I'm done and done and free

Options
2»

Comments

• Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aebramz wrote:
    Nothing to see here... just another "I was the greatest, I burned myself out and now I'm done." thread.

This community is pure toxicity to the game. Please stop making these posts, or at least consolidate them and title it... "No one gives a tinykitty, but..."
    Harsh, bro.
  • Trisul wrote:
    Aebramz wrote:
    Nothing to see here... just another "I was the greatest, I burned myself out and now I'm done." thread.

This community is pure toxicity to the game. Please stop making these posts, or at least consolidate them and title it... "No one gives a tinykitty, but..."
    Harsh, bro.
    It may be harsh, but it is true.

So you are quiting, it is a game not a job, or a marradge, or something truely important, If you wish to leave some parting words, fine. but to post that you are leaving......

Of course people love to get the last word in no matter what.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally, I tend to find the, "I'm leaving threads and this is why," threads an opportunity for gleaning a truth about a game's health and direction. Not THE Truth but A Truth.

Some people may say that it promotes negativity, but to me, it shows a side of reality. Not the WHOLE reality but A reality from the Player's Side.

Changes aren't necessarily bad because everyone's play styles and play habits are all different and what doesn't work for one person may work for another person, and really, everyone ought to be able to make their own decisions without letting someone else's words unduly affect them.

To me, when longtime veterans start leaving the game for reasons aside from staleness or life changes (and they still love the game but just can't keep up with it anymore) and especially when gameplay mechanics are involved, it usually signals that a major change happened and it wasn't favorable.

Again, what doesn't work for some people certainly may work for others so it definitely isn't an end all be all, BUT:

In terms of game health and game viability in terms of finances, invested and/or significantly interested people who are willing to drop money (and impulsive people for games like Candy Crush) are the people who are going to pay the bills for the game in one way or another whether it be free advertising (word of mouth, positive reviews, helping other players out on this forum, etc) or actual money-money.

True, with people leaving, there are also people coming in, too, and potentially new 'whales' to lure, but if you have people - especially veterans and especially people who were once happy to pay into a game - suddenly decide that it's a no-go, then clearly, that's an already-invested player who's leaving.

New players still have to 'get settled' into a game before they can really give what I would call an 'honest' opinion - especially in a game like this one where you really need to build a roster a bit, participate in a PvE or two, and just play around to see how it all works for better and for worse...

But veteran players have 'been through it all' (well, or most of it) and CAN give an 'honest' opinion (yes, opinion) on the changes and on the 'flow' of the game up to the point they decided that enough was enough and I actually appreciate it.

I may not agree with their thoughts, but I appreciate being able to see their timeline of progress within a game that I'm interested in either continuing or discontinuing because it gives me a chance to compare my own notes and see what worked or didn't work for other people and if they were able to work past certain challenges... or not and if so, why.

That said, to me, these few bits stood out in particular:
    I don't want to have to rush to the newest must-have broken whale characters. I did my time with all of that, built up a solid roster (to see the cream of that roster consecutively crippled rather than realigned)...

I started right at pre-Ragnarok nerf and I am and was always happy to 'wait' to earn my way up to the better roster characters and I'm not even talking about the newest characters.

But what started happening was that I kept building my characters... only to have them nerfed. Build... nerf. Build... nerf. Over and over and over.

Though some changes made sense, others did not and the 'habit' of releasing new characters only to spay and neuter them shortly after is making me wary because clearly, what we see is NOT what we're going to get when it's time for us to build these characters and YES, I think there ARE other ways to address these issues, which leads me to this:
    I won't whine about the Mags nerf--suffice to say I accept he needed to be changed, as did both Rags and Spidey, but by the same token his blue and orchestrating its placement was the last 'interesting' part of the game left for me. What again could have turned into a minor revision of a character (and there were plenty of suggestions how to accomplish this on the boards) instead turned into a gutting. When this happens once, it could be a fluke. Twice, and it's a warning. Three times, and it's a trend.

I definitely agree and with that said, I'm sorry to see you go, qtquazar and thank you for sharing your experience.
  • Hey qtqazar. I couldn't agree with you more. I have in about the same amount of time in this game. The only disagreement that we have is deleting the magneto character and replacing it with another one. Some call if "nerfing". I call it a rip off. That character should have been left alone. I think that the only way to get the attention of Demiurge is to withhold all money. I myself have spent in excess of 700 bucks. Don't ask how/why. It was gradual, and I felt this company should have been financially supported. But now, the community should withdraw all financial support until this management team stops ripping off the players. One has to take into mind that D3 sets the character specs. If they did a thorough job of testing their characters, there would be no need to change them later. By changing the characters after the player base buys covers/spends hours earning, they penalize the players. The players should receive a full refund for whatever they have spent, not the pittance that "demiurege Al" thinks we should get. This is a blatant cash grab. Withdraw all financial support!! P.S. to all of you that think that it is ok to change the characters because we got to "win with mags for a time", let me ask you a question. Can I sell you a new car at an agreed price, then after you use if for a couple of months come and repo it? Then swap it our for an old Pinto? If you think that's ok then I will sell you that car.
  • SunCrusher wrote:
    Personally, I tend to find the, "I'm leaving threads and this is why," threads an opportunity for gleaning a truth about a game's health and direction. Not THE Truth but A Truth.

