End of an era

Options
franckynight
franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
10649703_825528590799045_1461858595315758081_n.jpg?oh=ed76040b07ea5c38e4db2b4549dbab7c&oe=54972AC2&__gda__=1418570782_0da47d6008b6cfe6a9ed2a226389e441
I see a lot of turnover lately in a growing number of teams.. Vets are quitting in drove.. And i forecast some more will leave after the end of s5.. For those who remain.. What keep you going?

Comments

• user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "What keep you going?" -- addiction. They even changed the first screenshot on their Itunes Store app to highlight addiction.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a quick and easy game.

I can play a little during my lunch break. And then a little when I get home from work. Or while my wife is watching her shows. And maybe a little before bed.

I like puzzle games, but I don't stick around when a level takes me more than 10 minutes to figure out. I downloaded Kami and Move, and I haven't played them since I got stuck.

I haven't found another mobile game that doesn't take too long to pick up and play. Angry Birds has always taken forever to load. Angry Birds Epic is too slow for my taste, especially the wave battles that require you to figure out the specific 2-item load out for 3 unique characters to win.
  • 10649703_825528590799045_1461858595315758081_n.jpg?oh=ed76040b07ea5c38e4db2b4549dbab7c&oe=54972AC2&__gda__=1418570782_0da47d6008b6cfe6a9ed2a226389e441
    I see a lot of turnover lately in a growing number of teams.. Vets are quitting in drove.. And i forecast some more will leave after the end of s5.. For those who remain.. What keep you going?
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I can play a little during my lunch break. And then a little when I get home from work. Or while my wife is watching her shows. And maybe a little before bed.

...and occasionally in the middle of the night to grind a little before end of PVE. Sometimes on the toilet. Seldom instead of breakfast. And every time I decide I am too tired for gym or exercised. Often during evening news. And sometimes during sex.
  • I am not a vet yet so I can't know that feeling.

I just started my 2-3* transition and just joined a top 50 alliance, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

I wish I would get to the point where I am a vet and have placed 1st in an event and I have almost all covers maxed. Then we can talk.

Even though many vets quit, it does not mean it is only the game's fault. Many people have actual RL problems to face and they can't play the same as they did before. Now instead of explaining and sharing those real life problems, it is easier to blame the game and recent changes in order to get out of it. It also helps convincing yourself that you are making the right decision when you see other people agree that the game is ****, so it makes it easier for you to go along and quit. I am pretty sure that those vets will come back if new content is released and things are interesting once again.

I think there is a bigger focus on people currently developing their rosters from the developers rather than people who are getting all the 1st spots and they claim that they are bored out of their minds. (If that is the case they can cool off for some events so that other people that need them can go ahead and grab the rewards). If I could get to top 10 easy every single pvp and pve I would not complain as much. It just means you beat what the game is offering, so either enjoy it or move on with your life. It is not an MMO for you to play years and never get bored of it. It is just a match game, and a very addictive one for its kind. I do not think the devs thought it would get this big as a game so that is why they are trying to figure out what to do next now and there is confusion. It helps more if people are patient and try to point out facts of how the game can become better, even though they are repeated countless times , they are read and taken into consideration at some point.

Don't get me wrong I do not have anything personal with anyone posting such posts, but the flooding with almost similar posts of how much the game sucks and how it is a conspiracy theory just makes my eyes hurt. Everyone of us enjoys or enjoyed the game at some point. Getting bored of a game is natural and it is not always the developer's fault. It's the way we are. Let's try and post something positive for once and not just cry all the time.

Some people will quit and others will become stronger. Veterans quitting does not mean the game sucks, it just means they are getting bored of it because they are playing it for over a year. Which is a ridiculous amount of time for such a game. Considering this game has kept people for such a long time, we can agree that there is something positive keeping us here.

I do not want to be a fanboy, I just love comics and I love playing games like this one. I appretiate the effort from every single developer and I understand that they have a business to run. I will enjoy their content and I will welcome anything new. There will be ups and downs but revenue talks. So you should think about that before you spend your money too. Nothing you will ever buy anywhere in your life will last you forever.

Wow! Super long post... I'm bored at work so... yeah!
  • The TacoRings have recently justbhad thisndiscussion among our Vets...we are down to 7-8 OG members from our first20.

