Welcome David (Hi-Fi) Moore... community manager

Options
Unknown
edited September 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Congratulations on being our long awaited cfm. Please introduce yourself, don't be shy.

Comments

• You are very silent when you sneak on and off the forum. I see MPQ has been training you well. You should join the dark side....errr....I mean DjangoRebuffed. They are a laid back alliance that can teach you all you need to know for the forum...errrr....the game....err....actually you probably won't learn anything useful per se. But if you want be a real part of the community; then, you need to join an alliance. Consider this officially an unofficial invitation to join DjangoRebuffed...an MPQ retirement alliance. An alliance for people that used to be in DjangoUnbuffed and people that are community manager. Clearly, you qualify due to the latter, not the former.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Greetings, David

I'm at Day 313 of my Shield Resupply and love MPQ as much now as when I started. I am the advocate of the under-appreciated characters. Give me DareDevil, Loki and Invisible Woman and I will rule the world. Okay, I'd do that anyway but I still love them.

My only problem with MPQ is that I have a very possessive cat. I have to put the game down when he comes for loving. If I pick it up, he leaves. I have told him the glory of She-Hulks scream and Thor's Hammer. I have explained how Hulk Smash and Spidey Protect could help him with the other cats. He still rebuffs them. It is a sad, sad day when a woman has to chose between the world's best cat and super heroes.

Don't be discouraged by the grumpies around here. There is a lot of bark but they can't bite you through the computer. Best of luck to you.
  • Bumping. Guess still training, or planning a grand entrance. They sure know how to build suspense.
  • Maybe he saw all the spam and got scared off. It's partially cleaned up now, so hopefully he'll come back.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Maybe he saw all the spam and got scared off. It's partially cleaned up now, so hopefully he'll come back.

Welcome David. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    Maybe he saw all the spam and got scared off. It's partially cleaned up now, so hopefully he'll come back.

Welcome David. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
    See that David? Your paycheque is talking to you. You better answer. icon_e_wink.gif
  • So does he count as being my new boss? Does this mean we might get (more active) moderation occurring in the reasonably near future?

B/c let's be honest, our current crop of moderators are a bunch of slackers. All 1 of them. icon_e_wink.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope you have thick skin. icon_lol.gif
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope you have thick skin. icon_lol.gif

If he actually engages this community on a regular basis I think he will need less of a thick skin over the long run.
    In the short run he will need something flame retardant I suspect, especially after R60 goes live.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think R60 is one of the best releases in awhile. Two buffs, several popular fixes, a long-delayed nerf. First time in awhile where it's advantageous to upgrade.
  • I think R60 is one of the best releases in awhile. Two buffs, several popular fixes, a long-delayed nerf. First time in awhile where it's advantageous to upgrade.

Unless, of course, you only have two maxed 3 * characters and one of them is cmags.
    I shall...perservere.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I think R60 is one of the best releases in awhile. Two buffs, several popular fixes, a long-delayed nerf. First time in awhile where it's advantageous to upgrade.
    And that's why the update is made obligatory for the first time in, not sure, the entire history of MPQ?
    Don't take me wrong, I do agree it needs to be obligatory once it rolls out, but... people won't take it kindly, as usual.

Expect new people joining the forums and claiming they want money back for Magneto and Daken, and that Avoid was the only reason to play Mhawkeye (which it probably was), and that they carefully crafted X-Force to be the only red user on their team and he's utterly different now, etc, etc.
    Not to mention this gem:
    - Countdown tiles placed by Team-Up abilities will no longer be cleared when a character is downed.
  • No response yet? I think we scared him away.
  • or maybe there need to be an official pve before we can have him as our CM?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think only the top 5 individuals and top 50 Alliances get a David Moore. The rest just get some HP.
  • ^ Can it at least be top 100 players and top 100 alliances to be more fair... the 0.001% already get all the fun, so lets move the decimal place over a spot or two icon_razz.gif
  • Wait a minute..... I do not see anything about a "David Moore" in the R60 patch notes?

Congratulations, we found the first unannounced change of the new patch!
  • I'm so ridiculously confused....
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm so ridiculously confused....

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53917

(Scroll to bottom of any forum page, click "The Team" .You get a list of all the D3/Demiurge people and mods.)

He's new so we are assuming he is the CM. Of course who he really is is a mystery icon_question.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good job, you scared away the supposed community manager before his first post, lol.