Now that we have 5 4*s

Options

Comments

• h4n1s wrote:
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Ummm wasnt DD a star.png or did i miss something?

Guys please do not abbreviate Devil Dinosaur as DD! We already have DD - Dr. Doom and DD - DareDevil ...

@D3/Demiurge - Please don't release following characters, think responsibly, we don't need more DDs in the game anymore:

Devos the Devastator
    Doctor Decibel
    Don of the Dead
    Damon Dran
    Durok the Demolisher
    Dweller-in-Darkness
    Doctor Demonicus
    Doctor Dorcas
    Doctor Druid

I disagree. You can never have enough double d's.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    there aren't really enough good 4*s to be running a 4* only team

I beg to differ. I see a TON of people with 270XF/270Fury in PVPs these days. I see even more where XF was stopped around 220 and Fury is in the 200s.

Which isn't a 4*-only team. It's two 4*s and a third person. If there were a bunch of teams of those two plus IW, I'd agree with you.

That's both because IW sucks and that most events do not allow you to choose your third character so even if IW is as good as X Force/Nick Fury, it is not possible to put such a team together due to the game's restrictions. But if IW was as good as X Force you'd definitely want a team like X Force/Nick Fury/IW.

I think very soon (in three months icon_razz.gif) we are going to start seeing XForce/Fury/GThor (Girl Thor) A LOT in PvP, specially in SHIELD vs. I am sure that GThor is going to be a really good character, on par or a little better than LThor. So people with money or in the best alliances is goint to max her really fast.

I think 4 character teams is too much to handle. Games would be longer, it is more easy to have unbalanced matches, etc. etc. So I hope they never implement thi type of game.

PS: DD is DareDevil.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was hoping this thread was going to be, "Now that we have 5 4*s, can we have some way to earn more ISO, like maybe lightning rounds 24/7?"

From my perspective, the only thing increasing formation size would do is limit my play time by making my rotation burn through characters faster. If "party of 5" or whatever became an extra playmode, fine, but I don't want to see anything like that become the default.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Devil Dinosaur will be the first new 1 star.png

Imagine the rage....it would be.......glorious.

I was thinking about this too earlier and I kinda hope he is and think he could be. Maybe with 3 powers that are all equally good and/or some form of special ability that actually makes him usable in teams above the 1* level (ie. the former Mod. Storm before her Red got nerfed). A Deadpool sort of character in terms of presentation. A Gold 1*, if you will.

Thor is coming as a 4*, Iron Patriot (some are saying 4*, is this official?) maybe and with Fury and X-Force still in very limited use (outside of the top players), I can't imagine they will put out another one - in particular as this is one of the first interpretations of new Thor, they aren't going to want the message muddled by a dinosaur. I would imagine this reason alone (him being released around the same time) would be enough to have him as anything BUT a 4*. Also we've just had a few new 3*s recently in relatively quick succesion, so that could be a factor and 2* Ms. Marvel is coming soon.

Of course I could be completely wrong and we are at the start of a slow torrent of 4*'s.
  • Devil Dinosaur will be the first new 1 star.png

Imagine the rage....it would be.......glorious.

But imagine him scaled up to 270 for Balance of Power. Make Juggs look like Yelena.
  • There's nothing wrong with a 270 XF / 270 Fury / Featured character team. Maybe you've been around too long to have experienced the joy of having your 94 cStorm / 94 mMagneto / Featured Character team getting creamed by 3* 166-fest team after 3* 166-fest team while you desperately but futilely try to claw your way to 700 points. Well, you know what they say about Karma... "take it easy". No wait, that's cadbury's caramel I'm thinking of.
  • Knyghtmare
    Options
    Devil Dinosaur is definitely not a 4*. After having 4* be extremely rare, they are not going to release two in a row.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Dang it! If I'd known this would be the one time IceX would directly reply to something I'd asked I'd have made it a better question.
    Well in answer to the other part of the question, the cameo Devil Dino is 1*. The one being released in more regularly playable format is 4*.

I will never question you again Phantron. All hail our new dinosaur overlords.
  • Am I the only person that checked Devil Dino's cameo and noticed he's been bump up to 4 stars from 1 star? I thought everyone knew that already. He was 1* but during one of the events if you check his stats, he's now a 4* so that's why I assume the released version is also 4*.
  • What cameo are you talking about?
  • I really thought that thread was ludicrous.

Then I read the anniversary thread, and saw that Dino is indeed a 4*...

Speechless. Don't want to make any comment until I see the Anniversary Pack or get more information about him.

