New game mode: The Gauntlet

Options
2»

Comments

• Can your next thread be "New game mode <insert something here> Win 4* Dr doom"
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Coincidence of name only unfortunately, although the progression only structure is an interesting start.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hahahaha....we're getting closer to making this a reality!! Good job everybody! Hahaha
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ask for something else, squirrel85. Or maybe tell us what they'll do next.
  • This is what I've been wanting for ages. I'm thrilled.
  • Well so far it seems very doable.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Haha. I wonder if D3 had to start an internal investigation for leaks when this thread popped up.
  • Sandmaker wrote:
    der if D3 had to start an internal investigation for leaks when this thread popped up.
    While I certainly appreciate the uncanny coincidence in the timing, variations on this suggestion have been made a number of times. PvE that is non-competitive, with progressively ramped up difficulty that can be played at a leisurely pace harkens back to the earlier iterations of Puzzle Quest.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They're listening to us! So why am I creeped out by it?
  • Not enough hugs as a child? Hard to say why positive validation weirds you out really.

As Ben Grimm pointed out, this is hardly the firs time this has been discussed, but still, the timing is uncanny. I like the event, way more than Simulator for sure.
  • Upvotes for more squirrel predictions
  • Can d3 at least give me some hp or some colossus covers for ripping my ideas?
  • I gave you an upvote on your OP for your incredible prediction. Or your incredible influence on d3. Either way. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Gotta say, I was highly amused when this thread popped up and I was staring at "The Gauntlet" on the QA servers. icon_e_smile.gif
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Gotta say, I was highly amused when this thread popped up and I was staring at "The Gauntlet" on the QA servers. icon_e_smile.gif

You gotta believe in the power of wikileaks!

(or mpqleaks?)
  • Idea for another game mode. The gauntlet time trials. 24 hour time limit. no health packs, no boosts. See who can get through the gauntlet in the fastest time. Points only count for progression rewards. Reward structure based on times. You can go through as many times as you like to try to beat your time, but no health packs.
  • IceIX wrote:

MJJlqUh.jpg
  • Okay, to be fair, I saw an add online for a new deadpool comic called the gauntlet, which gave me the idea, and was probably where d3 got the idea.

But I'm glad to be the jester in His Lorship IceIX's court. Now will His Majesty throw me a bone (colossus)?