Fatal Attraction - Sep 25 - 27 - Season VI

Options
2»

Comments

• HairyDave wrote:

Which thankfully isn't a chore with X-Force and Falcon in tow icon_lol.gif

I was running icon_daken.pngicon_thor.pngicon_falcon.png, but I just took XF icon_wolverine.png up to 166 yesterday, so I saw this and figured I'd try him instead of icon_thor.png. Also quite fun, good call.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    3/1/1 Ldaken not doing me many favors for this one. He needs hpacks just as much as any other character, so more often than not I end up having to run the loaner, as there are no spare hpacks with a heroic pve going on. As glad as I am to not have to deal with all the sentry bomb teams quite yet, this level of play is no less frustrating.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

Which thankfully isn't a chore with X-Force and Falcon in tow icon_lol.gif

I was running icon_daken.pngicon_thor.pngicon_falcon.png, but I just took XF icon_wolverine.png up to 166 yesterday, so I saw this and figured I'd try him instead of icon_thor.png. Also quite fun, good call.
    The most fun I've had so far is picking on Hulks who go to therapy (i.e. less than four blackflag.png ) - get them riled up and then drop Surgical Strike. You can even add some Chemical Reaction to mix for extra green icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Intend to climb to 1100 for my 13th Daken cover but I don't expect to meet that when I hit the sea of 249 Dakens.
  • Doing an experiment and defending with Daken-Patch-BP instead of Daken-Patch-Loki to see if it gets me any less attacks (or at least more wins.) Doubtful on because BP might keep Daken from using his blue, but we'll see.
    Intend to climb to 1100 for my 13th Daken cover but I don't expect to meet that when I hit the sea of 249 Dakens.

Lol, I've been seeing that since the 700s. Actually I'm more worried about all the 230+ level X-Forces.

But my best score in months hasn't approached 1000, I just don't have the HP (or the desire) to shield hop enough to reach it. And I have no need of Psylocke covers, so I think I'll just see how far I can get with no or maybe with just a 3 hour shield.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    Ugh. I wanted to try and push for top 5 this morning in order to get the last black Psy cover I need to respec her, but I'm sitting in 22nd place and for the life of me, I can't find any matches that are actually worth something. I just skipped about thirty opponents, and didn't get a single team worth more than 26 points, with most being below 20. Do I really want to fight a maxed LDaken/Sentry/Hood with my 1/3/2 LDaken and 3/1/4 Hood for 26 points? No I don't. Especially since I need to gain over 200 points to hit top 5, and I don't think that's going to happen at this rate.

My score isn't even that high! Is every single person above me shielded? Is everyone really that desperate for Psylocke covers? Sheesh.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I've come to conclusion that if I'm to hit a match without boosts, I'm more likely to lose against an XForce/Sentry than I am others. His green hits like a truck when you least expect it. I may have to start trying to obtain those last 3 green covers I need.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm a 2*-3* transition player, my *** are barely playable with their few covers and I don't even have all playable ** maxed out.
    So, my resources are quite limited but I'm still trying to do something but to no purpose for the last time . After approximately 500 in PvP I can only see the 166 wall above me and same 166 kicking me from beneath. I cannot go further, I try and to hold my position against 90teams like me, until I'm out healing packs. As a result I don't even get top 100... Maybe I'm suspicious but this started to happen after recent updates - few previous events were like that including this one. I hoped it was just "bad luck" but It happening again and again.
    It's disappointing. In any sport they have a weight categories. No one puts 40 kilo newbie against 100 kilo monsters. Why the tynikitty we have to face 166 teams (and even over200, like **** + boosted main character) to get just ONE tynikitty *** cover.. That's ridiculous. Developers must really fix something... But, may be, I know the answer - it's all to make us to "Pay harder! With vengeance" icon_e_biggrin.gificon_twisted.gif
  • QuantumLeaper that was one of the most brutal finishes ever.

Back and Forth all the way up to the end. I couldn't create a lead big enough to get you to quit chasing me. With time winding down I do another hop to push above 1700, I quickly shield up and go to check the rankings and I realize I'm only 30 points or so ahead of you, so I start looking for another match. But before I start it I go to check the rankings again, and literally cringed, I couldn't believe you got blasted for 300 points in that short amount of time. Brutal.
  • Made 950 points, retained top 10 position, not a single shield used icon_e_smile.gif