They better have sales soon or decrease the price of Iso again...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there confirmation that Iron Patriot is a 4*? I've seen it mentioned a few places but missed if a dev said it.

That would then take us up to 6 of them - IW, X-Force Wolvie, Fury, DevilDino, Thor is 5.
  • it seems d3 wants ppl to move from 3 star.png to 4 star.png . I need to rob iso from D3 for that to happen.
  • The Top 10 Alliances "could" grind so much Iso, but what about the rest of the players ?

I just hope thor will be available throughout Season 7,8 and 9, so that it gives us the time to grind the Iso. But Dino is another story. He might be useless, so he would not become a priority...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The Top 10 Alliances "could" grind so much Iso, but what about the rest of the players ?

I just hope thor will be available throughout Season 7,8 and 9, so that it gives us the time to grind the Iso. But Dino is another story. He might be useless, so he would not become a priority...
    There are so many people I've never even heard of in 5-10 man alliances who somehow have a 270 maxed out, some times 2, whereas there are plenty of people in my alliance who have been playing since the start who don't even have 1. Who even grind the hell out of the LRs too. No idea where all this iso8.png is apparently coming from
  • Spoit wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The Top 10 Alliances "could" grind so much Iso, but what about the rest of the players ?

There are so many people I've never even heard of in 5-10 man alliances who somehow have a 270 maxed out, some times 2, whereas there are plenty of people in my alliance who have been playing since the start who don't even have 1. Who even grind the hell out of the LRs too. No idea where all this iso8.png is apparently coming from

A 4* costs about the same as 3 3*s in terms of iso and when you put it in those terms it's not very unusual to have 4*s maxed. Keep in mind boosts + skip often results in getting negative iso 8 for an event. I remember even back when boosts were half the cost I ended up losing iso in PvP events since they're cheap enough to be used every fight but if you use them every fight the cost still adds up, and that was half the cost and boosts still dropped normally as well back then.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Ummm wasnt DD a star.png or did i miss something?

Guys please do not abbreviate Devil Dinosaur as DD! We already have DD - Dr. Doom and DD - DareDevil ...

@D3/Demiurge - Please don't release following characters, think responsibly, we don't need more DDs in the game anymore:

Devos the Devastator
    Doctor Decibel
    Don of the Dead
    Damon Dran
    Durok the Demolisher
    Dweller-in-Darkness
    Doctor Demonicus
    Doctor Dorcas
    Doctor Druid

I disagree. You can never have enough double d's.

Disney owns Marvel, right? Darkwing Duck cross-over, please.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

A 4* costs about the same as 3 3*s in terms of iso and when you put it in those terms it's not very unusual to have 4*s maxed. Keep in mind boosts + skip often results in getting negative iso 8 for an event. I remember even back when boosts were half the cost I ended up losing iso in PvP events since they're cheap enough to be used every fight but if you use them every fight the cost still adds up, and that was half the cost and boosts still dropped normally as well back then.
    Uh...I seriously wonder how bad your boosting habit is if you're net losing ISO in a pvp. The 5k iso8.png from top 5 alone is....a hell of a lot of boosts.

EDIT: Unless I'm misremembering...wasn't it only an average of 120 ISO a match in order to boost, so you only had an average loss of like 15 ISO a match boosting?

EDIT 2: sorry, 100+100+200=400/3 = 133.33 ISO a match, compared to an average gain of 140+70/2=105. a 28 ISO loss a match....riiiiight
  • Good points from you when it comes to skip tax, boost...

Some players focus on the characters they can play in PvP. Which is.... VERY FEW. In the last months, who was worth levelling ? Deadpool and Colossus... In 2 months... You can add XForce if you did not bother levelling him before (but you had all the covers if you are a Top 10 player).

So big players can max XForce or Fury.

If you spend your Iso wisely, you can get the Iso for a 4* each month. And even more.

The Iso price will have to drop again, since it will take more than 7 Million Iso to get a complete roster by the end of the year. And the big spenders (who are not the richest) are the ones who would collect them all.

Still, I don't see the point of not releasing any 4* for 3 months, and then 2 at the same time. And then nothing for a long time. Unless, as one pointed out, they will make the big players make the transition from 3* to 4*... Don't even want to think about it.

Still VERY curious about the Anniversary Pack.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With the increase in 4* covers, they ought to change the way you can earn one. I envision top 5 pvp get one, but they lose out in the 3* covers offered. Eases everyone's transition, and help keeps brackets with new 4*'s a tiny bit sane. shieldgrey.png