I didn't even check to see the daily deal. 50HP was a steal, even if I just got ISO.

Turns out the first one I buy has a green Devil Dino cover in it. Sometimes I can be lucky too, I guess o.o
  • Keops wrote:
    Are the nodes scaled towards your highest level guy? I've got a limited roster but have been fairly succesfull so far, other than the last node in this new Villains.

ISO-8? What ISO-8? has Hulk, DP and Dinosaur all at level 121 for me. My guys are Spidey (145), OBW (118), 2* Wolvie (114)... then i go down to White Storm at 94 and 2* Thor at 94...

Anyway, that node has been rough on me, no success yet... any suggestions would be welcome!

Keops

They're based on your highest character but each node has its own scaling, and some node may have a minimum difficulty setting too.

There's nothing interesting to do on that node. You got to take out Deadpool first because Devil Dino has way too many hit points so you can't possibly burst him around Deadpool's black, though if you got any attack that will overkill Deadpool, use it on Devil Dino first since Devil Dino obviously can lose a ton of HP before he has less HP than Deadpool. Do not let them get green at all costs, and try to keep them away from red while Deadpool is alive. The other colors should be okay as long as you didn't fall asleep on the purple. If possible have someone who can regen or at least the person with the least HP take Deadpool's red. OBW's Anti-Grav does enough to matter against the red as long as it's on someone with low HP, like herself. Once Deadpool is down it's just a simple game of keeping them away from green and optionally red (though sometimes Smash may help you in this setup for its ability to drain greens), which can be harder than it looks but that's all there is to it.
  • Keops wrote:
    Are the nodes scaled towards your highest level guy? I've got a limited roster but have been fairly succesfull so far, other than the last node in this new Villains.

Keops

i guess 10k ISO (2x5000 rewards) will inspire you to finish it.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Spidey/OBW/Wolverine is the best team for that node, so you're on a good start there. You may want to give yourself a boost to blue/purple and red/yellow if you find yourself really needing help getting started, but the general idea is to tear through Deadpool as quickly as possible, like Phantron said, and then manage DD and Hulk very carefully. My plan of attack goes something like this: Target Deadpool and gather all the green and red I can, using Feral Slash as soon as there's no red match presenting itself. Once there are strike tiles out, Espionaging him to death is a quick process. Once he's down, go after DD, denying green at all costs (Aggressive Recon is a big help there, of course). If they manage to get 10+ green, stun Hulk so he can't use Thunderous Clap; Prehistoric Bite hurts like the dickens, but it can't cause a cascade. After DD bites the dust, you ought to have enough blue saved up to stunlock Hulk in order to prevent Anger from triggering while you beat him down.
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is Men of Mythtery supposed to lock when completed? I only got the crit. boost reward from it and now it shows as completed (red). Kind of sucks.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Yeah, all the nodes where you team up with Deadpool are one-shot.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I've had good luck on 'Iso-8? what Iso-8?'. I've saved that one for last each time, as i always figure I can skip it if my teams are smashed, instead of starting with the node and likely needed health packs even if I won. I've beat it a couple times with only max obw/c.storm/MnMags, where I've boosted +3 b/p and +50% crit, plus brought along a cheap or useless teamup in the hopes of getting a decent one from the node if cleared. (only getting boost drops from the node tho. icon_rolleyes.gif ) I focused down deadpool to just over 3600, at which point I had 22+ blue, where I used windstorm on hulk, then devil dino successively, dropping deadpool. It allowed me to clean green off the board without worrying too much about squishy storm, and with obw boosted, picking up blues/purples goes even quicker. Most polarity shifts and wind storms I had to use in a match tho. The node was lvl 178's last I beat it.

The other tactic has been to use my unbuffed 107 Lcap with obw and a 0/1/1 IM40 (he really is more useful than bullseye Locked, you were right!). Again, been lucky, as I was always ahead with purple waiting to be used on AR, meanwhile anytime cap picked up a few yellow matches its free reds for Frisbee throws. I saved my blues for the final hulk stunlock, with the exception of having to keep obw alive in one match after an unlucky DD bite. I know it could go bad in a hurry, but when things are going well, this team almost feels like cheating. icon_e_wink.gif

As for the overall event, looking like a top 50 placement at best. I don't seem to gain much ground in the main even doing ~2.5 hr clears. Missed too many clears between sleep and work during the work week, but I guess missing out on GSBW covers isn't the end of the world, right? Still, 5/3/2 woulda been a lot nicer than 4/3/1. I miss the days where I could grind the tinykitties out of an event and grab 3 covers.
  • This is pretty funny. I'm transitioning to a 3* roster and so I only have patch and BP as characters above lvl 100 (patch is 145, I bought covers with the sale).

So it turns out that if you're in this position, you can just completely demolish all the nodes with no difficulty at all. It got to the point where I'm playing "Top the biggest crit" with obw+patch+mnmags. Personal scaling is completely unbalanced, but I'm guessing my position isn't too common so it's not a problem.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ... I brought out Marvel Now Magneto only to have the opposing side spit out Classic Magneto TU.

• I played a lonnnnng match on the ISO8? What ISO8? node. I was out of health packs, and my fully leveled characters were low health, so I picked 107/197 buffed Spiderman, 107 Falcon and 107 Captain Marvel to go up against their 186 Hulk, 187 Deadpool and 186 Devil Dinosaur... No big hitters for me, but oh so many protective shields from falcon purple and spidey purple-match. Took three of each of ISO-purchased AP boosts, and began...
    ...and kept going...and going...and going....
    Deadpool went down first, followed some time later by Devil Dinosaur. Hulk kept trying to use his skills on me but with the sheer number of protect tiles on the board (lots of them boosted by Falcon yellow matches) it was easily healed back up by Spidey's burst of health. Eventually, he went down and I had to go take a ****.

TL;DR - Won long match, used bathroom.