On a personal level, i ammotivated by having a complete and fully leveled Roster. Its the old school RPGer in me that keep me motivted. Iove grinding things out for "gold and experience points" so that i can level up my guys. This drive is deep rooted in me and has served me well to weather all of highs and lows of this game since it dropped last October (ive been here since prettymuch the first day)

In addition to my personal goals, helping out with the day to dayrunning ofa top flight alliance like the Tacos definetly keeps me involved (to say the least). It can be grueling at times, especially when we have to do the "R" word....(wont say it, but it rhymes with "Free Fruit" ), but working with 39 other people toward 1common goal (not necessarily the goals outlined by thedevs either, like winning pvp or pve) also helps motivate me.

ive bee here since the start ad im going to be here until im no longer motivated. See you all (hopefully) in S6

marc
  • Hitting u franckynight;-p
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jojeda654 this week I started playing Icebreaker which is made by the Angry Bird folks. Thats decent if you like that type of game. I tried A Dark Room but after the first completion theres not a lot of replay value. Punch Quest is currently my other go to time waster. But given those I still come back to MPQ. I think the competitiveness is also part of the draw.
  • Why do I play?

(In Borrat's voice) Is nice icon_e_smile.gif

In our clan we used to rank top 100 but then people really did get burned out and they quit. Now we just say to people to have fun and enjoy it but don't turn into a zombie in the process. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I honestly don't know, I don't know if it's addiction or nothing better to play in my phone, all I know is that as much as I love this game, they keep pushing me away with every single stupid and untimed change they make, as of right now I think I'm going to keep playing until I run out of hp, when that happens there is no way I'm spending another cent on this game so I guess that will be my time to go.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well, for starters, I avoid the obvious exploits/cheats like cMags or prologue healing. So, I generally don't get upset by the updates. I also avoid regrettable purchases like Cover Packs and Ability Upgrades for newly released characters. That helps me not hate the game.

I also level my Roster evenly, so no single 3* is maxed. This gives me lots a playable combinations, leaving only the 1* characters to warm the bench. I can play for hours with my Roster and not run out of health packs.

I've never scored above of 1000 pts in PvP, but I win well enough to have fun progressing. I don't have a single Fury cover, because aiming for 1st place is more work than fun. I'm totally fine with that. For me, being modestly competitive is a recipe for long term MPQ happiness.

But mostly, this game fits my life. Aside from PvE end times, I can pick up and put down the game at any moment and still decently compete. I love Marvel characters.

I do worry about the end game though. Will the game still be fun when I no longer play my 2* characters? When everyone in my MMR is only playing just the 3 4* characters? That could kill it for me.
  • Modern Black Widow... she is too sexy ! icon_redface.gif
  • Im no vet and also still in 2* to 3* transition. But I have already placed 1st place in 2 of the previous 3 PvE. I love this game because as someone mentions, I like the quick battles and the fact you can play without thinking too much. Although team ups at one point made it a longer game, but I applaud the dev improving on it (cutting down team ups and removing sentry TU) now I usually dont have to care as much what the AI has.

Also, I think having certain rate of attrition is good for everyone. It opens up spots for others who would normally not have a chance. Now if everyone leaves, thats a different problem
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    flo98 wrote:
    Hitting u franckynight;-p
    Ha ha ha.. Finally you show me some love.. Our little retals wars are always entertaining.. You re welcome.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • h4n1s wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

...and occasionally in the middle of the night to grind a little before end of PVE. Sometimes on the toilet. Seldom instead of breakfast. And every time I decide I am too tired for gym or exercised. Often during evening news. And sometimes during sex.
    Thank god, I thought I was the only one.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My team. That's absolutely and definitively the ONLY reason I'm still here. I love my crew.

But with every horrible decision D3 makes. Every unnecessary nerf,change and shameless cash-grab along with the horribly stale "sentry/hood show" each PVP.....

It's just one more nail in the coffin for me.

One more thing that just keeps pushing us further and further away.

How can I keep my team motivated and excited to fight forward when every day is a step backwards in this game? Every day morale and spirits drop lower with everyone I know especially veterans.

It's tough when something you onced loved being a part of is dying and has become a sinking ship.

I expect massive turnover in 3 days everywhere.
  • Patiently waiting for better days, meanwhile grinding Iso and improving my roster and my gameplay.
  • My team. That's absolutely and definitively the ONLY reason I'm still here. I love my crew.

But with every horrible decision D3 makes. Every unnecessary nerf,change and shameless cash-grab along with the horribly stale "sentry/hood show" each PVP.....

It's just one more nail in the coffin for me.

One more thing that just keeps pushing us further and further away.

How can I keep my team motivated and excited to fight forward when every day is a step backwards in this game? Every day morale and spirits drop lower with everyone I know especially veterans.

It's tough when something you onced loved being a part of is dying and has become a sinking ship.

I expect massive turnover in 3 days everywhere.

Did not want to be gloomy, but what you just said is sadly very true... That's the other side of MPQ since Season 4.
  • Xforce will keep me going for at least another month....
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The hope they will eventually give me Thanos...

But actually, I find myself tremendously bored with PvP...I basically only do it because of my Alliance mates.....

I do, however, enjoy the PvE - I enjoy the challenge...and with all the **** MPQ throws at us, it's definitely all a challenge.....