The Hulk PVE combat changes and effects

Options

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    The saves are still stored server side, right? Basically, is the physical save file just recording your player ID when accessing the servers?

Or is it an actual save game file, which you can back up in case you need to rollback changes?

It's an actual save game, but if you tried to roll it back you'd be desynched from the version that the server has and marked for cheating (I presume; I don't know what they actually do). The server always wins.

Hmm, I guess that means you will have to synchronize it yourself, and back up the file every time you transfer comps.

Anyway, it seems that there are many others who find the lack of cloud saves very inconvenient.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/234330/di ... 992250546/
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Anyway, it seems that there are many others who find the lack of cloud saves very inconvenient.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/234330/di ... 992250546/

Oh, no doubt it's inconvenient, and something they definitely should implement.
  • Here's to hoping though.

Considering the fact that many Steam users tend to use different systems for their gaming needs, I doubt that many of them would like to find out that shocking fact that their saves are gone when they use a different comp. Most Steam games (including online) tie the saves to the Steam account, so they can access it anywhere, and it is unique to them. Marvel Puzzle Quest is this exception.

Futhermore, a physical save file possibly means that anyone can use it. (Unless they authenticate by Steam profile, not certain if they do or not.)

Considering the fact that this game uses actual purchases using your Steam account, I seriously think the saves need to be tied directly to the account. Otherwise we would have purchases (and the entire progress) disappear, or people using purchases/saves not belonging to them.
  • You make a fair point, but I suspect the reason they didn't so that is because of the hope that they will eventually be able to link saves between PC and mobile.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    I play the steam version, and only spent 5 dollars on hp to get space for recruit.I dont know what version youre playing, but Im doing decently, getting a lot of heroic recruit tokens and isos. icon_e_biggrin.gif

You play the PC version? And you even paid money for it?

I can tell you this. You're screwed. You don't know it now, but when you try to play the game on your laptop, or on a different PC, you'll start to ask this question. WHERE THE F*** ARE MY CLOUD SAVES?!?!

Why do you feel the need to spew forth all this negativity?

I dunno why you guys bother reading the stuff anymore.
  • Misguided wrote:
    You make a fair point, but I suspect the reason they didn't so that is because of the hope that they will eventually be able to link saves between PC and mobile.

I've checked it. No Facebook account linking for the PC.

I've checked the Shield Training scoreboard. I'm assuming that PC and Android use the same database since I'm seeing the same names. Strange how one allows FB linking, the other doesn't.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    You make a fair point, but I suspect the reason they didn't so that is because of the hope that they will eventually be able to link saves between PC and mobile.

I've checked it. No Facebook account linking for the PC.

Not yet, no, but as far as I know, it is something they are still working on, hence "eventually".
  • If they do that I'd probably transfer to the PC. Truth is, I think I'll prefer playing on my comp. My gripe is that the gems have a smaller screen ratio. I was actually hoping to see big gems. >_< The skill animation speed is fast though. Really fast. That's what I like about it.

But anyway, I guess this means no Steam account linking. I wonder what would happen to purchases made via Steam....
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    @OP

What kind of magical situation are you talking about where your damage gets nerfed? Please don't tell me you're seeing Bullseye's protect tile skill as a nerf. ._.

There is NO WAY to lower someone's damage other than that, unless boosts were changed (Which they weren't.)

You should be using Wolvie. He's the MVP of this tournament by far.
  • I'm only going to address the cookie cutter part of your argument, which is the funniest

i've used the following heroes for different missions in this PVE event:

85 thor
    115 rag
    110 mag
    141 spidey
    35 wolv
    69 daken
    107 im40
    62cap
    55 BSGW

punisher
    hulk
  • Kelbris wrote:
    @OP

What kind of magical situation are you talking about where your damage gets nerfed? Please don't tell me you're seeing Bullseye's protect tile skill as a nerf. ._.

There is NO WAY to lower someone's damage other than that, unless boosts were changed (Which they weren't.)

I actually don't have wolverine... I have 3 covers of him from the last few days, but until then... I've never had him before. No, not bullseye's protect tiles, I already know that's a pain. By nerf, I mean that even when I throw my standard team (Thor, BW modern, and IM 40) when there's no extra teammate even when attempting to abuse black widows ability for every 200 damage im doing, the opposing team is doing roughly 600-800. Now yes, I know that some of the enemies are lvl 230 or so and they will hit hard, but when i originaly completed these missions, I was completing them with all 3 of my team still at least at half health.

Now to address IceIX:

I may just be going crazy, or had alot of luck. But I'm fairly certain i can recognize changes. Having played a multitude of online games before moving to mobile games, I've seen my fair share of situations where a person in your position, who is the mediator between players and developers (I say this because of a post by you that I saw where you claimed you had NOT [delved] into the code in awhile), was not informed of code changes. It happens, don't know if it did here, but it has before.
    Also, with the high end meta, Some of us aren't able to afford to get every cover we need. I finally completed Captain America (4/5red/4) but I have not leveled him up, he's only around lvl 27. I use my "proven" cookie cutter team, mainly because I can't play enough on MPQ because I play two other games, again, that's on me.
    I've lost out on 4 or 5 tournaments (IW being the reward for 2, punisher for 1, and the other(s) two being 4* wolverine) due to being human. I've managed to sit at the top of many tournaments when actively playing and then I'd either get tired or have to work on a project (I'm in college) and I'd either forget to play or sleep through the end of a tournament. AGAIN, THAT IS ON ME.

Now to address DumDumDugn

You obviously don't have the issues most of us F2P players have. Either you've gotten lucky, or you've spent money. I'll lean towards the latter. Some of us don't have the luxury of choosing between 4 lvl 100+ covers nor the luxury of having several high end characters maxed or nearly maxed. Again, its only funny to you because you don't have that issue.

