Real Steel - Season VI 20 -22 Sep

Options

Comments

• Gonna coast through this one. My hulk is maxed and plenty ticked.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any tips in reaching 1100? I really want that Colossus's black, but I'm not sure that it's possible without spending thousands of HP in shield-hopping. Specially since I'm usually placed in brackets that top 1 at just around 1200-1300.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Any tips in reaching 1100? I really want that Colossus's black, but I'm not sure that it's possible without spending thousands of HP in shield-hopping. Specially since I'm usually placed in brackets that top 1 at just around 1200-1300.

It depends on your roster... if you've got any maxed 3*s, especially the best ones (Sentry/Hood/LD/LT/Patch), you should be able to reach it with minimal shield hops. If you're still in 2* or 3* transition, it will definitely be a lot harder.
  • Joining earlier leads to higher point totals in general, especially if you pick up 150 from the bots.

After that it's mostly shield hopping once you reach 800+.
  • Now I know why the in-game model for Colossus looks so sad: he just wants to have friends. He feels so alone on the Real Steel cover pack screen; why does everyone else always have 2 buddies?
  • flnn1 wrote:
    Now I know why the in-game model for Colossus looks so sad: he just wants to have friends. He feels so alone on the Real Steel cover pack screen; why does everyone else always have 2 buddies?

Yes, they really should be Russian to Putin more friends for Piotr, no idea why they're Stalin. Having more characters for him should be something they try to Chekhov their to-do list. Ivan to bet that he'd really like Dmitri or four new friends. I can't imagine what a Boris is for him.
  • j12601 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    Now I know why the in-game model for Colossus looks so sad: he just wants to have friends. He feels so alone on the Real Steel cover pack screen; why does everyone else always have 2 buddies?
    Yes, they really should be Russian to Putin more friends for Piotr, no idea why they're Stalin. Having more characters for him should be something they try to Chekhov their to-do list. Ivan to bet that he'd really like Dmitri or four new friends. I can't imagine what a Boris is for him.
    Wow, just... wow icon_lol.gif
    How long did it take you to come up with that?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm honestly not sure if I should give that a huge thumbs up or a massive thumbs down.
  • flnn1 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    Wow, just... wow icon_lol.gif
    How long did it take you to come up with that?

Is it bad that I typed it all on the spot?
  • The PvP I have been waiting for, always a huge fan of hulk and desperate in need to bump up my 3/1/1 hulk.

I manage to built up my colossus pretty good, he is now at 3/2/2 lvl 89 (buffed to 134 for real steal pvp)

how many would skip my team if you see it?

L134 Colossus
    L155 LDaken
    L140 Sentry / L130 LThor (not sure which is better for defense yet)

Im really hoping since 90% of the players dont have colossus, they will want to skip my team. And with this I hope I can shoot for a very high position.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    The PvP I have been waiting for, always a huge fan of hulk and desperate in need to bump up my 3/1/1 hulk.

I manage to built up my colossus pretty good, he is now at 3/2/2 lvl 89 (buffed to 134 for real steal pvp)

L134 Colossus
    L155 LDaken

Im really hoping since 90% of the players dont have colossus, they will want to skip my team. And with this I hope I can shoot for a very high position.
    If I see it, I'd attack it without much hesitation. The only real problem is Daken but he can be dispacted quick enough with 2 color boosts.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    silverrex wrote:

L134 Colossus
    L155 LDaken

Depends on how high your points get. If you're over ~800, you'll get eaten alive with unmaxed characters.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Joining earlier leads to higher point totals in general, especially if you pick up 150 from the bots.

After that it's mostly shield hopping once you reach 800+.

The seed teams are nice, but I find that when I start early I have trouble finding valuable opponents, because most people have less points than I. It also opens me to profitable retaliations very early. In other words, I find myself in the situation one normally is after going over 800 points, from the very beginning.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So anyone have any idea why this Season is only 21 days verses the 28 Season V was?

It'll make it harder for the non-elites to get the 10x pack at 5000pts.

I had ~6500 with 4 weeks, so I should be able to, but my pals on my alliance who aren't as good, have no hope with once less week.
  • Pylgrim
    Options
    fnedude wrote:
    So anyone have any idea why this Season is only 21 days verses the 28 Season V was?

It'll make it harder for the non-elites to get the 10x pack at 5000pts.

I had ~6500 with 4 weeks, so I should be able to, but my pals on my alliance who aren't as good, have no hope with once less week.

Er, Season V was exactly like this one. Seasons haven't been like what you describe since IV. Now you get the 10x pack at 4k.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Here in 2* land, even the loaner colossus helps make the climb easier. Full health every fight and parks himself out front for a few turns even if he doesn't tank any colors. Reminds me of my first Gsbw tournament where the loaner tanked 2-3 colors with the right combo and could almost always be called on to take an adamantium slash or something equally unpleasant. Except with Russian dude, it's power activated, and thus ultimately on demand as long as the yellow matches were made ahead of time.
  • 10 pack for this season and last season have been at 4k, I assume, because they were shorter.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh dear, of course OBW's Anti-Gravity Device extends Immovable Object. Heal, or wait and take a chance. Wrong choice a couple of times...
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's really funny to watch how Hood and OBW affect immovable object. Hood lowers the timer, which you don't want to do. And OBW increases it, which you don't want to do.

icon_lol.gif
  • Snarky remark, though....

...ha