Some people may say that it promotes negativity, but to me, it shows a side of reality. Not the WHOLE reality but A reality from the Player's Side.

Changes aren't necessarily bad because everyone's play styles and play habits are all different and what doesn't work for one person may work for another person, and really, everyone ought to be able to make their own decisions without letting someone else's words unduly affect them.

To me, when longtime veterans start leaving the game for reasons aside from staleness or life changes (and they still love the game but just can't keep up with it anymore) and especially when gameplay mechanics are involved, it usually signals that a major change happened and it wasn't favorable.

Again, what doesn't work for some people certainly may work for others so it definitely isn't an end all be all, BUT:

In terms of game health and game viability in terms of finances, invested and/or significantly interested people who are willing to drop money (and impulsive people for games like Candy Crush) are the people who are going to pay the bills for the game in one way or another whether it be free advertising (word of mouth, positive reviews, helping other players out on this forum, etc) or actual money-money.

True, with people leaving, there are also people coming in, too, and potentially new 'whales' to lure, but if you have people - especially veterans and especially people who were once happy to pay into a game - suddenly decide that it's a no-go, then clearly, that's an already-invested player who's leaving.

New players still have to 'get settled' into a game before they can really give what I would call an 'honest' opinion - especially in a game like this one where you really need to build a roster a bit, participate in a PvE or two, and just play around to see how it all works for better and for worse...

But veteran players have 'been through it all' (well, or most of it) and CAN give an 'honest' opinion (yes, opinion) on the changes and on the 'flow' of the game up to the point they decided that enough was enough and I actually appreciate it.

I may not agree with their thoughts, but I appreciate being able to see their timeline of progress within a game that I'm interested in either continuing or discontinuing because it gives me a chance to compare my own notes and see what worked or didn't work for other people and if they were able to work past certain challenges... or not and if so, why.

That said, to me, these few bits stood out in particular:
    I don't want to have to rush to the newest must-have broken whale characters. I did my time with all of that, built up a solid roster (to see the cream of that roster consecutively crippled rather than realigned)...

I started right at pre-Ragnarok nerf and I am and was always happy to 'wait' to earn my way up to the better roster characters and I'm not even talking about the newest characters.

But what started happening was that I kept building my characters... only to have them nerfed. Build... nerf. Build... nerf. Over and over and over.

Though some changes made sense, others did not and the 'habit' of releasing new characters only to spay and neuter them shortly after is making me wary because clearly, what we see is NOT what we're going to get when it's time for us to build these characters and YES, I think there ARE other ways to address these issues, which leads me to this:
    I won't whine about the Mags nerf--suffice to say I accept he needed to be changed, as did both Rags and Spidey, but by the same token his blue and orchestrating its placement was the last 'interesting' part of the game left for me. What again could have turned into a minor revision of a character (and there were plenty of suggestions how to accomplish this on the boards) instead turned into a gutting. When this happens once, it could be a fluke. Twice, and it's a warning. Three times, and it's a trend.

I definitely agree and with that said, I'm sorry to see you go, qtquazar and thank you for sharing your experience.

Well said!!!!

"But what started happening was that I kept building my characters... only to have them nerfed. Build... nerf. Build... nerf. Over and over and over."

OMG, I couldn't agree more. I'm on day 310+ and I'm sick of this.
  • I feel the same way when I got screwed out of getting Beast because of it's broken system, and I emailed support and said the same thing. This game is about having FUN, not screwing over people.

I thought about why it was so hard to quit to begin with, and then I read something last night that captured it perfectly. To paraphrase it, the more time and money you spent on an activity, the harder it is to leave because you want a "return" on your investment.

I don't know what the developers are thinking. To put it bluntly, you guys aren't that bright, and it shows with patches. You appear to be at odds with the community and your customers instead of being friends and comrades with them.

Brave Frontier is a way better game. They actually go out their way to be friendly with their customers. I suggest everyone play that. You don't get screwed over, and you can really play for free, instead of paying money for the daily roulette to open hero packs and getting Bagman (like you used to) and Hawkeye instead of the characters you apparently need to play in the events BUT BUY OUR PACKAGES NOW AND JOIN IN YOU MAY WIN THE HERO!

Meh.
    qtquazar wrote:
    Almost made a year.

Thanks to everyone in the community who has made things worthwhile.