Now to address Nightshade_nova

I play on the iOS version, Iphone is the better of the two major phones (other being Android ofc) I don't like Steam, I find it to be an absolute abomination personally. Now that being said, Steam is a great way to distribute this game. I don't know the differences, but I'm apparently not getting nearly the same number of heroic tokens as you. I'm getting a fair bit of Iso8, (sadly I didn't join the facebook groups soon enough) most of which is going into finishing up my IM 40, and later to work on my other covers that are nearly complete.

Also, to everyone that chased that troll's comment. Thanks for hijacking my thread...
  • Koors wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    @OP

I actually don't have wolverine... I have 3 covers of him from the last few days, but until then... I've never had him before. No, not bullseye's protect tiles, I already know that's a pain. By nerf, I mean that even when I throw my standard team (Thor, BW modern, and IM 40) when there's no extra teammate even when attempting to abuse black widows ability for every 200 damage im doing, the opposing team is doing roughly 600-800. Now yes, I know that some of the enemies are lvl 230 or so and they will hit hard, but when i originaly completed these missions, I was completing them with all 3 of my team still at least at half health.

Now to address IceIX:

I may just be going crazy, or had alot of luck. But I'm fairly certain i can recognize changes. Having played a multitude of online games before moving to mobile games, I've seen my fair share of situations where a person in your position, who is the mediator between players and developers (I say this because of a post by you that I saw where you claimed you had NOT [delved] into the code in awhile), was not informed of code changes. It happens, don't know if it did here, but it has before.
    Also, with the high end meta, Some of us aren't able to afford to get every cover we need. I finally completed Captain America (4/5red/4) but I have not leveled him up, he's only around lvl 27. I use my "proven" cookie cutter team, mainly because I can't play enough on MPQ because I play two other games, again, that's on me.
    I've lost out on 4 or 5 tournaments (IW being the reward for 2, punisher for 1, and the other(s) two being 4* wolverine) due to being human. I've managed to sit at the top of many tournaments when actively playing and then I'd either get tired or have to work on a project (I'm in college) and I'd either forget to play or sleep through the end of a tournament. AGAIN, THAT IS ON ME.

Now to address DumDumDugn

You obviously don't have the issues most of us F2P players have. Either you've gotten lucky, or you've spent money. I'll lean towards the latter. Some of us don't have the luxury of choosing between 4 lvl 100+ covers nor the luxury of having several high end characters maxed or nearly maxed. Again, its only funny to you because you don't have that issue.

Now to address Nightshade_nova

I play on the iOS version, Iphone is the better of the two major phones (other being Android ofc) I don't like Steam, I find it to be an absolute abomination personally. Now that being said, Steam is a great way to distribute this game. I don't know the differences, but I'm apparently not getting nearly the same number of heroic tokens as you. I'm getting a fair bit of Iso8, (sadly I didn't join the facebook groups soon enough) most of which is going into finishing up my IM 40, and later to work on my other covers that are nearly complete.

Also, to everyone that chased that troll's comment. Thanks for hijacking my thread...

I spent $1 on cover slots 2 weeks into the game.
  • Then you've obviously spent a-lot more time on this game than I have and gotten a-lot luckier.
  • Koors wrote:
    Then you've obviously spent a-lot more time on this game than I have and gotten a-lot luckier.

The last cover i ever got was a red rag, so no, i am not luckier than anybody

i have spent a ton of time on this game though. Maybe you should too if you want to get anywhere (or spend money).
  • Koors wrote:
    Then you've obviously spent a-lot more time on this game than I have and gotten a-lot luckier.

When I started playing I had to skip a lot of tournaments and events. Except for getting the lowest hanging fruit.
    Personally, I just got lucky with getting key covers over a few weeks. But I wouldn't need them.
    You didn't have a Wolverine. That tells me you haven't played through the prologue. It would benefit you to do so.

You'll get more stuff over time. Don't get mad at people who have better stuff than you.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Koors wrote:

i have spent a ton of time on this game though. Maybe you should too if you want to get anywhere (or spend money).

To prevent a flame war, I'm going to let your comment slide, cause you obviously can't read. I'll repeat it for you. I'm in college.
    When I started playing I had to skip a lot of tournaments and events. Except for getting the lowest hanging fruit.
    Personally, I just got lucky with getting key covers over a few weeks. But I wouldn't need them.
    You didn't have a Wolverine. That tells me you haven't played through the prologue. It would benefit you to do so.

You'll get more stuff over time. Don't get mad at people who have better stuff than you.

I've beaten every prologue mission at least once, I guess i can go back through to get the remaining rewards.

And I'm not getting mad, you obviously have never played a true MMO. I know the concept of you have to work in order to receive.
  • Koors wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Koors wrote:

To prevent a flame war, I'm going to let your comment slide, cause you obviously can't read. I'll repeat it for you. I'm in college.

I've beaten every prologue mission at least once, I guess i can go back through to get the remaining rewards.

And I'm not getting mad, you obviously have never played a true MMO. I know the concept of you have to work in order to receive.

And i'm a father working a 45 hour a week job, and just had surgery done. What's your point?
  • Nothing has changed, although the last mission in Greenland was bugged at one point and had enemies of level 15/1 instead of 230/230/200
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I just got a Wolvie of every color from the 4 Powered Up tokens I got when all today's missions ended at 5. I'm sure you'll get a couple.

Seriously, my 70 Wolvie is putting out 131 damage strike tiles. It's disgusting.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

And i'm a father working a 45 hour a week job, and just had surgery done. What's your point?

He makes a lot of assumptions.
This discussion has been closed.