Mistakes

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
A silly topic but might make some of us feel better about the mistakes we've made in this game:

Whether or not you knew what you were doing at the time, how many characters have you messed up?

For me:

My Thor is 3-5-5, don't use him much anymore but would like 5 red.
**Wolvie is 5-4-4, this is by no means bad but in a perfect world 5 yellow would be better.
gsBlack Widow 3-5-5, really wish I knew about this forum when I started, 5 green would have definitely been the way to go.
IM40 5-5-3, not a big deal but I think I'd prefer 4 yellow.
mStorm 5-5-3, not worth mentioning but should have been 5 black
mnMags, 5-3-5, never once used him but I think 5 in purple would be better

after the fact I wish my 5-5-3 Spidey had 5 purple but that one I don't feel as bad about because it was changed after he was done.

And of course... recruiting Bag Lady, why did I do that? icon_mrgreen.gif

Comments

• I spent 2500 HP (all earned) on two Black Doom covers so I could compete in the Lightning Rounds. Which helped and allowed me to win two Black Doom covers in the next two consecutive days.

Which I turned around and sold for 25 HP each because I didn't need them. icon_neutral.gif
  • Number one mistake I made...putting 100+k ISO into xforce wolverine. Anyone else think they accidentally flipped the power sets on the Wolvies?

Thor is 5-3-5, don't care, never used him
    Wolvie is 5-4-4. Same boat as you, but I still love him.
    IM 40 has 5 yellow. Yikes is that a high cost skill.
    Cap is 5-4-4. Awful, but again, I don't use him.

But all of my useful 3* are built exactly right, a couple by sheer luck.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Number one mistake I made...putting 100+k ISO into xforce wolverine. Anyone else think they accidentally flipped the power sets on the Wolvies?

Thor is 5-3-5, don't care, never used him
    Wolvie is 5-4-4. Same boat as you, but I still love him.
    IM 40 has 5 yellow. Yikes is that a high cost skill.
    Cap is 5-4-4. Awful, but again, I don't use him.

But all of my useful 3* are built exactly right, a couple by sheer luck.

My wolvie is a 5/5/3 but my other 3 mistakes r yours exactly. 5 yellow im40. Cap without 5 red. And Thor with 5 green. Nice. Lol
  • I lucked out and got a bunch of 2* wolverine at once and only messed him up before I swathe cap on powers

2* wolverine. 4/5/4 still an effective striker but what a loss I lvl him up to lvl 70 can't start over now lol
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    544 Thor, before I knew what the power limit was - hardly critical, just not what I'd have aimed for.

Bigger mistake was selling my Classic Storm at that time, because I had out 5 in yellow and didn't like it at all (still don't though also hate facing it!) - that was when I was prologuing so Classic Storm was dime-a-dozen, but of course those covers are one-offs... in the weeks since I have only had 2 covers for her. icon_neutral.gif
  • I bought an Avengers 10 pack. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Originally built CStorm as 5/5/3. Then they nerfed her yellow, so that one worked out in my favor.

My Iron Man mk 35 maxed his blue before I realized there was a cap. He's stuck at 3/5/5.

I also actually spent covers on Bag Man 's powers instead of selling them all.
  • PhantomFO wrote:
    I also actually spent covers on Bag Man 's powers instead of selling them all.

Hey now my 5-5-3 Bag Man is one of the best characters I have...

for tanking...

my mmr icon_neutral.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I felt so bad about messing up Wolveerine that I scrappred my level 43 and started over. My Captain America is 5/3/5 and level 66, so I'm not gonna fix him unless/until they give us a respec option. Until then, I just avoid him unless he's heavily buffed.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    My wolverine is 5/5/3 but so also 70 now so it would feel like a huge waste to start over. I mean, he's still by far the best character that I have at the moment so I'm not too broken up about it.
  • When I started playing the game, the third standard token I ever used gave my a Red Magneto (Classic). Once I had begun to get other covers, I saw that I wasn't getting any more of them. Since I couldn't develop my Magneto, I thought of it as a weak card and sold it off for space, ISO-8, and Hero Points. (I only recently started getting Magneto covers again. I'm at 2 Blue and 1 Red.)

Also, I spent 125 HP giving Storm a Green power before I realized how rare HP were in the game.

Those are the biggest mistakes I've made so far.
  • I sold a Spiderman Classic for roster space, while keeping Yelena.

Yelena (the **** I leveled her to 30 **** hell) is now gone.

But I'm still mad.
  • I just tried selling a cover from my surplus, mis-tapped, and it upgraded my Wolvie's red to 5.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jctau2002 wrote:
    I just tried selling a cover from my surplus, mis-tapped, and it upgraded my Wolvie's red to 5.
    They really could use a confirmation screen for that. Preferably one that showed your current rank and what the upgrade changes
  • Spoit wrote:
    jctau2002 wrote:
    I just tried selling a cover from my surplus, mis-tapped, and it upgraded my Wolvie's red to 5.
    They really could use a confirmation screen for that. Preferably one that showed your current rank and what the upgrade changes

Yep. That would be immensely helpful. Confirmations screens there and when you are buying packs. I've wasted HP and ISO accidentally tapping a pack I didn't want to buy.
  • I was going to say I never made any, but I just recalled that I accidentally upgraded a 1* or 2* power once via mistouch... don't even recall whom. Also accidentally clicked on the Dark Avengers token (during the first tournament), meaning to redeem a heroic token. At least it turned out to be my first green Rags.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Perhaps instead of confirmation, they could have an undo? After you are taken to the upgraded character cover screen, there should be a small undo button to take it back.
    If you accidentally click a pack, on the "new reward page" you have a slightly bigger undo button running on the bottom side. (before you see what you get)

That way we can recover from mistouches, but it also doesn't slow down someone sitting on a lot of tokens/covers to train.
  • At the start of the game I sold 2 classic mags, and almost sold rag aswell until I got a second cover for him.
    I messed up my thor 445 and kida clasic storm by selling 2 green covers I didn't think I needed and I now need. I haven't messed up any 3* yet cause I don't have enough covers to do that. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I used my extra iron man covers to create a backup iron man... Level 1 with 13/13 powers. And I will never use him but I don't have the heart to sell him back for 100 iso. I should have sold all the covers I cranked into him instead then I would have had 1300 iso... Stupid noob mistake. Facepalm.
  • I used my extra iron man covers to create a backup iron man... Level 1 with 13/13 powers. And I will never use him but I don't have the heart to sell him back for 100 iso. I should have sold all the covers I cranked into him instead then I would have had 1300 iso... Stupid noob mistake. Facepalm.

Keeping him is an even worse mistake, given the cost of cover slots...