I can see where the game will be in the near-term and no longer want any part of it.

Sentry is broken and we all know it, and I don't feel like playing x many tournaments fighting Sentry+friends every single fight, using Sentry+friends every fight. Nor do I want to have to be the guy calling for the nerf, as every vet knows how well that's worked out in the past.

I don't want to have to rush to the newest must-have broken whale characters. I did my time with all of that, built up a solid roster (to see the cream of that roster consecutively crippled rather than realigned), built a Top 10 alliance (every season) with comrades from the ground up, was scoring 1300+ before X-Men figured out how to game the system (more power to you, but further proof the devs are doing nothing to improve gameplay) and finished Top 5 in every single PvP every single season. I don't even want to think about the time spent: Steam says 1055 hours, and that doesn't include my phone.

Achieving this has been a lot of commitment, and I don't feel like scaling back to casual to continue playing a game that doesn't seek to reward its players with better gameplay.

Devs, if you want to fix the game, seriously consider doing two things:

1) Listen to your community. Actually listen. They put out a lot of good ideas, and do a lot of the design work for you, even to the point, in many cases, of considering the monetization angle. Everyone wants you to make money and be successful, up until the point they quit. You really don't seem to value that at all.

2) Take out healing entirely in tourneys for "3*-transitioned" players. Let players choose when this transition occurs (before this, they remain on the 'regular' timed healing but at reduced prizes). This way, every character becomes valuable and useful, and nobody needs to be nerfed, as the game becomes a matter of skill and attrition using your roster. Yes this would take some design work, but it's better than the endless white noise of 7 green, 8 yellow, or whatever the flavour of the month is.

To Ace of Blades: sorry guys. It's been a fun slashy-slashy ride, and I've been tremendously proud of what we've accomplished. I'm sure you'll fill my slot with someone worthwhile. The reins are all yours, AB. Best of luck to you. I'll withdraw from alliance after this PvP.
  • I feel the same way when I got screwed out of getting Beast because of it's broken system, and I emailed support and said the same thing. This game is about having FUN, not screwing over people.

I thought about why it was so hard to quit to begin with, and then I read something last night that captured it perfectly. To paraphrase it, the more time and money you spent on an activity, the harder it is to leave because you want a "return" on your investment.

I don't know what the developers are thinking. To put it bluntly, you guys aren't that bright, and it shows with patches. You appear to be at odds with the community and your customers instead of being friends and comrades with them.

Brave Frontier is a way better game. They actually go out their way to be friendly with their customers. I suggest everyone play that. You don't get screwed over, and you can really play for free, instead of paying money for the daily roulette to open hero packs and getting Bagman (like you used to) and Hawkeye instead of the characters you apparently need to play in the events BUT BUY OUR PACKAGES NOW AND JOIN IN YOU MAY WIN THE HERO!

Meh.
    qtquazar wrote:
    Almost made a year.

Thanks to everyone in the community who has made things worthwhile.

I can see where the game will be in the near-term and no longer want any part of it.

Sentry is broken and we all know it, and I don't feel like playing x many tournaments fighting Sentry+friends every single fight, using Sentry+friends every fight. Nor do I want to have to be the guy calling for the nerf, as every vet knows how well that's worked out in the past.

I don't want to have to rush to the newest must-have broken whale characters. I did my time with all of that, built up a solid roster (to see the cream of that roster consecutively crippled rather than realigned), built a Top 10 alliance (every season) with comrades from the ground up, was scoring 1300+ before X-Men figured out how to game the system (more power to you, but further proof the devs are doing nothing to improve gameplay) and finished Top 5 in every single PvP every single season. I don't even want to think about the time spent: Steam says 1055 hours, and that doesn't include my phone.

Achieving this has been a lot of commitment, and I don't feel like scaling back to casual to continue playing a game that doesn't seek to reward its players with better gameplay.

Devs, if you want to fix the game, seriously consider doing two things:

1) Listen to your community. Actually listen. They put out a lot of good ideas, and do a lot of the design work for you, even to the point, in many cases, of considering the monetization angle. Everyone wants you to make money and be successful, up until the point they quit. You really don't seem to value that at all.

2) Take out healing entirely in tourneys for "3*-transitioned" players. Let players choose when this transition occurs (before this, they remain on the 'regular' timed healing but at reduced prizes). This way, every character becomes valuable and useful, and nobody needs to be nerfed, as the game becomes a matter of skill and attrition using your roster. Yes this would take some design work, but it's better than the endless white noise of 7 green, 8 yellow, or whatever the flavour of the month is.

To Ace of Blades: sorry guys. It's been a fun slashy-slashy ride, and I've been tremendously proud of what we've accomplished. I'm sure you'll fill my slot with someone worthwhile. The reins are all yours, AB. Best of luck to you. I'll withdraw from alliance after this PvP.